Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

great win you blokes especially after crossing the nullabor on a 6 day break, magnificent comeback from, what was it 30 points.

Anyway brilliant to beat the ump assisted cats, I don't know how they get away with it, it isn't a random observation either.

**** the umps that was an epic fightback and I applaud your tenacity. it's so good to see a team of men win over a team of ducking stagers. Let's hope we meet in the GF again, looking forward to it :thumbsu:
Err....thanks.....I think.....

Cegs took some beaut marks in the 3rd-4th quarter. So proud of so many players standing up in the 2nd half.

Just need to make sure the boys don't repeat the first half. That was garbage.

Weird game. Horrific first half, dominating second. Weird.

Langford was best on ground tonight but wouldn't expect the umps to give him the 3 brownlow votes. Anyone reckon Lewis is a chance to scoop them? He topped Hawthorn's DT points (25D 1G 108pts) . Duncan was a game high with (37D 1G 116pts).

I actually thought Lewis was worth 3. Particularly his work in the first half in Defence.

I don't know how something can make me feel utterly despondent and then magnificently jubilant in the space of 70-odd minutes. Thank you, HFC!

Highlight of the night - the lovely old lady who sits in front of me at home games turning around after the song played out the first time and saying 'that was totes amazeballs!'. It sure was!

That and the fact he has to wake up for each review.

Fair dinkum you can hear say, 'What, the which, ahhh!!! review under way'.

Puts his teeth back in, glasses on, makes something up and goes back to sleep.

His name is Ronald and is one of the few surviving diggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah, Langford by name, Langford by nature. Future gun, didn't he step up to the plate tonight.

Boy doesn't know what a backward step is, and those guns just quietly. The homo in Dermie is squirming :D

edit: since when has a traditional Scottish dish been on the swear filter. f**. ot

Last edited:
Not to be an alarmist but Jack looked well down in the dumps after the song was sung:-/ Please be ok Gunstall we need that knee of urs to stay in shape..

I saw that as well but I think it was maybe just because he didn't have a great individual game? I'm a massive Gunston fan and don't mean to say he isn't a great team man, but (unlike, say Will Langford) he seems quite self-focused and tends to be happy if he plays well individually and a bit down if he doesn't.

I'm sure that I saw him come back on (after he went off following the knee jar) and he seemed to be moving fine.

Is Suckling ankle or knee? Fingers crossed for good news..

EFA

2s82vy0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back