Finals schedule week one

Remove this Banner Ad

Great matchups!!!

Every game will be a ripper! I will go to NMFC Vs Essendon, reserve the others for TV.

Seriously mate, what do want them to do? Play the north Essendon match in Brisbane? FFS!
It was a question? About how the teams finished up and the outcomes it generated?

They can never tear us apart!*

*unless they make us play on Sunday
Very good.
At least we will still turn up and #backourboys on Sunday, which Melbourne clubs have been conspicuously doing less of this year, your mob included.

Very good.
At least we will still turn up and #backourboys on Sunday, which Melbourne clubs have been conspicuously doing less of this year, your mob included.
And where were your utterly loyal fans during the tarp years?

Short memories from fans of a club that almost died because they wouldn't go to games. No bigger example of bandwagoners than Port Adelaide fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see you're still new here, everything that happens in footy is a conspiracy against north.
Welcome to bigfooty, the only place where you will hear people empathically argue that pickin was staging when boomer judeo flipped then punched and choked the s**t out of him. (oh yes you read that right, before the camera switches to the side on shot you can see boomers left arm swinging)

The poster was responding to PORT posters who are complaining about being shafted; who raised the fixture as a conspiracy against North except you?

Oh well, I guess Port needs to accept that they have to finish top maybe 6 or 7 years in a row, or relocate to Melbourne, before they get some level of good timeslots from the AFL.
Maybe some common sense was needed. Ie Port finish 5th, and if they win (I say IF, Tiger fans, don't get upset, you'll make for one hell of a game!) then we get to travel to either Syd or Perth on a 6 day break, after just having come back from Perth. Whereas both North and Essendon got to play in Melbourne this week, play in Melbourne next week, and the winner plays against Hawthorn/Geelong in Melbourne the week after.
So sure, give Port the rough end of the stick. I shouldn't expect anything less. And if we lose to the tigers, then it won't matter. So that's the important thing I guess.
[/rant]
lol
so where do you want North v Essendon to be played?
And then where do you want the loser of Hawks/Cats to play against winner North/Bombers?

How are those games being in Melbourne giving you the rough end of the stick?
This is the finals system, they didn't just make it up last night. If you want 2 home finals guaranteed then finish higher on the ladder.

Last edited:
Hawthorn and Geelong was always going to be Friday night. MCG, primetime and all. They werent going to give Sydney a 6 day break for finishing top and Freo a 6 day break incl travel.
Thus the calls for North and Essendon to play Sunday afternoon is just plain selfish. So the winner backs it up 5 day later? Flogs.
Port fans should be happy they get an 8 day break coming back from Freo.
Absolutely no common sense whatsoever and poor form. Alas Im wrapped you are annoyed with the timeslot given. Deal with it.

That is irrelevant.
Possibly yes

Still as swept under the carpet I think

But anyways the finals fixture maximises tv audiences also

If you have 3 games on Saturday then it's a hell day wiped out. Wives don't let husbands watch 3 games in one day

Whereas 4 games spread over 3 days you have chance of getting a bigger tv audience ....it's a no brainer

I see you're still new here, everything that happens in footy is a conspiracy against north.
Welcome to bigfooty, the only place where you will hear people empathically argue that pickin was staging when boomer judeo flipped then punched and choked the s**t out of him. (oh yes you read that right, before the camera switches to the side on shot you can see boomers left arm swinging)

To be fair to you, it is hard to read correctly while changing tampons.

:drunk:

What, like 4 weeks ago?

There were about 30 different scenarios when the fixture came out, stop ******* whinging for the sake of ******* whinging. The AFL has actually done well here.

no it hasn't. it could've made the West Coast and Adelaide matches mean something by playing them at same time or at least overlapping them with Richmond.

perhaps they should've looked to that league that they normally pilfer all their ideas from....
http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules
  • Week 17 (final week) start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.

it aint a whinge for the sake of whinge. today's games now mean squat. poorly organised.

What day did 5th v 8th play last year?
And the year before?
And the year before that?
And the year before that?

Port are actually doing alright this season. Q1 is normally scheduled on Friday night, but this year it's on Saturday so there won't be the larger two day discrepancy for recovery.

no it hasn't. it could've made the West Coast and Adelaide matches mean something by playing them at same time or at least overlapping them with Richmond.

I think ideally all the games would be 2pm Saturday, but then people (and the TV stations) would complain they have nothing to watch at Sat night. The AFL find a comfortable compromise where the Round 23 fixture is only set 4-6 weeks out.

And as people have said, most people would guess Sydney was going to win yesterday. So if they set it only one week out like you suggested, they probably still would have picked the same fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back