Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - thank f***ing Christ it's over

Remove this Banner Ad

B. Mahony Young Howe
HB. Taylor Lazzaro Hanson
C. Tucker Bonar Dawson
HF. Howe Corr Drury
F. Drury Jacobs Curtis
Foll. Free Spicer Scott Bergman

Int. Turner Sheils McKay Powell
Doubling up on Howe and Drury might just be the thing that tips off the AFL that we’re tanking.

Last edited:

I'm flying out for this one. Was hoping for a win to end season on high but now wce have surprised us all would prefer to lose I suppose.

Anyone know if now crowds have dropped can u sit in a seat without paying to upgrade.

I'm flying out for this one. Was hoping for a win to end season on high but now wce have surprised us all would prefer to lose I suppose.

Anyone know if now crowds have dropped can u sit in a seat without paying to upgrade.
I can’t imagine too many complaining that you’re sitting in their seat.

If I was a Tassie member I’d be pretty dirty that this was one of the allocated games.

I’m going as well, looking forward to winning in spite of any draft implications. I’d like to think of it as finishing the season with the start of a winning streak 😄

Re seating if the crowd is sparse I’m tipping we will be able to sit anywhere 😉

BTW if you like fishing bring a rod and you can pick up a couple of flatties at half time 🎣

We don't tank.

Not very good at counting interchanges is unrelated

I saw some brain specimen try to link that interchange error back to us tanking, I think on the Eagles board. That it was round ten was not relevant.

I saw some brain specimen try to link that interchange error back to us tanking, I think on the Eagles board. That it was round ten was not relevant.

Did you know that if you add up the IQs of all the North supporters and all the Eagles supporters, you arrive at pretty much the same number.

By Luke Macquire - NMFC Media - Just now ago

In the VFL, Miller Bergman and Kallan Dawson recorded 21 disposals and six marks each, and could win call-ups.

If selected, it would be Bergman's first AFL appearance since Round 16 against Adelaide and Dawson's season debut.

Aiden Bonar (17 disposals, three marks) offers height, while Jackson Archer, a late withdrawal for the reserves' game due to illness, is also in the frame for a recall.

Lachie Young (17 disposals, four clearances) was deployed in midfield by VFL coach Tom Lynch last Sunday against Richmond at the Swinburne Centre, but may be brought in by AFL coach Alastair Clarkson and the match committee given his versatility.

Star midfielder Luke Davies-Uniacke will face a test later in the week in hopes to prove his fitness, after a foot injury kept him out of Round 23.

Charlie Lazzaro has earned consideration having been the most impressive AFL-listed player in the reserves' match. The young onballer recorded game-highs in disposals (35), tackles (12) and clearances (11).

Blake Drury, who replaced McDonald as the substitute at the MCG, played in the VFL as well and kicked two goals from 10 touches playing his half-forward role, throwing his name into the selection hat for the final round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weagles supporters are weird but we all know that.

I've seen multiple instances of them running with this.

I was sat near the coaches box during that game. Which gave me 2 things:
1) the best ride of the Paul Curtis goal, it was brilliant.
2) the ability to look at the coaches in the dying stages. If that move was premeditated it sure didn't look the coaches knew about it.

In the VFL, Miller Bergman and Kallan Dawson recorded 21 disposals and six marks each, and could win call-ups.

If selected, it would be Bergman's first AFL appearance since Round 16 against Adelaide and Dawson's season debut.

Aiden Bonar (17 disposals, three marks) offers height, while Jackson Archer, a late withdrawal for the reserves' game due to illness, is also in the frame for a recall.

Lachie Young (17 disposals, four clearances) was deployed in midfield by VFL coach Tom Lynch last Sunday against Richmond at the Swinburne Centre, but may be brought in by AFL coach Alastair Clarkson and the match committee given his versatility.

Star midfielder Luke Davies-Uniacke will face a test later in the week in hopes to prove his fitness, after a foot injury kept him out of Round 23.

Charlie Lazzaro has earned consideration having been the most impressive AFL-listed player in the reserves' match. The young onballer recorded game-highs in disposals (35), tackles (12) and clearances (11).

Blake Drury, who replaced McDonald as the substitute at the MCG, played in the VFL as well and kicked two goals from 10 touches playing his half-forward role, throwing his name into the selection hat for the final round.
The VFL play in this stupid wildcard finals game.

if you had to weight the games for levels of importance the VFL should be more important to the club. We win and one players will taste finals at the lower level.
Every player that is eligible and fit and not absolutely required for the AFL should be playing in the VFL this weekend.

Going from this I’d go:
LDU
Bergman
Archer
Laz

Seriously WTF is wrong with you campaigners wanting the boys to lose, really does my head in, we need to win games and we need to get behind the boys and cheer them on to wins! Go Roos hope we win this weekend and stick up the franchise that could have been us, don’t forget 2007 let’s keep on keeping North South 👊

Seriously WTF is wrong with you campaigners wanting the boys to lose, really does my head in, we need to win games and we need to get behind the boys and cheer them on to wins! Go Roos hope we win this weekend and stick up the franchise that could have been us, don’t forget 2007 let’s keep on keeping North South 👊

Shiny new draft pick mate, more important than wins (even though we will still likely get 2 phenomenal prospects even if we win).
Let's endure the pain just this once* and get ready to jump back up the ladder next season!

*2020, 2021,2022 don't count

Shiny new draft pick mate, more important than wins (even though we will still likely get 2 phenomenal prospects even if we win).
Let's endure the pain just this once* and get ready to jump back up the ladder next season!

*2020, 2021,2022 don't count
Also, opposition fans genuinely want us to win and not finish bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back