Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Semi Final (Week 2) - Port v GWS Sat Sept 16th 7:10pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All class from butters here -

He would probably want that moment back again. If they weren’t 5 kicks down going into half time, perhaps he behaves differently.

I think it says more about how Port Adelaide as a whole handled the Giants midfield and scoreboard pressure as the match progressed.

GWS get a 6 day break. Probably a step too far
Really really unfair that it’s a Friday night game.
Do GWS stay in Melbourne ? Surely they planned ahead and just straight there to prepare

I doubt they would’ve burdened the players with preparing for a whole week away when it wasn’t confirmed before last night.

They’ll most likely fly to Sydney today, on-feet sessions at Olympic Park on Tuesday and Thursday, and fly down to Melbourne on Thursday arvo. It’s not ideal, considering Carlton get 8 days, but the AFL don’t care about that.

No issues with Butters on this issue. In context, he had the mark in the area and the lady ON THE GROUND was not moving her things out the way which was impeding him. He was clearly frustrated and i do not blame him.
There are appropriate ways of doing things. This is not it.

In hindsight, pretty obvious result. Port barely scrapped past Essendon, who were reamed by GWS....
But seriously, didn't see that result happening, where GWS could've won by a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight, pretty obvious result. Port barely scrapped past Essendon, who were reamed by GWS....
But seriously, didn't see that result happening, where GWS could've won by a lot more.
Same here, jumped onto AFL app at half time and couldn’t believe the score line.
GWS are a serious team, but at home Port should be winning this game.

The games should be played on the same day. You can't defend this.
It's been the same for years. Can you point me to the posts where you were complaining about this in 2017?
The AFL aren't going to change rules just because you've been brought up to believe the world revolves around you. The way you change rules to advantage your club, or disadvantage others, is to get your future CEO onto the rules committee like Geelong did

Jason Horne Francis? More like Jason Horne Bye Bye

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF by Mickey Mouse
This is so embarrassing on so many levels

Collingwood Finished on top of the ladder and won their qualifying final, so they play Friday night. Entitled whinging won't change that rule.

Not with a six day break.

Won't matter as GWS are the best team around right now. They will still win.

Back