Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a high draft pick and showing glimpses of brilliance isnt enough for that kind of money. You'd at least want a player who has strung a good, full season together.

Sydney pay 300k + each for both Kennedy and McGlynn which was overs at the time, look how that played out..... sometimes its overs that gets the job done. Id be happy to give Mitchell 400k, 2 yr deal, re-evaluate after that and adjust accordingly.

Just so no one claims Mitchell is languishing away in the reserves for the next couple of weeks:

Young midfielder Tom Mitchell will also be unavailable for selection this week after failing to pull up from a knee injury suffered a fortnight ago.
Cameron said Mitchell, who suffered a heavy knock during a training session, would require another week on the sidelines.
“Tom landed heavily on his knee two weeks ago and he’s still not able to run comfortably,” he said.
“We think he’s going to be at least another week.”

Being a high draft pick and showing glimpses of brilliance isnt enough for that kind of money. You'd at least want a player who has strung a good, full season together.
Disageee. Mitchell has a bankable game (and he's had one good season) and there's any number of players less talented paid around that mark or more. Someone can enlighten me as to the average these days but it must be north of 250k.

I had no idea Mitchell was on $500k, this all of a sudden throws a spanner in the works and with Sydney desperate to release some salary cap pressure after tying up such a large percentage of it with Buddy and Tippett, if Tom says he wants to come to Carlton a 2nd round pick might just be enough.

Not that it will happen this off season, but I wonder how close Trigg is to Dangerfield???
Could he be the man that brings Danger to us as a free agent next year. I hope so!

I had no idea Mitchell was on $500k, this all of a sudden throws a spanner in the works and with Sydney desperate to release some salary cap pressure after tying up such a large percentage of it with Buddy and Tippett, if Tom says he wants to come to Carlton a 2nd round pick might just be enough.

How did it become 500k so quick?! But seriously there would be other midfielders who we would sooner let go ie ROK, Lloyd, Biggs and other players such as Marsh, lockyer, Walsh et al.

It's a shame Sydney won't have their first pick as swapping pick 7ish for pick 19ish + Tom Mitchell could have just about got the deal done, IMO that definitely a deal in our favor.

What a meaningless thread, Ben Griffiths lol omg if he comes won't be renewing my membership. If Blues match $400k for Tom Mitchell def won't be renewing, talented kid but wasting $$$ on guys like Daisy who not consistently good performers

What a meaningless thread, Ben Griffiths lol omg if he comes won't be renewing my membership. If Blues match $400k for Tom Mitchell def won't be renewing, talented kid but wasting $$$ on guys like Daisy who not consistently good performers
Hope you have your microwave plugged in and ready to go in November.

Nearly as good as your idea for Judd to take over as senior coach.

I'd rather have Judd as a coach than Ben Griffiths or Tom Mitchell for $400k a season... His contracted til end of 2016 anyway so Swans will play hard ball anyways will demand something big for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame Sydney won't have their first pick as swapping pick 7ish for pick 19ish + Tom Mitchell could have just about got the deal done, IMO that definitely a deal in our favor.
Don't agree, we need to keep our first round.
Desperate for KPFs for years..
There is a handful to consider this year, as good as Mitchell will be, I'd hate for us to trade it out for a midfielder.

You should make another new thread and find out

My threads have zero credibility like the ones on the Carlton page sad to say and those who post it

I have AFL membership anyway so no need microwave it i Spose, just go to games that are actually good like Hawks v Swans which I'll be attending

Ha ha ha, you are dreaming.

It's pick 7ish for Tom flat out, if a club is not willing to part with that then no deal he stays and comes straight into our midfield as soon as he gets his body right.

It's pick 7ish for Tom flat out, if a club is not willing to part with that then no deal he stays and comes straight into our midfield as soon as he gets his body right.
I agree, His contracted til end of 2016, talented player I think he will get back into senior squad, Blues will need to give up something special for Mitchell.

I don't want to part with our 1st round pick as need a key forward as Waite is approaching his twilight. Need a top forward with pick #1 and doubt Swans will take 2nd round pick for him

What would Swans want for Tommy Mitchell?

Alfredo just agreed with you. Any last words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back