AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Carringbush v Brisbane 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I feel right now, our club is amateur. Tigers win 3 of 4, pies now win one. 23 years since our last one. Is our list balanced enough go win one, I’m not convinced. Unless we can inject some pace and skill, I don’t see it. Maybe I’m just flat from seeing the pies win. Where is the Carlton side of the 70s and 80s ? Will it ever exist again ? Pies are young and hungry, their future looks very bright. Again maybe I’m depressed from what I just witnessed, ie you call that advantage ?
Young and hungry???? They have 6 players over 30, they haven't got much time left.

I feel more devastated over the result of the GF than I was over last week, Collingwood winning GFs has always been my worst nightmare.

Coleman racked up a lot of the ball but lost Hill especially early. Thought Daniher was clear best on for the Lions - destroyed Moore

Coleman got half his touches from kick ins. Also his direct opponent for much of the first half was Bobby “Norm Smith” Hill. He wasn’t even in Brisbanes best 3 players. IMO that was McLuggage, McInerney and Andrews.

This Grand Final highlighted to me how inadequate Owies, Motlop, Durdin and Fogarty compared to Bailey, Cameron, Hill and Elliot. Carlton need upgrades to small and medium fwds to win a flag
Other than Motlop tracking statistically better in his first two years than any of the players you’ve named.
Hill hadn’t kicked more than 20 goals in a season prior to this year. He’s in his 5th season..
Need to add some context sometimes.
Motlop & Durdin are tracking to be quality AFL small forwards
They are our next premiership small forwards

This sucks. You can say that collingwood was the best team all year, and history in the text will show that.

But crickey… soft, downhill skiers - crumble under pressure…

I hate everything that that team stands for. Their culture, their history and the fact their petulant supporters take enjoyment from our misery.

We must destroy them next year and show the league that we are the best. Forever and for always.

* collingwood

The side that finished clear on top, won the QF, PF and Grand Final are down hill skiers and crumble under pressure?

Ridiculous.

They proved this year and last year, they are elite under pressure.

Coleman racked up a lot of the ball but lost Hill especially early. Thought Daniher was clear best on for the Lions - destroyed Moore
Yep, anyone wondering why we play Pittonet needs to watch that GF again.
Brisbane win that game having someone like Pitt smashing himself up against the two Collingwood junk rucks.
Robbed Brisbane of their best forward, Daniher, to bash himself in the ruck against a couple of trucks..Particularly with Hipwood not giving yelp.
Going in with one ruck hurt Brisbane

Yep, anyone wondering why we play Pittonet needs to watch that GF again.
Brisbane win that game having someone like Pitt smashing himself up against the two Collingwood junk rucks.
Robbed Brisbane of their best forward, Daniher, to bash himself in the ruck against a couple of trucks..Particularly with Hipwood not giving yelp.
Going in with one ruck hurt Brisbane
Not sure that was the defining factor. Two rucks does seem to be gaining some credibility lately though.

Brisbane wingers were taught a lesson. Berry and Ah Chee…. Awful.

Their game works at the Gabba but they aren’t the same indomitable force on the MCG. Wider ground and longer. A talented forward line kept them in the game but I thought the pies were 3-5 goals superior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We take care of Kidean Coleman and we play in the GF, said it before the prelim…he is a gun

Collingwood shut him down in the second half and wallah!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wasnt only Coleman. I reckon McKenna hurt us as much if not more. Half back flankers have been our nemesis for seasons because our smalls and half forwards are too slow. The running pressure from Hill and Mcreary is ridiculous

Not sure that was the defining factor. Two rucks does seem to be gaining some credibility lately though.

Their game works at the Gabba but they aren’t the same indomitable force on the MCG. Wider ground and longer. A talented forward line kept them in the game but I thought the pies were 3-5 goals superior.

Rayner was also terrible. They played with minimal dare and deserved to lose.

Motlop just played his second season and is 19-years old. Arguably won us the game against the Dees in a semi final after those two goals. No reason he can't improve and add more facets to his game. Durdin is 21 with only three years in the system and his third was injury-affected. Have high hopes for both of these players and wouldn't surprise me if they took a massive step in 24'.
Right now, Motlop is not there, Yes he could develop

I think it was. There were other things that impacted as well
But where do you want Daniher, in the ruck against Cox or in the forward 50?
I thought Brisbane needed to take the game on more - They were too static coming out of defence when Coleman went off the boil. They needed to move the ball quicker into the forward 50 targeting Daniher - They couldn’t as Daniher was getting banged up in the ruck for important minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back