Universal Love Kepler Bradley - There's only one...

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Mora the 26. Only needs one name and he can carry the ball in one hand.

And farewell Keps. My most recent memory of him was seeing him and Mayney kicking a ball around down my local park in January. Saw him later at the beach and he was swimming in his West Perth shorts. A very distinctive man. Could play a bit on his day!

Remember that game in the last year or two where he missed like 4 or 5 set shots in a row, then got one through and we all cheered for him and he gave us a wave?
Hope he knows it wasn't a malevolent bronxy. s**t was a celebration.

At least this should give him some time to put into his standup comedy career.

It's already funny just thinking about it.

Has anything ever felt so right?

We need to draft the zaniest muvva furker out there.
When it's draft time and we're poring over the vids trying to pick out our next key talls we're *in doin this.

#26 is like the One Ring - it'll find its way to the right candidate.

iu
iu

iu

So, so sad. We all new that a combination of his injury last year and the recruitment of Gumby, plus the likes of Apey, Tabs and Hannath continuing to develop meant he would be under real pressure to keep his spot on the list. That doesn't make the news any easier to take.

One of my five wishes for the season was to see Kep sign on for one last year, and play a couple of games for us (the other 4 being Fyfe staying with us, Mundy staying with us, Pav playing 300 (and us win and me get to see it), and Mora play one more AFL game). Given how great his form was last year, I hoped seeing Kep staying would be one of the easiest to achieve. Sadly it is the only one that won't come true - and for some reason that really, really upsets me.

With Fyfe suspended and Barlow injured and then this it has been a shite week. I actually had a quiet cry at work when the alert came up on the news.

But then I realise how very glad I am that Big Kep:
  • came to play for us for seven years. I reckon he was a huge part of helping us transition out of the dark era when the likes of Josh Head, Andrew Browne and Luke Webster were able to collectively stay on our list for a combined twenty-three years, for a mere 61 games between them. For me, Keps' 68 games had way more impact than I think many ever expected when we recruited him - he is a shining example of the benefits of a second chance, if you work hard.
  • always played with such heart and desire regardless of the situation, no matter how much we were losing by, and never got down when he stuffed up. He was one of the few players who tried his guts out in our 1 goal game against Adelaide in 2009. Given how badly Sheedy and Essendon f#ed him over this happy attitude is truly remarkable, I do hope the team keeps him on for player development roles in the future. One tough hombre

• was always respectful, decent and polite, while still being funny as, uniquely insightful and very smart. Won't be a Rhodes Scholar, but such a witty bloke without ever being sarcastic, demeaning or headline grabbing.
  • never forgot the fans. He always gave up his time for us, no matter how whacky, drunk or odd the requests were. A nice guy even under extreme provocation. Even when he was booed he kept his good humour...

Thanks for all the videos people, keep them coming, if nothing else they help remind us what a special privilege Kep's tenure has been. He is so loved by so many Freo fans, despite never even being close to winning a Coleman, a Doig, a Brownlow or even a single round of best on ground voting.

One of the great Freo icons, like Clive, Spider, Winnie, Chis, Dhurks, Dale and Cooky - all characters that will go down for a long time as part of the culture of our club before we were regularly winning and "popular".

Most of all, I am so happy he got to go out on his terms rather than trying to eke out another year with GWS or the Dogs.

Congratulations Keps, and good luck with West Perth. I will miss you.

Remember that game in the last year or two where he missed like 4 or 5 set shots in a row, then got one through and we all cheered for him and he gave us a wave?
Hope he knows it wasn't a malevolent bronxy. s**t was a celebration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bunch of the time he played better with an injury. There weren't many games where he wasn't hobbling from some thing or other.

I'm gutted.

I knew this may be the way it was going at seasons end, it's just I was in denial about losing a cult figure/hero.

Love his goals, humour, slipping over and doing the number 26 proud.

I'm going to be taking my Kepler Bradley banner up to Brisbane and sing the chant all game!
"There's only Kepler Bradley"
I was his year 9 ----- teacher.
he told me he was named after Kepler Wessels.
he was a huge Swans fan & a naughty but not nasty kid. Described him as a puppy dog
was small & skinny in year 9
next time I saw him he was a year 12 "giant"
next time we caught up was at Freo family day
after prompting (only a bit) he remembered me
told me that training against Sandi helped him.
he looked goofy as a player, but if we really look at it, our club is growing

We do need a groundskeeper for our new facility in Cockburn.

Someone quirky, dedicated to the long lost stories of the club's past (isolated) glories, and able to skilfully deliver a witty comeback or an inspring group hug, depending on the situation.

All while DJing the least cool or trendy yet most funky and appropriate songs on his Ipod from the tractor - and combining air guitar with goal umpiring during practice sessions.

Keps the next goal umpire of the year, you heard it here first...

So, so sad. We all new that a combination of his injury last year and the recruitment of Gumby, plus the likes of Apey, Tabs and Hannath continuing to develop meant he would be under real pressure to keep his spot on the list. That doesn't make the news any easier to take.

One of my five wishes for the season was to see Kep sign on for one last year, and play a couple of games for us (the other 4 being Fyfe staying with us, Mundy staying with us, Pav playing 300 (and us win and me get to see it), and Mora play one more AFL game). Given how great his form was last year, I hoped seeing Kep staying would be one of the easiest to achieve. Sadly it is the only one that won't come true - and for some reason that really, really upsets me.

With Fyfe suspended and Barlow injured and then this it has been a shite week. I actually had a quiet cry at work when the alert came up on the news.

But then I realise how very glad I am that Big Kep:
  • came to play for us for seven years. I reckon he was a huge part of helping us transition out of the dark era when the likes of Josh Head, Andrew Browne and Luke Webster were able to collectively stay on our list for a combined twenty-three years, for a mere 61 games between them. For me, Keps' 68 games had way more impact than I think many ever expected when we recruited him - he is a shining example of the benefits of a second chance, if you work hard.
  • always played with such heart and desire regardless of the situation, no matter how much we were losing by, and never got down when he stuffed up. He was one of the few players who tried his guts out in our 1 goal game against Adelaide in 2009. Given how badly Sheedy and Essendon f#ed him over this happy attitude is truly remarkable, I do hope the team keeps him on for player development roles in the future. One tough hombre

• was always respectful, decent and polite, while still being funny as, uniquely insightful and very smart. Won't be a Rhodes Scholar, but such a witty bloke without ever being sarcastic, demeaning or headline grabbing.
  • never forgot the fans. He always gave up his time for us, no matter how whacky, drunk or odd the requests were. A nice guy even under extreme provocation. Even when he was booed he kept his good humour...

Thanks for all the videos people, keep them coming, if nothing else they help remind us what a special privilege Kep's tenure has been. He is so loved by so many Freo fans, despite never even being close to winning a Coleman, a Doig, a Brownlow or even a single round of best on ground voting.

One of the great Freo icons, like Clive, Spider, Winnie, Chis, Dhurks, Dale and Cooky - all characters that will go down for a long time as part of the culture of our club before we were regularly winning and "popular".

Most of all, I am so happy he got to go out on his terms rather than trying to eke out another year with GWS or the Dogs.

Congratulations Keps, and good luck with West Perth. I will miss you.

Thanks mate now you made me start to tear up.I remember that game in the first vid and that dog took out Mcpharlin in the first minute

Remove this Banner Ad

Back