List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a very immature kid really. He thinks he needs to lead this false instagram life, businessman, entrepreneur etc, but struggles with crippling anxiety that a life out of the spotlight except for his football obviously would be best. Until he builds some life skills and wisdom, and starts putting a solid career behind him, asking for big contracts and changing clubs etc. won’t necessarily be the right thing. Look how it turned out for Dayne Beams and Mitch Clarke among others that weren’t there mentally to take on big responsibility.

I feel Flys approach for him might do him wonders , put some faith in Bailey on what he does best. Football wise and positional wise.

Bevo doesnt seem the best player relations wise coach going around.

Well I just don't see things as negatively as some .. we will replace our veterans with players who can play straight away, whilst introducing our younger players who are being developed.

I don't expect all 9 to retire at the end of 2024.
A side without 4 or 5 of the oldest vets and a few recruits doesn't look too awful.

Quaynor Frampton Moore
Maynard Perryman Young

Daicos Cameron Crisp
Daicos De Goey Smith

McInnes Elliott Schulz
Mihocek McStay Hill

Int:
McCreery Mitchell Lipinski Harrison DeMattia Richards Macrae
Noble Jiath Allan Markov Parker Ryan Dean Eyre Begg Steene

Last edited:

A side without 4 or 5 of the oldest vets and a few recruits doesn't look too awful.

Quaynor Frampton Moore
Maynard Perryman Jones

Daicos Cameron Crisp
Daicos De Goey Smith

McInnes Elliott Schulz
Mihocek McStay Hill

Int:
McCreery Mitchell Lipinski Harrison DeMattia Richards Macrae
Noble Jiath Allan Markov Parker Ryan Dean Eyre Begg Steene
Jones 🤮

He’s more fumbly than Goldsack, he doesn’t look a particularly good athlete and there’s no finesse in his game it’s all straight line.

Jones 🤮

He’s more fumbly than Goldsack, he doesn’t look a particularly good athlete and there’s no finesse in his game it’s all straight line.
But if I'm hearing you correctly he'll win a flag with us like Goldsack yeah?

Ok gives me an excuse to use Lachie Young, evidently the club has a boner for him anyway.

He’s a very immature kid really. He thinks he needs to lead this false instagram life, businessman, entrepreneur etc, but struggles with crippling anxiety that a life out of the spotlight except for his football obviously would be best. Until he builds some life skills and wisdom, and starts putting a solid career behind him, asking for big contracts and changing clubs etc. won’t necessarily be the right thing. Look how it turned out for Dayne Beams and Mitch Clarke among others that weren’t there mentally to take on big responsibility.
Stop woofing please. Inside barks only.

BAZLENKA is hardly in a great environment at the Dogs and their game of Bevo Says. If he has anxiety, an unpredictable coach who is all over the place, isn’t very helpful.

Changing clubs has worked for a number of players. Look what it did for Oleg.

Lobb is an interesting one, from the outside you could have questions on his character, however he kind of fits what we would need and would be an upgrade on Mason Cox who should just be a depth ruckman next year in the final year of his deal with us.

If bringing in Lobb helps lower the cost of the Smith trade, then I would be for it.

His two besties are at Collingwood

If we manage to land him, I doubt behavioural issues will be too much of a problem for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish.
I live in Footscray, a stones throw from the Teddy oval. I have seen Smith out and about with the Daicos boys.

He’s fine.

If he chooses to leave then a deal will be done. If not, he stays a Bulldog.

That’s it.

Excellent work trying to scare us away

Rubbish.
I live in Footscray, a stones throw from the Teddy oval. I have seen Smith out and about with the Daicos boys.

He’s fine.

If he chooses to leave then a deal will be done. If not, he stays a Bulldog.

That’s it.
He’s far from the worst AFL player with behaviour.

We’ve tamed Jordan De Goey. Bailey Smith shouldn’t be that hard. We have psychologists, player welfare, etc for a reason.

If he leaves, it shouldn’t be an issue. Make sure he has a support network and the problems probably don’t arise. He’s worth more if he keeps his nose clean. Literally.

We can rescue Josh Battle

He’s far from the worst AFL player with behaviour.

We’ve tamed Jordan De Goey. Bailey Smith shouldn’t be that hard. We have psychologists, player welfare, etc for a reason.

If he leaves, it shouldn’t be an issue. Make sure he has a support network and the problems probably don’t arise. He’s worth more if he keeps his nose clean. Literally.
What has he done exactly? Caught on video with drugs from a few years ago?

Far out. Talk about an over reaction from some regarding Baz's alleged behaviour.

What has he done exactly? Caught on video with drugs from a few years ago?

Far out. Talk about an over reaction from some regarding Baz's alleged behaviour.
I’m guessing here, but based on his friendship with the Daicos boys, I reckon he would be happy to play for Collingwood.

No doubt though, he still loves the dogs.

He has a decision to make.

The Dogs have no leverage. He’s uncontracted, coming off an ACL and a “down” year in 2023. It’s the Ollie Henry situation all over again. The biggest hurdle will be convincing him across not the deal.

FWIW I’m with nahnah and unplugged and not 100% convinced. I think a new home would get the best out of him and on the surface that best looks good, but I have queries over his impact. He feels like a Treloar type whose impact is more through volume than anything else. I don’t think he’s a Crisp/ JDG/ Pendles type where something happens whenever he has it so I don’t know how he goes in our mix unlike Schultz who was the biggest no brainer recruit we’ve landed since Jolly.
He wants to come to us.

This is where journos get really lazty and we have to take care not to get caught up in thier hype. For a start IU would ban the word warchest, it gives an inflated sense of what we have.

Lat week it was reported Collingwood would be looking at a $4.5M or even $5M warchest going forward as our 9 over 30s departed through the next few seasons. This week its become up to $4M by the end of this year. Nah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back