Witts go clunkity clunk

Remove this Banner Ad

How good were those clunks, damn Wittsy, that was elite

When your ruckman grabs that long kick out of defense that's a free run to goals.

Every club in the league would love to have both Witts and Grundy as their up and coming ruck stocks.
Even Gault showed he is more than capable of being a back up ruckman/3rd tall forward.
All we need now is to pick up a big body like Hale, to give them a hand during the year.
Hale has been a revelation since he went to the Hawks.
What's Will Minsons contract situation like??

Last edited:

It's been great to watch his development from a baby giraffe that was whaling around in the VFL to the player he is now.

His development in the last 3 seasons has been stunning really, if he keeps improving at this rate he will truly be an elite ruckman.

Grundy and Witts, carrying this club forward.:)

Witts is streets ahead of Sandilands in contested marking at similar ages, it took Sandi 5 seasons and almost 100 games to average a contested mark a game. Wittsy almost did it in his first full season.

I remember one part of the game, Witts took a huge mark on the back flank, then kicked it along the boundary and Grundy almost took a huge mark(had almost every bit of it). They worked in tandem so well together.

Witts alone is the sole reason im disappointed we got rid of the NSW program.

I cannot wait to see our team finally have a pair of out and out gun ruckmen tearing the comp apart. The fact they look like they'll peak at a similar time is also an incredible gift as a supporter.
As Chief pointed out above, watching these two in years to come, in full flight, will be an absolute thing of beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club in the league would love to have both Witts and Grundy as their up and coming ruck stocks.
Even Gault showed he is more than capable of being a back up ruckman/3rd tall forward.
All we need now is to pick up a big body like Hale, to give them a hand during the year.
Hale has been a revelation since he went to the Hawks.
What's Will Minsons contract situation like??

Agree that we need to look at another tall to help out 2 the young boys. However, it's interesting that Hales lack of early season form was the reason Ceglar got a game. Grabbed the opportunity with both hands and looks like Big Boy Mcevoy will miss out.

Witts's kicking skills are also pretty good.

Very true. Doesn't look at all that way due to his enormous frame and the sheer mechanics involved in him kicking the ball but by and large he seems to weight his kicks quite well, can put it where he wants it and can roost it pretty far to boot.
I love the fact that he goes about it without giving away a thing re how his mental state might be. A player with a poker face/disposition with his ability to inflict pain would really get to the opposition IMO. They could try to get him riled up but his face would likely not change one iota nor the way he goes about it. That controlled aggression will be worth more and more as he grows physically. He comes across as a clean player but the opposition would hate that as his tackles look like really painful, bone crunching killers. He's a freak, no doubt, and will be worth every minute of development we have to put into him although he is coming along much faster than I thought he'd do.
His use by hand is good too and I know I harp on ad nauseam regarding this but as he grows in physical stature he's only going to get better and better and better in every facet of his game.
The second we get a chance we need to sign him up, long term, on overs initially if need be just so we have him covered past the point where free agency might have other clubs throwing insane amounts at him. Sydney were willing to trade their first rounder for him a few years back iirc so the offers will come. We either have him locked in and happy to play for us or locked in with the ability to make any club pay up big at the trade table if he does want to move.
Ridiculous ability below the knees at 209cm, good user of the ball, consistent in terms of effort output and looking to develop into a killer contested grab on top of all that... We can't let this one get away, we won't see another for a very long time, if ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back