Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Bombers v Pies Fri Aug 25th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve never quite understood this logic. What genuine premiership threat would want to manoeuvre or change their ladder position to avoid a certain opposition in September?

If you are going to win the flag, you’re going to have to play the other premiership threats at some stage in September, whether it’s week 1, or on GF day.

You never sacrifice the integrity of your team to try and meet certain oppositions in September because if you’re genuinely good enough, you’ll face them inevitably in September and beat them.
I guess it's that there's a perception that the Pies are a bit flat at the moment, so an 'easier' game to play them back into form. Knockout competitions, finals, require a bit of luck, and you can miss your worst matchup if they're knocked out by a team that matches up better on them.
However, your point about integrity of team and effort is well made.

I guess it's that there's a perception that the Pies are a bit flat at the moment, so an 'easier' game to play them back into form. Knockout competitions, finals, require a bit of luck, and you can miss your worst matchup if they're knocked out by a team that matches up better on them.
However, your point about integrity of team and effort is well made.
Pies are definitely abit flat at the moment, and the pre finals bye probably comes at a good time for majority of the top 4. In saying that, to Fly’s point, form is temporary, and although the journo asked him about Collingwood losing 3 of the last 4, his response was that we’d also won 1 of the last 2 and if they get up tonight, it’ll be 2 wins in the last 3 weeks too, so form can be interpreted in many ways.

Takes 1 game for a team to click and get their mojo back. Tonight will say a lot about the Pies and their system.

Come on Slobendon!

Bloody lift - it would be so delicious to see your rotting carcass top The Wobblers with your one last reach for oxygen!

On form, this could be a tight game, both teams are playing pretty terrible, and neither have a lot riding on this game

However, pies are a much better team and should be trying to enter the finals on a win, so I'll pick Collingwood by 30 points, but I am in no way as confident as I would've been earlier in the year

I’ve never quite understood this logic. What genuine premiership threat would want to manoeuvre or change their ladder position to avoid a certain opposition in September?

If you are going to win the flag, you’re going to have to play the other premiership threats at some stage in September, whether it’s week 1, or on GF day.

You never sacrifice the integrity of your team to try and meet certain oppositions in September because if you’re genuinely good enough, you’ll face them inevitably in September and beat them.
Who suggested avoiding anyone?

If Collingwood want to face Carlton in the 2023 grand final, they need to regain some form. And the best way to do that is a win against Essendon.

Collingwood by 7
If the win by 7, either Essendon have been set free by missing the finals and discovered how to play footy or they're are out of form. Win by 70 is the least they need to face Blues, who seriously are peaking just about perfectly with players to come back.
I shall now spit the vomit from my mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In another line of extremely s**t decisions, we don't even give Tippa a full game. Can't wait to see him run out when Essendon are down 50 points at 3 quarter time. heck Brad Scott and heck the idiots running the club.

Hard to see Essendon winning this one......by less than 20 goals!

Intriguing game this. Collingwood really need to show some kind of form and Essendon surely have to show some fight.
According to some form means nothing for the Pies as a top 2 spot is already locked and loaded so now they are in cruise control and dont really give a s**t about home and away games now…….

Thats how the finals system works and they have the Cue in the rack now and not even worried if they get a win according to Fadge as the hard work is done and this game win or lose means nothing apparently. 🧐🤪😂

Keep expectations low to avoid disappointment.

In another line of extremely s**t decisions, we don't even give Tippa a full game. Can't wait to see him run out when Essendon are down 50 points at 3 quarter time. * Brad Scott and * the idiots running the club.
Tippa wouldn't make it through the full game. Too tired from chasing arse as Pies get their running game going on Friday night!

Back