News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-29/sliding-doors-round-23

IF this club is going to publicly release information it had chosen to keep quiet only when we ask about it...

THEN we wonder what else it is keeping quiet on. We may not make the phone call on this other story we've been told, might just go with it.

Even by AFL media standards Barret is an idiot, but what is he referring to here? I'd guess the first is about Milera and could the other news be about the rumors we have heard about sponsors?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ing-trade-period/story-fni5ezm8-1227042407476

Wow! David King not only failed on the Tom Lee trade, but also failed on the Hickey trade.... When the * will one of these ex-footballers/pretend journos actually get this right?

Almost every bloke we got in those 2 trades, ie: Lee, Hickey, White, Wright, Saunders (except TDL) has shown equal or more talent & ability than either of Jaksch (pick 12) and Lonergan (pick 13)

While Lee has been disappointing, he's been injured a hell of a lot & Hickey looked awesome at the start of the year until he got injured too. To say that the trade puts us '5 steps back' after 2 seasons shows what a complete ******* he is... :mad:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ing-trade-period/story-fni5ezm8-1227042407476

Wow! David King not only failed on the Tom Lee trade, but also failed on the Hickey trade.... When the **** will one of these ex-footballers/pretend journos actually get this right?

Almost every bloke we got in those 2 trades, ie: Lee, Hickey, White, Wright, Saunders (except TDL) has shown equal or more talent & ability than either of Jaksch (pick 12) and Lonergan (pick 13)

While Lee has been disappointing, he's been injured a hell of a lot & Hickey looked awesome at the start of the year until he got injured too. To say that the trade puts us '5 steps back' after 2 seasons shows what a complete ******* he is... :mad:
I've used my weeks worth of viewing for the hun, and I wont pay for that drivel.

Wow! David King not only failed on the Tom Lee trade, but also failed on the Hickey trade.... When the **** will one of these ex-footballers/pretend journos actually get this right?

The idea for the article is actually a decent one, 'snakes and ladders' is a better concept than 'premiership clock'. Problem is they proceeded to give the idea to an idiot who not only doesn't understand trades but is as deluded as Carlton about where that club is at. St Kilda at least recognises we need a rebuild, Carltank's frittering away money on Mick and Dale Thomas.

If you have firefox just open the Hun in a private window to get around all that crap.

Or just view it via couriermail website, or google the title of article and you'll get round it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Bruce just posted this on twitter

928357_375854829230335_987351643_n.jpg

" Strapped on a new set of pins. #shins "

I think we forget sometimes how much these guys go through to play at this level, Roo is the perfect example of that, how many surgeries do you reckon he has had?

Hope Brucey pulls up well from the surgery.

Josh Bruce just posted this on twitter

928357_375854829230335_987351643_n.jpg

" Strapped on a new set of pins. #shins "

I think we forget sometimes how much these guys go through to play at this level, Roo is the perfect example of that, how many surgeries do you reckon he has had?

Hope Brucey pulls up well from the surgery.

Looks as if he has had both legs lengthened :)

The idea for the article is actually a decent one, 'snakes and ladders' is a better concept than 'premiership clock'. Problem is they proceeded to give the idea to an idiot who not only doesn't understand trades but is as deluded as Carlton about where that club is at. St Kilda at least recognises we need a rebuild, Carltank's frittering away money on Mick and Dale Thomas.

Agree. He makes some valid points... the least of is how teams like the scum are in no man's land by finishing mid table. Have said many times that our recruiting window is wide open right now, so yeah we better get it right.

As far as Lee is concerned... Look, regardless of injuries or form, if a player doesn't get on the park then it's a fail... it didn't work out. doesn't matter who's fault it was.

Agree. He makes some valid points... the least of is how teams like the scum are in no man's land by finishing mid table. Have said many times that our recruiting window is wide open right now, so yeah we better get it right.

As far as Lee is concerned... Look, regardless of injuries or form, if a player doesn't get on the park then it's a fail... it didn't work out. doesn't matter who's fault it was.

So the Pies flopped with Scharenberg and Freeman then.

Tom Lee reminds me of an old E-Type Jag...

When its running it purrs like a kitten, but sadly they spend more time in the workshop than on the road.
Immediately reminded me of The Big Steal - classic Aussie movie.

protectedimage.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back