Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Port Sat Sept 9th 7:25pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He's trying to milk free kicks. Good defence.
Umpires allowing players to hold players off the ball is one of the biggest blights on the game. And the fact that it is just another one of those frees that the umpires can just whip out of their rectum when it happens to suit them is even worse. Standard umpiring rubbish "nope, even though you are being illegally impeded, I'm not giving you a free . . .because you are flapping your arms and I happen to not approve . . .at the moment" RUBBISH

Because . . .Vic/SA/WA crowds never . . . .ever . . . . call "ball" inappropriately. Because they are the only ones that know anything about footy right? Mate, you are living two generations in the past. Go yell at a cloud.
Yeah these comments never get old.

A majority of lions members have probably been going to the footy longer than he has been alive. Most of the members that sat around me had been going to Carrara. But ‘the thugby nuffies ya-huck..’

I’ve never ever heard a southern crowd yell out ‘ball’ or boo without reason. 🙄

That was a terrible call. But it doesnt mean the umpires should make more terrible calls.

Game has been pretty good so far.
I think they need to be consistent. Inconsistency is a terrible look and that is then what gets fans asking questions about bias. Why would you call that SPP one right in front of goal and gift port one but then ignore three other similar on Cameron at the other end?

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Yeah these comments never get old.

A majority of lions members have probably been going to the footy longer than he has been alive. Most of the members that sat around me had been going to Carrara. But ‘the thugby nuffies ya-huck..’

I’ve never ever heard a southern crowd yell out ‘ball’ or boo without reason. 🙄
I've been a Bears/Lions member since 1993. I've been sitting next to the same people at the Gabba every game for about 20 years. We're footy people. The attitude towards us might have been broadly true 30 years ago but not any more

You know you got some nuffies struggling when they can’t come up with anything about the game so they start talking about how players spell their names🙄

Please. I've seen this dance a million times now, it's groundhog Day. Finals are hinkleys kryptonite and we're the morons that decided to sign him before the finals because of Koch's ego. Fact of the matter is, we've only beaten one club in finals since 2014, and that's Geelong. That's pathetic, I refuse to sit back and watch ken go through another list of talent and * it up. The boys say they love and play for Kenny, but every time we have a pressure situation we s**t the bed. Ken is a perineal loser, and as long as he's at the club that's the mentality that will stay.l
Sounds like you’ve already given up on the year. Nah, I’ve seen some really good footy from Port this year and whilst the first final was a chance gone, always a tough ask.
Home final this week and if you progress to play a prelim at the G then I’d take that over a return trip to the Gabba.
A lot of ifs and buts, however I’m not yet sold Port are out of contention but I respect your view and hope I’m right!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you’ve already given up on the year. Nah, I’ve seen some really good footy from Port this year and whilst the first final was a chance gone, always a tough ask.
Home final this week and if you progress to play a prelim at the G then I’d take that over a return trip to the Gabba.
A lot of ifs and buts, however I’m not yet sold Port are out of contention but I respect your view and hope I’m right!!
The team lacks intestinal fortitude in September and has had that issue from 2015 onwards. Hinkley may be respected as a regular season coach, but he hasn't got what it takes when it comes to finals. Its a real 'someones gotta lose' like attitude he instills into the team. Like you've said, at times this year we've played some scintillating football, but in September, Hinkley likes to set us up to be very defensive minded.

The team lacks intestinal fortitude in September and has had that issue from 2015 onwards. Hinkley may be respected as a regular season coach, but he hasn't got what it takes when it comes to finals. Its a real 'someones gotta lose' like attitude he instills into the team. Like you've said, at times this year we've played some scintillating football, but in September, Hinkley likes to set us up to be very defensive minded.
I hear you and don’t disagree that opportunities over the last few years have gone begging. It’s bloody hard to win flags and Port have and still are in the frame.
Good luck this weekend and beyond, I love watching Port in full flight, they’ve got some amazing kids and I just feel that with their backs against the wall we’ll see the best of Port in the weeks ahead.

Back