AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Carringbush v Brisbane 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the favourites for the 2024 flag up yet?

cadbury_favourites_265g-1.png

Last edited:
Unless he got unfairly penalised for our loss to the Lions he should be a shoe in.

Last week he'll get something between 4-8 votes so should finish on 22-26 votes.

Coleman the only player that looks capable of getting to 22 and he needs 8 votes today to do that assuming he got 10 last week. That would be generous given he was invisible in the 2nd half.

It will be interesting to see how the coaches view De Goey’s game today. He was there in the important moments.

I think Walsh has done enough should he find 5 votes against Brisbane. He was in the best 3 players on the ground and quite easily imo.

Players that would improve and inspire our team, immediately
a Ruckman , athleticism & involvement around the ground, an elite quality midfielder, an elite & dynamic, goal scoring mid size half forward.
Regarding incoming players emphasis should be on speed, footy IQ, intelligent ball distribution and kicking skills.
In Austin we trust, I’m certain he has a plan to upgrade the playing list.
So serviceable players are OK for collingwood to make a GF but we need elite? Acres isn't elite but he sure as hell made a difference to our team.

Why different goalposts for us?

I am a supporter my friend....We put our trust and faith in the full time employees of the club to get these judgements and decisions right....I am just pointing out that sitting still and not being proactive will not get us where we want to go.
yes, this is the club's plan for 2024 - you are astonishingly prescient.........

Precision would look like adding a couple of players to our list that make us a better team in 2024......Collingwood were 1 point away from the Grand Final in 2022 and strategically improved their list. Without Mitchell's in and under work and grunt and without Hill's speed and agility up forward they don't win the GF today.

What types of players? Any names in mind?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So serviceable players are OK for collingwood to make a GF but we need elite? Acres isn't elite but he sure as hell made a difference to our team.

Why different goalposts for us?

We have our share of serviceable, as all teams do, but we have a few critical areas that need attention like such as speed , effective ball distribution and goal kicking ability.
Up grading and or bolstering a playing list isn’t rocket science, it takes good list and salary cap management, usually over a few trade periods, all teams go about it as necessary.

We have our share of serviceable, as all teams do, but we have a few critical areas that need attention like such as speed , effective ball distribution and goal kicking ability.
Up grading and or bolstering a playing list isn’t rocket science, it takes good list and salary cap management, usually over a few trade periods, all teams go about it as necessary.
It's still a hindsight view on Collingwood recruiting. Agree about areas of need. Maybe add a tall defender.

Still would focus on more Acres types, rather than elites. Footy IQ with a team bent.

They finished on top of the ladder, and they were the best team this year unfortunately! I despise and detest the filth, but i have no problems or issues with acknowledging that reality.

That Pies team had to go through the hard yards to win that flag. They lost a grand final in 2018 and lost prelim finals in 2019 and last year.

The road to success is fueled with failure after all. Hopefully our defeat to Brisbane and the filths flag win, will really drive on Vossy and the players next year.

The filth getting to 17 flags before us would be a total and utter disaster!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back