Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit.

Albo took the referendum to the election and the racists on the right refused to get behind it. In fact, not only do you whackjobs refuse to own your racism, but your mob actively spread lies about what was proposed.

Grubs.

Outside of Brisbane, Qld voted about 80% No, as a reward for their non-support, their public service was given an extra 5 days of leave to mourn the result.

If you seriously believe that any of WA, SA and Qld were ever voting Yes then I don't know what to tell you.

This country is in serious trouble, our leaders are all tone deaf and blind. They're more concerned with being liked / popular and not being labelled than they are with governing.

I'm in my mid 50s, I might only have to put up with this crap for another 20 or 30 years, my kids are teens, they might have another 70.

You need to understand two things

How terrible the coalition are isn't an excuse for the ALP to also be s**t. The lesser evil is still evil.

Anywhere power exists, protecting power exists and the ALP are not cleam skins.

But the coalition is not a defence of Labor it's also a condemnation of labor currently
That's great, now start a revolution

Outside of Brisbane, Qld voted about 80% No, as a reward for their non-support, their public service was given an extra 5 days of leave to mourn the result.

If you seriously believe that any of WA, SA and Qld were ever voting Yes then I don't know what to tell you.

This country is in serious trouble, our leaders are all tone deaf and blind. They're more concerned with being liked / popular and not being labelled than they are with governing.

I'm in my mid 50s, I might only have to put up with this crap for another 20 or 30 years, my kids are teens, they might have another 70.

Of course the referendum was doomed. It was done for the second that it failed to get bipartisan support.

I know which side of history I’d rather be on though.

LEFTIES

there it is

LEFTIES

The media do control this country. Prove me wrong.
An example not directly related to alp/lnp is that social media is challenging the mainstream media narrative around Israel - Palestine and this has led to protests against Israeli actions despite the opposition to those protests from both major political parties and the mainstream media.
So the mainstream media while influential does not have “control”

As soon as the referendum was announced it was no hope of getting voted in.

At the very, very least, Qld, WA and SA were going to vote against it, and guess what? They did comfortably. It was a dead duck from the get go.

Despite the above, Albo spent almost all of his energies over the next 6 months backing this dead duck whilst ignoring everything else going on for the vast majority of the country.

You explain how that wasn't divisive? It was borderline cruel having it when it was zero chance of getting voted in. It will be decades before it or something similar comes up again.
Nonsense. The Voice had overall national support when the referendum was announced, including in WA (over 60 per cent at one point) and SA. It died the day Dutton politicised the welfare of Indigenous Australians for political capital. Don’t try and put the cruelty on to anyone else. He’s a campaigner.

Labor are getting questions because everything they have touched has made Australians poorer and less safe...
Hey guys, has anyone here been attacked yet by The Ruthless 81? I haven't - thank God - but that's only because I'm barricading myself inside my home until there's a change of govt and OUR STREETS ARE SAFE AGAIN from The Menace!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh please. Labor are getting questions because everything they have touched has made Australians poorer and less safe. Nothing to do with the media. They have destroyed the economy in a way I didn't think was even possible.

Have to laugh at the partisan hackery here, from a media outlet and parroted by you. But it's "nothing to do with the media" apparently.

Ignoring the hyperbole and claims directly made about how Labor has wrecked the economy.... if you actually look at these graphs, instead of being wilfully blind, you can very clearly see trends, including rates of growth/decline, that were underway before Labor were in office. But no, of course Labor must somehow be responsible for that too, including the increase in immigration which began under the Coalition, and would have continued.

We know that inflation rate increases were booming under the Coalition, and they peaked within Labor's first 6 months in office. Interest rate rises began under the Coalition and would have continued in much the same way (though maybe not quite as much, because the poor sweet RBA whose hand has apparently been forced only by Labor, isn't above some partisanship).

This "article" and yourself are wilfully cherry picking data (which doesn't even show what you want), ignoring global factors, and continued trends that were occuring before June 2022. There are of course structural, long term domestic factors that are contributing to these problems. However, given who has been in power for 70+ % of the time since the mid 90s, claims about Labor's sole responsibility for "destroying the economy" are laughable.

They (Labor) can do more to help the large section of the country experiencing financial pain in the shorter term, and implement longer term reforms, both worthy of discussion and critique. But this "it's all Labor's fault" nonsense was dumb back in the 80s/90s and still is.

Last edited:
Oh please. Labor are getting questions because everything they have touched has made Australians poorer and less safe. Nothing to do with the media. They have destroyed the economy in a way I didn't think was even possible.

This is an absolute text book case in media bias in Australia

Blames ALP policy failure, for what the article itself says in an economic malaise thats been going for 13 years.

What sort of balanced media rights an article identifying that Australian living standards have gone no where for over a decade, and pins the blame on the policies of the party in power for the last 6 months?

It would be laughable if it wasn't for the huge number of numpties that fall for it.

Albanese won an election.. with the very same media barking in the background.

Why is it all of a sudden the main issue now?
Albo was up against a complete muppet.

The media did manage to win that muppet one election but Australians were not making that mistake again.

Now we have a new muppet, and the media spend 10-20% of their efforts polishing the Dutton turd the other 80-90% discrediting Albo.

And in response to why Dan Andrew’s had no problem with the media in Victoria, 1/ Dan treated the media how they deserved to be treated - with complete disdain. 2/ there may never be a more politically inept organisation that the Victorian Liberals. Apparently Peusutto is about to get sacked - for who?

Dude, stop making up s**t. If you’re going to continue doing this I will report you. Follow the conversation properly.

I’ve literally stated that they favour the LNP, TWICE already.

It doesn’t mean that the media is the sole reason Dutton is making up ground.
Why is Dutton making up ground then? His policies? His charisma? His vision for Australia?

Why?

He's losing ground by having no tangible policies/reforms.
But that is actually only a perception - not a reality. And a perception pushed by the media.

Albo’s achievements are extensive;
  1. Anti corruption commission established
  2. Hugely improved relations with China
  3. Balancing of relationship between China and the USA
  4. Re-engagement with Pacific Islands which is hugely significant from a strategic perspective.
  5. Sadly the failed Voice referendum.
  6. Trying to fix the NDIS
  7. Aged care reform
  8. Childcare reform
  9. Baby steps sadly on energy reform and the environment - but at least there are steps
  10. Infrastructure review and cancelling of a whole bunch of pork barrelling by the previous government
  11. Energy subsidies
  12. Yada yada
Compare this to Morrison;
  1. Thankfully failed religious discrimination bill
  2. Ummmm 🤔 yeh there is nothing else.
Compared to Dutton’s vision;
  1. Ummmm 🤔 I honestly have no idea.
But we here are with the perception being perpetuated endlessly that Albo is failing miserably and Dutton is the only answer - despite the fact the Albo has led a perfectly competent government and Dutton has no plans for anything except to make everyone endlessly petrified of nonexistent threats that only he can save them from.

Bullshit.

Albo took the referendum to the election and the racists on the right refused to get behind it. In fact, not only do you whackjobs refuse to own your racism, but your mob actively spread lies about what was proposed.

Grubs.
How are Jacinta and Warren going? Are they ok? Haven’t heard from them in a while. I guess it was a another transactional thing

Federal Government - Labor

Qld - Labor
NSW - Labor
Victoria - Labor
South Australia - Labor
Western Australia - Labor
The ACT - Labor
The NT - Labor

Tasmania - Liberal

But it's all the media's fault.

Do you understand how illogical your statement is?
You simply don’t get it. If the LNP copped the media bias everyone else does the LNP primary vote would be less than 5%.

An example not directly related to alp/lnp is that social media is challenging the mainstream media narrative around Israel - Palestine and this has led to protests against Israeli actions despite the opposition to those protests from both major political parties and the mainstream media.
So the mainstream media while influential does not have “control”
Correct. But if the media did report what was currently happening accurately and didn’t simply present what is largely propaganda as news then those protests might be a whole lot bigger.

Absolutely the media does not have control but we are talking about influence. Which thankfully is falling (hopefully).

Why is Dutton making up ground then? His policies? His charisma? His vision for Australia?

Why?

Lack of policies/reforms and unfortunately for him, is now copping the brunt of the cost of living.

You just said yourself, he’s “another muppet”.
Are people suddenly deciding to follow the news, just because Dutton is making up ground? 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back