Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing people here seem to keep forgetting - just like the Judd trade, if the player says "I want X club", the nominated team holds all the cards. We paid unders for the best player in the competition and it involved a future star full-forward (Kennedy) and picks 3 and 20.

Tom Boyd is almost a certainty to be an elite full forward but is a second year player next year. I can't see how pick 6 and Walker, a former number 2 pick who was talked about as being an all-Australian in '11 and '12 is outlandish when you compare it to the Judd deal.

Change Walker to Kreuzer and I think it's an even better deal for the GWS, costs us slightly more but again is still fair.

Would MUCH rather Walker than MK gets trade

Yarran + 6 for Boyd is probably an even deal if we all took off our love for Yarran goggles.

It would certainly be paying top dollar. But we have been craving a big key forward gun for a long time. Boyd and Levi would be fantastic and hendo is as good as any chb.

That being said we'd be doing everything we could to use walker instead of yaz in the deal.

Runs on the board beat potential (I know, Boyd could be huge.) Having done all the hard work with Yazz to get him where he is now, to lose him as 23 y/o with 100 games to his name is a huge risk. We already have a former #1 with a dodgey knee/foot. Throwing in our 1st round pick just compounds that.
Realistically Garlett or Robbo plus the 1st round pick is fair. Not overs for us, not unders for them.

Yarran is but we'd only be interested in Gumbleton.... Looks like we'll have to deal with Freo now.. :oops:
Hard to imagine anyone being interested in Gumby, I think. Pains me to say it because, as everyone knows, his injury problems have been non-stop and there were few more heart warming moments in the last few year as an Essendon supporter as when he was finally able to get back on the park for us after being absent for so long. I honestly would be delighted if he did go on to have an even serviceable career, at Freo or even Carlton.

But, I just think the bloke is destined to be injured as long as he plays. Or at least, never far away from another one. Hope like hell I'm wrong, but it's been eight years now and still his luck hasn't turned.

But, I just think the bloke is destined to be injured as long as he plays. Or at least, never far away from another one. Hope like hell I'm wrong, but it's been eight years now and still his luck hasn't turned.

There are some things one just has to come to terms with:

A player without peripheral vision can't have it coached into them.
A player without a tank won't become an elite runner.
A player that can't kick straight for goal will always have issues.

Gumbleton is destined to always have an injury cloud over him..............unfortunately.

Hard to imagine anyone being interested in Gumby, I think. Pains me to say it because, as everyone knows, his injury problems have been non-stop and there were few more heart warming moments in the last few year as an Essendon supporter as when he was finally able to get back on the park for us after being absent for so long. I honestly would be delighted if he did go on to have an even serviceable career, at Freo or even Carlton.

Back when Gumby was drafted, there was a lot of interest in him from us blues supporters on BF. However, when it started to become apparent that he was made from glass we rapidly lost interest.

That's the thing people here seem to keep forgetting - just like the Judd trade, if the player says "I want X club", the nominated team holds all the cards. We paid unders for the best player in the competition and it involved a future star full-forward (Kennedy) and picks 3 and 20.

Tom Boyd is almost a certainty to be an elite full forward but is a second year player next year. I can't see how pick 6 and Walker, a former number 2 pick who was talked about as being an all-Australian in '11 and '12 is outlandish when you compare it to the Judd deal.

Change Walker to Kreuzer and I think it's an even better deal for the GWS, costs us slightly more but again is still fair.

Judd 2008 - 25 y/o, 134 games, Brownlow, Premiership Captain, Dual All Australian, Norm Smith Medal, 2 B & F, AFLPA MVP
Boyd 2015 - 19 y/o, 10? games, 10? goals.

Picks 3 and 20 - Masten and Notte.
Pick 46 - Armfield.
If we use the Judd trade as a guide, reckon pick 6 + Walker is overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I was just referring to Matthew Lloyds ridiculous comments last year when he suggested a direct swap of Yarran and Gumbleton would be a fair trade and would benefit both clubs... Still cracks me up..

Judd 2008 - 25 y/o, 134 games, Brownlow, Premiership Captain, Dual All Australian, Norm Smith Medal, 2 B & F, AFLPA MVP
Boyd 2015 - 19 y/o, 10? games, 10? goals.

Picks 3 and 20 - Masten and Notte.
Pick 46 - Armfield.
If we use the Judd trade as a guide, reckon pick 6 + Walker is overs.
I don't think we can afford to give away KRUEZER but Tom Boyd is an animal he would do wonders for us

First pick + Walker + something for Boyd & Jaksch.

What would everyone want that something to be?
Second rd if Jaksch nominates us?
OUT: first pick + Walker
IN: Boyd
OUT: second pick + Warnock
IN: Jaksch + end of first round

Not sure if this is too much in our favour, but you get the gist of what I would like us to achieve

Cant see them wanting Warnock.

can't think of anyone else that we could send that may be of similar value for Jaksch. The other would be Cas, but I think he is too important to us as our 3rd tall/ruck. Garlet wouldn't go, Lucas wouldn't either or be enough ATM... might just have to be the second pick by itself.

Jaksch will be like Doc last year if we get him to nominate us.

He's out of contract. He was pick 12, Doc was pick 11. We got Doc for pick 33.

Daylight robbery ??

REALITY please people !!
Yeah probably right, I'm trying to think how we can keep some pick(s) for a highly rated midfielder. We will have to find other ways, I mentioned earlier maybe sending Lucas and Garlet west together for a second rounder?? Thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back