Positives and Negatives vs Charli...Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

So angry with SPS.

Thought he played quite well today but then that stupid tackle will see him out for at least 2 weeks.

Not helping himself is he.

Can't be mad at that tackle though. He lets go and we all bag him for being soft

That's a league wide issue. No malice at all in it

+
The kids, all of them
Simmo revving up the pea hearts at half time to win the second half
I hate to say it but Gaff had a good game
Petch
Maric

-
Simmo haters know nothing else but to blame everything on Simmo
Curnow getting a big gap on the Coleman
Pressure
Tackling
Duggan
Sheed

Negatives

Kelly was awful.
Shuey was awful, then dead.
Sheed was awful.
Bazzo needs some WAFL time at some point because he's a bit off the pace at AFL level.
Witherden shouldn't be playing AFL.

Positives were the same as the last month really.

Hewett, Maric and Long made the game worth sitting through.

Williams broke even with Dekonig who the media seem to think is better than Paul Salmon.

Hough looked like he was having a crack again.

Can't be mad at that tackle though. He lets go and we all bag him for being soft

That's a league wide issue. No malice at all in it
Agree with a league wide issue but how many instances do players need to see before they adapt their tackles?

+
The kids, all of them
Petch
Maric

-
Pressure
Tackling
Duggan
Sheed

Funny how your last 4 negatives are issues the coach is paid to address yet its not on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pretty horrendous game but perhaps one of the biggest positives of our season occurred in the second half with our coaching staff recognising that Dom Sheed is CBA kryptonite.

You eliminate the player who is routinely sagging off his direct opponent every time the ball doesn't spill to Sheed sitting 5m off the contest offering no defence against the opposition overlap runner and you immediately become more competitive as a side. A big step forward in the right direction for us.

For me Dom is on the same pile as Rotham at the end of the year, find a trade or accept a payout.

I didn't want to raise Gaff today as I thought he was quite good but I'd 100% rather have Gaff in my side busting his arse even if his body makes it so he can't impact some contests vs Sheed who simply won't impact contests if the ball doesn't find him.

With a young group coming through we cannot have players with this type of attitude being among the first picked each week on the list.

Last edited:
Is that it for Shuey then? Can we expect a retirement announcement?
He has to doesn't he?

His body has given up, surely he knows this.

He has to doesn't he?

His body has given up, surely he knows this.

Farewell game in round 24 for mine at home vs Adelaide

Comes on as the sub

+
The kids, all of them
Petch
Maric

-
Pressure
Tackling
Duggan
Sheed
We got flogged you fool. Game done in 15 minutes. Simpson then put our full forward to full back and played chip mark handsies which Carlton were more than happy to go along with because they had injuries and a finals series to think about.

Shuey will remain the worst captain we have ever had. And will remain as a model of that not to do as captain

A captain need to be out there but 50 percent of Shuey captaincy has been on the sideline.

Shuey reluctance to do that right thing in stepping down is anotjer black mark.

Glass knew when time up. Cousins as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back