Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 28.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to hearing from Collingwood supporters for the next 12 months complain how unpaid frees got them through to the Grand Final. Or are unpaid frees only an issue when your team loses. Those high frees and trip that wasn't paid were more of a free than the Papley one from last year that we have heard about relentlessly.
Yes the Papley free that got you into a memorable GF - lol
Even Swans supporters now wish it wasn’t paid, given the embarrassment they endured the following week.

So glad you stopped crying. Sounded like a real princess most of the game. Not sure why you worried, the VFL was always going to ensure the result.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yet the "VFL" didn't want to ensure a Collingwood grand final in 2019 and 2022 when we lost by a point and 4 points to interstate teams? That's very puzzling. Just on a whim they felt they needed a Collingwood GF in 2023. Got it.

Might as well be watching the Storm. Terrible game and terrible umpiring. Seriously, whoever thinks just throwing the whistle away is good for games has no idea.
Anyone who calls that game terrible has no idea what constitutes a great final. That was an incredible game filled with the most intense pressure. If you prefer free flowing high scoring bruise free sporting contests watch the basketball.

I think the Hawks won three of their prelims by less than a goal during their dominant era before going on to win the flag. Sometimes the prelim is more intense and high pressured than the GF.

Pies kept their heads. GWS had their heads pulled off.
Ginnivan has his head ripped off on a weekly basis and everyone mocks Jack and applauds the umpiring. Toby drops his knees and gets ignored just like Jack and there is an online meltdown. Suck it up.

Anyone who calls that game terrible has no idea what constitutes a great final. That was an incredible game filled with the most intense pressure. If you prefer free flowing high scoring bruise free sporting contests watch the basketball.
I was on the end of my seat, and my heart threatening to jump out thru my throat. Great game.

A brave effort from Collingwood to get past GWS by a point with a longer break, less travel, more supporters and the umpires on their side.

Looking forward to a 20th anniversary repeat of Brisbane beating them in the GF or in the unlikely event Carlton win a repeat of 1979 or 81.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A brave effort from Collingwood to get past GWS by a point with a longer break, less travel, more supporters and the umpires on their side.

Looking forward to a 20th anniversary repeat of Brisbane beating them in the GF or in the unlikely event Carlton win a repeat of 1979 or 81.
So bitter! Delicious.

The stakes are huge tomorrow. Fair dues to the Pies on reaching a grand final, but my god if we beat the Lions then number seventeen is ours.:D

If the Lions win, then that'll bring back nightmares of 2002 and 2003 for the Pies fans!

They may have a problem winning them, but you can't fault Collingwood for their ability to make grand finals to be fair.

So bitter! Delicious.

One good thing about Collingwood making the GF is at least I will have a team to barrack against.

I even barracked for West Coast in the 2018 GF and I usually hate West Coast, I will probably even barrack for Carlton if they make the GF.

Max props Pies.
Always find a way.
Pretty disappointed. There's next year.

Pressure really tells in these finals. I love these types of games. I'm in the minority, I know. Most footy fans like high marking and flashy goals. I really get off on the tackles, the heat, the smothers, the skill under extreme pressure. All those little 1%ers that make the difference.

No complaints. Bring on the next PF.
A terrific year by your mob. Hard to fault any line - I think it’s the depth that needs rectifying but GWS have put together a damn impressive body of work over the last eight or nine years. Appreciate the considered comments

Let me get this straight - In finals which are apparently AFL hosted and neutral other than location, we get both sets of team graphics on the electronic signage at the Gabba, but fireworks for the Pies winning at the MCG?

And this is meant to be considered a national competition.
The pyrotechnics were also going off for every GWS goal…

Someone posted this on our board.:grinv1::laughv1:

fb_img_1695384701401-jpg.1810943

Back