Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there's anyway Brayshaw will slide that far, given the consensus seems to be he's the 2nd best mid after Petrecca and how many of the clubs with picks before us are crying out for a midfielder. He won't get past both Melbourne and GWS.

Same with Wright, albeit about a tall like that.

Don't think there's anyway Brayshaw will slide that far, given the consensus seems to be he's the 2nd best mid after Petrecca and how many of the clubs with picks before us are crying out for a midfielder. He won't get past both Melbourne and GWS.

Only Way if we trade up into 1 of the Melbourne Picks at 2 or 3

Yeah I get that Dawesome, but figured given the hypothetical of somebody above us nabbing Moore, one had slight chance of sneaking through.

So realistically for me it's Laverde.

Matthew Rendel did and he had the pick before us, mids are different to KPP as it is a lot easier to find good mids.
Lol - if you actually are trying to use that as an argument.... And "mids are easier to find that KPP" is also a huge copout. Missing out on Beams is just as big a mistake as missing out on the best player in the draft if that was a KPP. Every recruiter makes mistakes. Saying one would be sacked for not taking the right 50/50 once call is completely non-sensical.

Unfortunately Drafting Players is full of mine fields and even the so-called experts pick duds. Having a look at the Drafts since 2001, can bloggers tell me whether they were happy with the picks in the top 10 or whether they would have preferred some of the notable players outside of top 10.

2001: 4. Polak; 5. X.Clarke; 6. A.Sampi; 7. Hale; 9. Molan; 10. Sam Power.
In the same draft was: 13. Dal Santo; 17. James Kelly; 24. Steve Johnson; 37. L. Montagna; 58. D.Swan; 71. Brian Lake

2002. 4. Tim Walsh; 6. S.Salopek; 8. L.Brennan; 9. J.Laycock.
In the same draft was: 45. Kade Simpson; 55. Ryan Crowley; 64. Nick Malceski

2003. 2. A.Walker; 3. C.Sylvia; 4. F.Ray; 5. B.McLean; 7. K.Tenance; 8. R.Clarke; 9. D.Trotter; 10. R.Dunn.
In the same draft was: 19. D.Mundy and 33. Jed Adcock

2004. 4. R.Tambling; 6. T.Williams; 8. J.Meesen; 9. J.Russell; 10. C.Egan. In the same draft was: 24. N. Van Berlo

2005: 6. B.Dowler; 8. J.Oakley-Nicholls; 10. M.Drum.
In the same draft was: 43. A.Swallow; 56. J.Patfull

2006: 2. S.Gumbleton; 3. L.Hansen; 6. M.Thorp; 9. D.Armitage.
In the same draft was: 13. J.Riewoldt; 32. K.Tippett; 37. T.Goldstein and 71. J.Westhoff

2007: 3. C.Masten; 4. C.Morton; 6. D.Myers; 8. L.Henderson.
In the same draft was: 11. P.Dangerfield; 12. C.Rioli; 17. H.Taylor and 75. Taylor Walker

2008: 1. J.Watts; 5. M.Hurley; 8. T. Vickery.
In the same draft was: 11. Sidebottom; 29. D.Beams; 30. D.Hanneberry and 44. R.Sloane

2009: 1. T.Scully; 2. J.Trengove; 4. A.Morabito; 6. G.Rohan; 7. B.Sheppard; 8. J.Butcher; 9. A.Moore.
In the same draft was 20. N.Fyfe; 29. J.Gunston; 38. S.Reid and 70. M.Suckling

2010: 3: S.Day; 6. R.Conca; 7. J.Caddy
In the same draft was: 40. L.Parker; 85. J.Garlett and 87. M.Barlow

2011: 7. N.Haynes; 8. B.Longer. In the same draft was:
33. Bradley Hill; 67. J.Witts; 70. L.Dahlhaus and 77. L.Bruest

The last two drafts are still too early to tell other than Jimmy Toumpas at No. 4 in 2012, who is expected to be traded or de-listed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol - if you actually are trying to use that as an argument.... And "mids are easier to find that KPP" is also a huge copout. Missing out on Beams is just as big a mistake as missing out on the best player in the draft if that was a KPP. Every recruiter makes mistakes. Saying one would be sacked for not taking the right 50/50 once call is completely non-sensical.
I was taking the piss. But mids are a lot easier to come by then key forwards even the worst sides have a top line mid but a lot don't have a top key forward. Not drafting Beams for all those clubs was a big blue don't get me wrong

I was taking the piss. But mids are a lot easier to come by then key forwards even the worst sides have a top line mid but a lot don't have a top key forward. Not drafting Beams for all those clubs was a big blue don't get me wrong
Conversely, a team needs more mids, so you would expect that there is more chance of a dud dud team having 1 in 5 good mids, rather than 1 in 2 key forwards. I would also much rather have a dominant midfield than forward line. ALso, the whole point is that having a list manager sacked over 1 recruiting decision is just completely irrational.

Conversely, a team needs more mids, so you would expect that there is more chance of a dud dud team having 1 in 5 good mids, rather than 1 in 2 key forwards. I would also much rather have a dominant midfield than forward line. ALso, the whole point is that having a list manager sacked over 1 recruiting decision is just completely irrational.
If he passes on Moore and Moore dominates at a club like the Blues the amount of pressure he will come under will be enormous. There are also a lot more good mids, well just because there are a lot more people their size. I do think a good midfield is the most important part of a side as it can cover up weaknesses in both the forward and back line. But my main reason why it is worse to miss on a tall is because some drafts only have one good tall you need to grab your opportunity when it is there

To be honest just hope the lad plays an absolute cracking TAC Cup Grand Final, worked hard all year coming back from injury, would be great to top it off.
Hopefully this bloke gives him a call to give some advice on how to play an awesome TAC Grand Final!

steele-sidebottom.png

TAC+Cup+Grand+Final+Murray+Bushrangers+v+Dandenong+uD5_3N0ZZpql.jpg

We will take him first round. Lock it in Eddie. We are just trying to play hard ball, the other clubs will not allow it.
That may be the case but any club that bids for Moore better be prepared to take him at that pick because I don't believe Hine will use a pick that he doesn't believe is warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back