Premier Lg EPL Matchday 34, 35 & 36 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

It's difficult because if you look at the overall season he's done quite well. Won the trophy last year, three quarter finals in Europe in a row, just sitting outside the European slots for now.. it's just got ugly recently and the football is dour but it works. I'd take that at the moment over our would be 38 points
At the same time, he came out in the media today complaining that we had played 12 more games than Palace, but he only likes having a small squad.

It's time to move on with the times and bring in a manager who wants to play progressive football with some actual pressing and give the younger players a chance.

Of course these things are always unlikely to ever happen, but I looked up the tiebreaker rules should Liverpool and Man City end up equal, given their records are so similar this season.

Say Liverpool had one extra goal scored, and City drew their game in hand 0-0, the current situation would be deciding 2nd and 3rd behind Arsenal by,
  1. Points = equal on 74
  2. Goal difference = equal on +44
  3. Goals scored = equal on 76
  4. Head-to-head points = equal based on 2 draws
  5. Head-to-head away goals scored = based on 2 away goals each
  6. Play-off = just what we need, another game.

Imagine how nuts it would be if Arsenal dropped a game, and Liverpool - City won through to equal records - a playoff to decide the title, Pep v Klopp in an epic winner-take-all final game no one planned for!

Of course these things are always unlikely to ever happen, but I looked up the tiebreaker rules should Liverpool and Man City end up equal, given their records are so similar this season.

Say Liverpool had one extra goal scored, and City drew their game in hand 0-0, the current situation would be deciding 2nd and 3rd behind Arsenal by,
  1. Points = equal on 74
  2. Goal difference = equal on +44
  3. Goals scored = equal on 76
  4. Head-to-head points = equal based on 2 draws
  5. Head-to-head away goals scored = based on 2 away goals each
  6. Play-off = just what we need, another game.

Imagine how nuts it would be if Arsenal dropped a game, and Liverpool - City won through to equal records - a playoff to decide the title, Pep v Klopp in an epic winner-take-all final game no one planned for!
And then 0-0 in the last minute of injury time a ball whipped in by Trent cleared away by Stones only to fall to the one, the only Joe Gomez about 30 yards out. He hits it on the volley and it sails top corner.

Nobody is prepared for Joe Gomez' first goal in football.

And then 0-0 in the last minute of injury time a ball whipped in by Trent cleared away by Stones only to fall to the one, the only Joe Gomez about 30 yards out. He hits it on the volley and it sails top corner of the South Stand

Nobody is prepared for Joe Gomez' first goal in football.

EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Mr Clattenberg

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

SC_Power

(PS Even if you find they knew and screwed your team over anyway, just don't ask for a replay or any compensation. Bad form apparently. :poo: )

Bloody shame I've barely been able to watch Eze and Olise together this season, doubt either will be at Palace next season, incredible talents. Wharton will be spoken in the same way in 2 years time, bargain signing at £20m in January, whilst Mateta is starting to score regularly.

Best 30 minutes I've seen by Palace for a long time going 4-0 up, add Guehi and Doucoure to that team and we are top 10 if not top 8.

Nice to finally be safe, just get the feeling it could've been so much better with more games from Eze, Doucoure, Olise, Guehi etc.

Glasner changed our set up, so far, so good.

Minute 23: Ashley Young kicks Giovanni Reyna's foot as he goes to play the ball. It's a bit like the Anthony Gordon one against West Ham. You could argue the forward initiates the contact by stepping across. Gordon got the penalty, Reyna didn't. It's probably one of those where if the ref had given the pen then VAR wouldn't have overturned it.

Minute 44: Callum Hudson-Odoi's attempted cross hits the outstretched arm of Young. This is a clear penalty. Young's arm is a long way from his body. It's possible that Anthony Taylor was unsighted but VAR should have referred him to the monitor.

1713745739347.png

Minute 55: Hudson-Odoi gets the wrong side of Young is brought down. Apparently Anthony Taylor thought that Young got the ball. The replay showed he was wrong. VAR should have referred him to the monitor and a penalty awarded.

It was incompetent refereeing by Anthony Taylor and particularly incompetent by VAR. Stuart Attwell should be stood down.

They probably could have had a couple pens - but even then there’s no guarantee they would score. There was the ball that was clearly out that Forrest fluffed the shot on just after. They had their chances either way. Swings and roundabouts. We’ve had **** all go our way all season. They can cry all the way to the championship and watch all their millions of pounds worth of players jump ship. The statement post game makes the club look like a basket case, reeks of entitlement and opens them right up to being poked fun at. At least wait until everything cools down a bit and lodge an official complaint properly without the media fanfare.

Bloody shame I've barely been able to watch Eze and Olise together this season, doubt either will be at Palace next season, incredible talents. Wharton will be spoken in the same way in 2 years time, bargain signing at £20m in January, whilst Mateta is starting to score regularly.

Best 30 minutes I've seen by Palace for a long time going 4-0 up, add Guehi and Doucoure to that team and we are top 10 if not top 8.

Nice to finally be safe, just get the feeling it could've been so much better with more games from Eze, Doucoure, Olise, Guehi etc.

Glasner changed our set up, so far, so good.
Wouldnt mind Liverpool signing them both, only issue is their fitness. Both quality players.

Palace seem to be lining up in the 3-4-2-1 system.
The very same system that Leverkusen use. I have noticed that Rohl at SWFC is also using it to good effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back