Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees get up.
Will be a very good game next week between 2 top 4 teams that deserve it for a consistent years work.
Hope this weekends games are close , exhausting and extremely hard on the bodies!

Good luck to both sides.
Apparently Melbourne have more to play for according to some.
I'm sure we all will be talking about some controversy after the weekend.
Honestly, let’s hope this isn’t decided by a technology induced stuff up or inconsistent umpiring from either side. It’s been a pretty tumultuous year and the Maynard decision was borderline corrupt.

Oh you delisted him!!

I’d be very worried if I were you.

Charlie’s about to have a field day…

People not realising having an ex Demon umpiring could actually work in Carlton’s favour. You just never know.

It’s just something that shouldn’t happen in professional sport. He won’t change the result tonight but why not send him to Adelaide this weekend?

The AFL do not care about the little things and they stuff up the things they do put their energy into. No integrity.

Melbourne team is missing the ruck and followers, only 15 players. Could you amend it please? Thanks.

Two fairly brutal teams facing off. It's hard to forget the last time they met, in the most exhausting and warrior like game I've seen in years. As an ol fart, it took me back to the 1971 GF which is the standard bearer for tough hard unrelenting footy.

These 2 teams have a fair bit of flair as well. It won't all be hand to hand combatr. Concerting i50s will be key, as it always is. But end of day it will be won in the trenches, and who can manouvre the ball forward better.

Carlton being faster have an advantage, their forwards are better too, they have a method i50.

Dees are a murderers row of tough nuts, not speedy, more like a bulldozer than a ferrari. It has its merits.

I can't wait, a real 50 50 game.

At gun point I would choose Dees due to experience, rebound effect, and despite the shrill commentary on how bad their forwards were last game, the rest of the team is in form.

In a close physical encounter, Dees by 1 point!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People not realising having an ex Demon umpiring could actually work in Carlton’s favour. You just never know.

It’s just something that shouldn’t happen in professional sport. He won’t change the result tonight but why not send him to Adelaide this weekend?

The AFL do not care about the little things and they stuff up the things they do put their energy into. No integrity.
He was with the Bullants for like 5-6 seasons too.
Honestly, I'm more concerned about Williamson umpiring this game. He always reams us.

Good luck to both sides.
Apparently Melbourne have more to play for according to some.
I'm sure we all will be talking about some controversy after the weekend.
More pressure on Melbourne to win imo

If Carlton lose tonight their season will still be considered a success and there will be a lot of optimism and momentum heading in 2024. If Melbourne go out in straight sets it will be considered a wasted season and the heat will come on them

If Carlton lose tonight their season will still be considered a success and there will be a lot of optimism and momentum heading in 2024. If Melbourne go out in straight sets it will be considered a wasted season and the heat will come on them
Yup spot on succinctly put, I agree at the end of the day this is the sentiment exactly, should be a tough , tight match, skilled players on both teams should provide a great spectacle, worthy of finalists.
Go Blues.

Melbourne for mine. Were okay last week- unlucky to lose a chief playmaker so early. if only they had a key forward
Not sure they can win in Brisbane though

Been said but Brayshaw out is massive....... Our midfield will bat deeper.

Langdon not the damaging player he was so I think our wings with Acres, Cotters and Doc rotating also have an edge.

Kosi the x factor and we will have to be all over him like a cheap suit.

Gawn is a champion and we can only hope our two-man set up wears him down and limits his influence.
TDK around the ground will have to compete in the air with him and try to push forward running off him.
Pitto to simply harass and bullock.

Charlie ready to explode? I think the pressure of being the No.1 man particularly in the media last few weeks has not helped Charlie boy. He is a shy bloke.

The spotlight has not been on him this week thanks to Maynard and I have a feeling tonight he has a very big one.

Walsh and Cripps going head-to-head with Trac and Oliver will be huge and will go a long way to deciding the outcome.

Four cannons (very big guns :thumbsu:)

BLUES by a GOAL !

Last edited:

Agree, but I highly doubt any player is thinking about this while playing.

feel like Melbourne's inability to score is largely to do with our mids blindly bombing the ball inside the forward 50. If we understood the concept of lowering your eyes we wouldn't have to worry about another straight sets exit.

Every team would benefit from players lowering their eyes.

It's a problem Carlton has struggled with for about 20 years.

Every team would benefit from players lowering their eyes.

It's a problem Carlton has struggled with for about 20 years.
True, but I lost count of the number of times we randomly blasted the ball into the forwardline last week. It was a huge reason why we couldn't kick goals.

Back