Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to this: Gav was my all-time favourite player. I was fortunate enough to be at his testimonial. Kevin Sheedy was one of the guest speakers that night, and I remember him talking about the fact that Gavin was taken at pick 12 in the draft. Sheeds says to the audience, "It makes you wonder: who were the other 11????"
Darren Smith #11.

Looking forward to this: Gav was my all-time favourite player. I was fortunate enough to be at his testimonial. Kevin Sheedy was one of the guest speakers that night, and I remember him talking about the fact that Gavin was taken at pick 12 in the draft. Sheeds says to the audience, "It makes you wonder: who were the other 11????"

The draft may as well have been a chook raffle back in those days. Often players were picked solely on the word of an ex-player living in the prospect's area and no-one had to actively nominate back in those days, so guys had their names called out purely on the off chance they may change their mind even after actively telling clubs they weren't interested (Martin Leslie, Chris McDermott, Andrew Jarman, et al).

In Gav's case, Essendon called out a 16 year old's name at the tail-end of 1989 before he'd even played an SANFL game. This gave them his rights for 3 years. So after Gav's stellar 1990 when he won the SANFL ROTY and a premiership medallion, under AFL jurisdiction he was technically the property of the Bombers when the Crows came calling.

And over the border he went.

Anthony Banik was #1 in that year. Peter Matera was about the most illustrious of that year and he was #4. Gilbert McAdam #17, Roger Delaney #23, Shaun Hart #33, Rohan Smith #36 (the follicularly-challenged Port player, not the Bulldog), Brett Chalmers #103.

Tyson Edwards about to be on AA.

Leith 'I barrack for Carlton' Forrest continues to bang on about the crows.

Tyson Edwards about to be on AA.

Leith 'I barrack for Carlton' Forrest continues to bang on about the crows.
I missed the first part of the show, i'm guessing they didn't talk much about our game?

Heard a bit of Carr's interview on MMM, sounds like the group are disappointed but are going to be up for the fight next week.

I missed the first part of the show, i'm guessing they didn't talk much about our game?

Heard a bit of Carr's interview on MMM, sounds like the group are disappointed but are going to be up for the fight next week.

Only just turned it on and caught Tyson. He sounds much like you've described Carr.

Disappointed to lose but knowing that our best can match it with anyone. And knowing that if they had done a few little things better the result could have been different. Coulda woulda shoulda I know but we know our best is good enough. Just keep bringing it.

Poor AA have had to redo the station promo for having SAndo in the studio Monday. No more mention of a final. You can hear cRowie grinding his teeth. :D

To Stephen Rowe, Adelaide's season was like...

disappointed-holiday-underwear.jpg

For a Carlton fan he sure does like to talk about the crows a lot.

Last week he was high on the prospect of a showdown final and he liked his crows chances.

But he goes for Carlton apparently?

That's what he claims. Even today when he spoke to Patrick Keane about the finals ticketing he congratulated the AFL on a great final round then quickly added 'Unless you're a crows supporter' (which Patrick probably is mind you). It's like Forrest has to be an apologist for them at every turn.

That's what he claims. Even today when he spoke to Patrick Keane about the finals ticketing he congratulated the AFL on a great final round then quickly added 'Unless you're a crows supporter' (which Patrick probably is mind you). It's like Forrest has to be an apologist for them at every turn.

Heard a caller today say to Forrest "you say your a Carlton supporter, but for a Carlton supporter you sure do like to talk up the Crows"...

Forrest said "turn it up" and you could hear Rucci in the background agree with the caller with a "hmmmmm"..:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I thought the same thing, haven't heard him with a tone that disappointed for a while.
Maybe somebody should ring Rowey tomorrow, and talk about the AFL's proposal for a top 10, and then add, "If it had been in place this year, the Crows would have made the finals :)

Jarryd Lyons and Jared Petrenko in their 'Patrick Dangerfield in Q4 of a close game' costumes.

Dangerfield went to Mad Monday in a suit, the smug campaigner.

Petrenko is still on an AFL list? Learn something new everyday...

I guess the two guys pictured are needed in a trade for Jeremy Cameron....

"I'm gonna go to Adelaide Oval and barrack my lungs out like never before. Go Power. Smash 'em!"
- KG on Channel 7. Even Studley is backing us. Reluctantly.

975295-0efcc6d0-13dc-11e4-ae81-95568c4ed36e.jpg

Rucci has stated what everyone knows and that those in Victoria(even though they know it is true) are still trying to deny, that the AFL is simply an extended VFL. After they nearly went bankrupt and just survived on charging licence fees to clubs from other states and relocating two clubs to other states, decisions are made to help the clubs from Victoria. He points out, probably correctly, that to defy the AFL by wearing Bib and pay any fine would be counter-productive as the AFL do not like to be shown to be the biased idiots they are and would give us terrible fixtures, no Friday nights, whatever they could do with the draw.

Some deluded Richmond fan has decided we don't have a case as theirs is the "traditional" strip and the one worthy of respect. Their tradition is one where they haven't won a GF since 1982 and have been out of the finals for the major part of the last 20 years.

Last edited:
"I'm gonna go to Adelaide Oval and barrack my lungs out like never before. Go Power. Smash 'em!"
- KG on Channel 7. Even Studley is backing us. Reluctantly.

975295-0efcc6d0-13dc-11e4-ae81-95568c4ed36e.jpg

Oh please don't let this campaigner anywhere near our club and if he wants to go make him buy a ticket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back