Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Still finding weird dodgy predictable patterns in this game - it always seems harder to bat when you lose a couple of wickets, and when your number 4 or 5 is in it feels like the AI can get them out whenever they please. Scoring runs with the middle order is always much harder than with the tail. Dont know how many times Ive looked down at the score and its 4/58, then end up recovering to something around 150+ with 8, 9 and 10 suddenly finding super human ability to smack boundaries at will. I reckon over the course of playing this game my average with number 4 and 5 batsman is half that of 8 and 9.

Same goes for the AI, they are always staging recoveries with their tail while their middle order capitulates.

Feels a bit too much like some AFL games gone by where there was a momentum or rubber band factor where if you got to far out in front the game suddenly gets harder and vice versa. Feels like someone else is playing your game and it sucks.

Last edited:

There's no momentum or catch up built into the game. It's harder to bat when you lose wickets as the batsmen that come in, do so with lower confidence than the one's that were just in.

In some instances the AI will have a need to build up to the expected run rate for the format of the game they're playing and can therefore make runs at a faster rate through sheer luck of finding the gaps.

Confidence/banding same/same.
Not really, because confidence doesn't make you better. You still need to time it right, hit the right shots, choose the right foot placement. Confidence just allows you to hit the gaps a bit better, hit the ball a bit further and opens the timing window up a bit more.

It's effectively 'getting your eye in'.

Unfortunetely the AI middle order doesnt understand this and try go berserk from the moment they come in. Its not until the tail that they bat like sensible batsman at 3/4 runs per over. Wish it was the other way around.

And it definitely seems easier batting with a number 9 fresh at the crease than a number 5. Ive made three times as many runs with Behrendorff than I have with Adam Voges.

Dont forget these are all user created sides so maybe thay made them like that. Voges in mine is hit and miss where North has scored a cpl of tripple centuries.

Dont forget these are all user created sides so maybe thay made them like that.

Possible. I didn't update the teams when I got the game and haven't really noticed any outrageous differences between the tail and the middle order. The only reason our tail has been making larger scores than others is because I'm making runs batting at 8.

Just scored my first ton! 103 from 51 in a T20. Huge relief and a big thankyou to the Hobart Hurricanes for bowling a lot of spin and leaving my favourite areas open :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Knew I shouldn't have gone the wicketkeeper route, my Cane Train could've done with my leggies (I actually go to Stars games more than anything, but I got a Hurricanes polo shirt and damn it I will go down with that ship).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont forget these are all user created sides so maybe thay made them like that. Voges in mine is hit and miss where North has scored a cpl of tripple centuries.

I thought so but I checked the stats on a few things. Shaun Marsh is skilled highly but cant make a run (at least that's realistic) where as Cameron Bancroft has no stats and is consistently making half decent scores.

Maybe its something to do with batsman mentality (eg: conservative v opportunistic v precise etc)

The only pattern i've found is that shield players who play or have played for Australia in one form of the game or another seem to do very well with the bat, even if they are lower order bats. Faulkner, Coulter-Nile, Hughes etc.

It's still pretty realistic over a season though. It's not unrealistic to have the players you're batting with lose their wickets.

Im not finding the run-out bug or super human fielders to be huge issues TBH. I might get one dodgy thing happen every 5-6 games, but I hardly ever get ran out, and if i do its my own fault for trying to take a run thats not on. I just make sure Im on the back button as soon as I hit the ball. I find the speed of running between the wickets and the fielders pretty much spot on. In every other game its been too slow. At least they dive and tap the ball back rather than just watching the ball roll past them.

Biggest things that need fixing for me are:
- Bowling fatigue and speeds dropping way to quick and never recovering.
- Horrible, horrible AI field settings. 5 men behind square, really?
- Ive seen better bats in a cave when it comes to the AI
- Dodgy rubber banding patterns
- Batting mechanism doesnt give you enough time to select footwork back and forwards and play a ball on merit. Its mostly premeditated.
- Too much button mashing to play a defensive shot. Really this should be easier than playing a normal or attacking stroke.

Im not finding the run-out bug or super human fielders to be huge issues TBH. I might get one dodgy thing happen every 5-6 games, but I hardly ever get ran out, and if i do its my own fault for trying to take a run thats not on. I just make sure Im on the back button as soon as I hit the ball. I find the speed of running between the wickets and the fielders pretty much spot on. In every other game its been too slow. At least they dive and tap the ball back rather than just watching the ball roll past them.

Agree. I'd argue that most people having issues with this are just learning the running mechanic. After a while you should only be getting runout when you make a poor decision.

Also change your running camera to broadcast.

- Batting mechanism doesnt give you enough time to select footwork back and forwards and play a ball on merit. Its mostly premeditated.
- Too much button mashing to play a defensive shot. Really this should be easier than playing a normal or attacking stroke.

This stuff gets easier with time. Early on in an innings i'll play mainly on the front foot and leave a lot of short balls, but that's not really a problem, because I play very similarly on Saturdays. As your confidence (both in game and holding the controller) grows, your reactions to short balls will improve.

^ short balls I find easiest to score of cos you cant get bowled or LBW off them, and you can get them away square and behind point on the offside, unlike any other type of delivery in the game really. Would be good to see in future editions the ability open the bat face and glide one down to thirdman.

I just cant ever see being able to not premeditate footwork, especially off fast bowling. If the ball slowed up as your confidence grew for example that would be good.

The block should be a really simple shot to play. At the moment you need 3 inputs to play the shot (left stick, right stick, right trigger), as opposed to two with a normal shot. I reckon is should just be a one input thing.

I've had 2 free hits in career mode, one 6 and one dot :D

Miqar, you will get better at being able to pick up the length and rocking back. It just takes a shitload of practice

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The block should be a really simple shot to play. At the moment you need 3 inputs to play the shot (left stick, right stick, right trigger), as opposed to two with a normal shot. I reckon is should just be a one input thing.

even something like left stick for foot movement and click in the right stick to block.

Totally agree with this. The block should be stock standard. Should not be harder to play (input wise) than a regular shot and the same as an aggressive shot.

Am I the only one that finds the ball hangs in the air far too long? Fielders seem to be able to run from the infield to the rope and still have time to camp under the ball and take a catch.

It's infuriating.

I find it quite realistic - you get some skiers that hang in the air for ages, but then you get sixes that barely get 20 metres off the ground - mostly from advanced shots.

Something I do find weird is when facing someone like Brett Lee bowling at 150km/h and playing a square cut behind point or a ramp shot the ball just slowly bobbles and stops before the rope. Physics is a bit off sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back