List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazy is appropriate, dumb another way of describing it.

Just bc one or more players earning a certain whack are retiring and dropping out of the salary cap doesn't mean their $$$ 'savings' aren't already allocated to existing players that are rolling into 'stepped-up' payments on their existing contracts.

This is where journos get really lazty and we have to take care not to get caught up in thier hype. For a start IU would ban the word warchest, it gives an inflated sense of what we have.

Lat week it was reported Collingwood would be looking at a $4.5M or even $5M warchest going forward as our 9 over 30s departed through the next few seasons. This week its become up to $4M by the end of this year. Nah
The other factor is that the original article was about 9 blokes likely to depart in the coming years. With the average salary up to $400,000 - most of the $4.5 mil is done by replacing the departees with 9 average players.

Excellent work trying to scare us away
That bulldog supporter who posted on here recently, think his name was toilet water, inadvertently made a point about what culture smith would bring with him. Casting our eye back to the flag of 2010, the premiership poster had a dude with tatts on it. Current players with tatts include Howe, noble, de goey, crisp, to name a few. McStays father is a tattooist for christs sake. While it is pretty common for footballers to adorn themselves with tatts, it seems to be an integral part of the pies culture. Recruiting smith puts the club at a crossroads. Right now, Ryan and demattia have mullets, smith would be the third. Imv it changes our look from a rough looking bunch, to something more boganish. Is this what we want? If smith wants to come to us, he needs to accept a short haircut and at least a sleeve is required. Otherwise he can stay at the povos.

Didn’t realise Isaac Cumming was a free agent.

I’ve been keen since his draft year and he has silky evasive skills. Could be an absolute steal.

That bulldog supporter who posted on here recently, think his name was toilet water, inadvertently made a point about what culture smith would bring with him. Casting our eye back to the flag of 2010, the premiership poster had a dude with tatts on it. Current players with tatts include Howe, noble, de goey, crisp, to name a few. McStays father is a tattooist for christs sake. While it is pretty common for footballers to adorn themselves with tatts, it seems to be an integral part of the pies culture. Recruiting smith puts the club at a crossroads. Right now, Ryan and demattia have mullets, smith would be the third. Imv it changes our look from a rough looking bunch, to something more boganish. Is this what we want? If smith wants to come to us, he needs to accept a short haircut and at least a sleeve is required. Otherwise he can stay at the povos.
I don't want us to recruit him, but for a different reason. Modern mullets are for prancers rather than bogans. Inspired by the form of Frampton, I'd like us to go all in on bogan. If we do recruit Smith, he'll need a haircut and start opening beers with his teeth.

I’m wary for some reason - unless the reason is…ACL and his relatively poor 2023.

Will he be the same player in 2025?

That's my only question mark also, but there's been tons of players that have come good off ACL injuries.

From recent memory there's Gawn, Libba, Docherty, Ward, the King twins, Sicily, and Burgoyne, just to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is where journos get really lazty and we have to take care not to get caught up in thier hype. For a start IU would ban the word warchest, it gives an inflated sense of what we have.

Lat week it was reported Collingwood would be looking at a $4.5M or even $5M warchest going forward as our 9 over 30s departed through the next few seasons. This week it’s become up to $4M by the end of this year. Nah
If we’re setting aside the number for the moment because they’re all throwing darts I think the key is it’s a genuine war chest. One of the factors in lacking that next wave coming through is no one is due a pay day. We’ve got maybe Hill and possibly McReery as the only two entrenched in the best 23 that could justify a bigger deal next time round.

That means it’s an opportunity to go like for like to a degree which might look like:

Steele>Smith
WHE> Perriman
Howe> Khamis
Mihocek> King
Elliott> Ainsworth

All are speculation of course, but it’s a different warchest to say what Sydney had when they chased Naughton because they’ve since locked away Goulden and Rowbottom with Florent to follow. There’ll of course be Frampton or Markov types along the way that can cover some of those roles as well. Basically I disagree that the term war chest is providing an inflated view of what we have because the money has to go somewhere and it’s currently not internally.

Last edited:
I don't want us to recruit him, but for a different reason. Modern mullets are for prancers rather than bogans. Inspired by the form of Frampton, I'd like us to go all in on bogan. If we do recruit Smith, he'll need a haircut and start opening beers with his teeth.
What if we give him a black, long-sleeve metal band shirt, a pair of drainpipes and some desert boots?

I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

1713482113035.png

That's my only question mark also, but there's been tons of players that have come good off ACL injuries.

From recent memory there's Gawn, Libba, Docherty, Ward, the King twins, Sicily, and Burgoyne, just to name a few.

One ACL doesn’t seem to be the issue it once was. Take Petracca he’s played essentially every game since debuting following his. Multiple still feels dicey, but advancements in rehab and prehab seem to be going a long way in managing that as a limiting factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noticed McCreery has doubled his number of sleeves. Need Crisp to lift his game.

As SR says, modern mullets are far more Bondi than bogan. Will have to address this in the offseason

I've noticed McCreery has doubled his number of sleeves. Need Crisp to lift his game.

As SR says, modern mullets are far more Bondi than bogan. Will have to address this in the offseason
I'd like one of our players to go all in and triple their number of sleeves.

Excellent work trying to scare us away

Sadly I think it’s worked. I can’t see a single Collingwood fan on BigFooty facilitating that trade at end of season, now. We might need Wright to do it instead.

Petracca can play a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back