Toast PF = Collingwood 58-57 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing you have to take your hat off to was guys like Idun, Taylor, Buckley and Perrymam for the oppo, they were under the pump and responded brilliantly.

For us DeGoey amazing, Quaynor brilliant, Naicos very good, Steele good and Mitchell great in the second half.

Jaicos definitely needing a lift next week!! But geez, can't question the effort, leadership and organisation.

STEP ONE: Fly out tomorrow morning to Bangkok; change to domestic flight to Chiang Mai.
STEP TWO: Taxi up to near Chiang Rai for 2 or 3 days of opium-enhanced dreamy sleep by the river.
STEP THREE: Reverse trip in time for captain's run, and a bit more sleep.
STEP FOUR: Witness our next premiership, but take it a bit easy in the celebrations as you've had a pretty big week, VP.
Dedication!

I've had a few drinks tonight, and I must admit I've had a few too many. I'm watching the replay on Foxtel. I couldn't watch the last few minutes as I was so nervous. I started to tear up when my little nephew said that in the last 20 seconds, we won. I am still so emotional and can't believe it. 1 point!!! Go Pies!!!
1695399698499.gif

I thought Mason Cox was magnificent from the start to finish of the clash. His clutch goal and double digit hit outs to advantage were a huge part of our victory. I still find it staggering that there are those who want him out of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron had his best marking game in a while, with 8, and did well all round.

Thought he was one of our poorer players in that first half, played well around ground behind the ball to mark in that 2nd half.

Imo we lose a lot of momentum when he rucks and is slow and on occasions soft in the ground contests (not marking contests).

One thing you have to take your hat off to was guys like Idun, Taylor, Buckley and Perrymam for the oppo, they were under the pump and responded brilliantly.

For us DeGoey amazing, Quaynor brilliant, Naicos very good, Steele good and Mitchell great in the second half.

Jaicos definitely needing a lift next week!! But geez, can't question the effort, leadership and organisation.

Mitchell good in last quarter and Mia for 3qtrs.

Thought he was one of our poorer players in that first half, played well around ground behind the ball to mark in that 2nd half.

Imo we lose a lot of momentum when he rucks and is slow and on occasions soft in the ground contests (not marking contests).
Cameron is my biggest concern.

100% on the second 50m penalty.

Sidebum was solid in a high stakes game played under enormous pressure. I'd easily have him in our top 10.

His workrate and contribution were more evident for those at the ground.

P.S: The atmosphere at the ground was mind blowing. Was there with my proudly one-eyed feral kids. Son's b'day, not a bad pressie for him.

Yeah outside the 50m and couple scrubbed kicks he's in my top 6 or so pies for the game.

Brisbane or Carlton...I think we can compete against either one.

We can compete but we are also 0/2 vs Brisbane and for much of the prelim we looked off the boil.
Need a big lift from many players on GF day and a reverting of slow chip boundary to the daring run and center attacking style that we played most the year.

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s a roll of the dice but we have to try something.

If we play Brisbane I’m inclined to want Frampton taking Hipwood or Daniher.

I have a feeling we will go with Freddy. Frampton can't play forward very well and I can't see us changing anything in our defence as it's it's purring like a kitten

I can't really get a gauge on our performances the past couple of weeks.

We're playing far more defensively, and our mid-forward connection has not been as fluid.

It feels like we are trying to figure out the right balance between defense/attack.

Hope it all comes together for us in the GF and we blitz.

The GF is scary for me... because of Pies past results. 2018 the most recent was such a heart break and the Lions dual wins back in 2002 and 2003...

I really respect Lions and Carlton's resurgence and therefore I am not as confident going into next week.... it really comes down to who ever turns up and not crap their pants....

I’m heading out on Mallorca!!! Tonight is gonna be wild!!
Chrispiesssss this morning

hangover-stu-waking-up-scene-a8uw92al6y6uybxh.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back