Geale vs Golovkin - is this in the pipeline?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Not sure where to now for Daniel Geale?

Winning the IBF and WBA titles prove he's a world class fighter. But his recent loss to Darren Barker was a set-back, though Geale did push Barker all the way.

According to Geale's promoter Gary Shaw is ready and willing to sign a contract to fight undefeated WBA and IBO champion Gennady Golovkin.

http://www.boxingscene.com/geale-ready-sign-contract-golovkin-fight--72727

According to ESPN's Dan Rafael >

"I believe Golovkin's two main options for April (assuming he wins his Feb fight) are Kirkland and Geale".

Geale should stay away from Golovkin if he knows what's good for him.

Geale should stay away from Golovkin if he knows what's good for him.

Golovkin is a wrecking machine. But Geale is a champion. As he has proven by winning multiple world titles.

It's Geale's call as to whether he pursues Golovkin - and full credit to him if he does - but as someone who follows the sport fairly closely I'd favour Golovkin to beat him.

Rumour doing the rounds at present is Daniel Geale will fight Gennady Golovkin, possibly April 26th in New York.

[quote"Furn2, post: 31328458, member: 135993"]Geale should stay away from Golovkin if he knows what's good for him.[/quote]

Geale is a fighter and wants to pit himself against the best so why should he stay away from GGG? Boxing aint the schoolyard

[quote"Furn2, post: 31328458, member: 135993"]Geale should stay away from Golovkin if he knows what's good for him.

Geale is a fighter and wants to pit himself against the best so why should he stay away from GGG? Boxing aint the schoolyard[/quote]

Geale genuinely wants to fight the best out there, and given the opportunities he will. Pity more fighters aren't of the same mindset. Too many others are in it to collect plastic, meaningless belts and to make a quick, easy buck.

I like to see aussies do well in all combat sports but i see GGG clean KOing Geale, Golovkin is something special, resepct to Geale for going after the big fights, not just the big bucks.

I like to see aussies do well in all combat sports but i see GGG clean KOing Geale, Golovkin is something special, resepct to Geale for going after the big fights, not just the big bucks.

GGG will KO most. But if everyone ducks him, where does that leave him, and boxing as a sport?

There are far too many fighters out there collecting plastic belts in the name of making a quick, easy buck. Credit where it's due to guys like Geale who still see boxing as a sport and are willing to take on the best to prove they are the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Geale's fight with Matthew Macklin has fallen through as a result of one of the heavweights from the main event on the card pulling out due to injury.

Geale's management are now in negotiations for a replacement fight. Golovkin's fight also fell through. Could this be the perfect storm that will bring together Geale and Golovkin in a world title fight??

Daniel Geale's fight with Matthew Macklin has fallen through as a result of one of the heavweights from the main event on the card pulling out due to injury.

Geale's management are now in negotiations for a replacement fight. Golovkin's fight also fell through. Could this be the perfect storm that will bring together Geale and Golovkin in a world title fight??

I'm a bit scared for Geale in this one to be honest, but taking a fight like this will show how much more worthy he is of respect than someone like Mundine that's for sure.

I'm a bit scared for Geale in this one to be honest, but taking a fight like this will show how much more worthy he is of respect than someone like Mundine that's for sure.

Agree on both counts. Full credit for him and his team for trying to get a fight made with Golovkin for July. Reports are that it is very close to a done deal.

News today is Jarrod Fletcher has been named as Gennady Golovkin's mandatory defence :eek:

What this means for a proposed Geale vs Golovkin fight in July I haven't managed to work out yet??

Ugh. Best of luck to Jarrod but it's very hard to get excited about that one. Should be easy work for Golovkin if it goes ahead.

Ugh. Best of luck to Jarrod but it's very hard to get excited about that one. Should be easy work for Golovkin if it goes ahead.

The tip is July 19th at Madison Square Garden.

Not sure how this will effect Geale's aspirations?

Daniel Geale will fight Gennady Golovkin at Madison Square Garden on July 26th for the WBA super title and the IBO regular title. Huge fight for Daniel.

Meanwhile, Jarrod Fletcher will fight Jacobs for the regular WBA title.

With Soliman already a reigning middleweight champion, Australia is in the rare position of having the opportunity to have 3 world middleweight titlists simultaneously.

Daniel Geale will fight Gennady Golovkin at Madison Square Garden on July 26th for the WBA super title and the IBO regular title. Huge fight for Daniel.

Meanwhile, Jarrod Fletcher will fight Jacobs for the regular WBA title.

With Soliman already a reigning middleweight champion, Australia is in the rare position of having the opportunity to have 3 world middleweight titlists simultaneously.

Really excited for Geale. He gets a shot at one of the best in the business in one of the greatest venues.

Really excited for Geale. He gets a shot at one of the best in the business in one of the greatest venues.

This is one with the lot as you said. The opponent, the venue, the title.

Just need the most difficult part now. The win.

This has the makings of some kind of fight. The undefeated KO king on the 16 KOs in a row streak. Against the guy who brings a bit more to the table than any of his previous opponents.

WAR Gealey!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back