Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay I have attempted to complete the most complicated trade deal in history which IMO is the fairest a deal can be done. Few key points:

- Beams wants to go, Pick 4 and Sam Mayes come to us with Pick 45 joining the Lions
- Patfull wants to go to a Sydney club, a first rounder IMO is sufficient, so Pick 20 will join the Lions
- Liam Sumner & Mark Whiley have been linked with Collingwood. Jarryd Blair is our only uncontracted senior player at our club and they want senior players. We send along Pick 64 as a sweetener.
- Lumumba wants out so Pick 22 is appropriate compensation
- St Kilda have been linked with Jacksch and O'Rourke for their Pick 1. I've chucked in Pick 40 from the Giants to make this deal complete.

Overall
Brisbane
IN: Beams, Pick 20, Pick 45
OUT: Patfull, Pick 4, Mayes

Collingwood
IN: Pick 22, Pick 4, Mayes, Sumner, Whiley
OUT: Beams, Lumumba, Pick 45, Blair, Pick 64

GWS Giants
IN: Patfull, Pick 1, Blair, Pick 64
OUT: Jacksh, O'Rourke, Whiley, Sumner, Pick 20, Pick 40

Melbourne
IN: Lumumba
OUT: Pick 22

St Kilda
IN: Jaksch, O'Rourke, Pick 40
OUT: Pick 1

Now tear me to shreds :confused:
By the time all teams have coordinated this 'mega trade'.

Trade week will be well and truly over.

;)

Okay I have attempted to complete the most complicated trade deal in history which IMO is the fairest a deal can be done. Few key points:

- Beams wants to go, Pick 4 and Sam Mayes come to us with Pick 45 joining the Lions
- Patfull wants to go to a Sydney club, a first rounder IMO is sufficient, so Pick 20 will join the Lions
- Liam Sumner & Mark Whiley have been linked with Collingwood. Jarryd Blair is our only uncontracted senior player at our club and they want senior players. We send along Pick 64 as a sweetener.
- St Kilda have been linked with Jacksch and O'Rourke for their Pick 1. I've chucked in Pick 40 (EDIT: Pick 23 decided after Twitter conversation) from the Giants to make this deal complete.

Overall
Brisbane

Collingwood

GWS Giants
OUT: Jacksh, O'Rourke, Whiley, Sumner, Pick 20, Pick 23

Melbourne

St Kilda
IN: Jaksch, O'Rourke, Pick 23

Blair is contracted. Otherwise, this all looks pretty simple and should sail through. :)

Never actually states he has signed on for another 2, just says he is set too.

Does anyone have a link of Whiley being linked to us? Its a positive if he has.

Mainly remember because it was at the peak of the "how the * does Blair retain his spot week in week out, and why can't Martin get a game" rage that was going on here and made a few people throw up their hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mainly remember because it was at the peak of the "how the **** does Blair retain his spot week in week out, and why can't Martin get a game" rage that was going on here and made a few people throw up their hands.
Id be surprised if Martin got games next year on a regular basis still

Never actually states he has signed on for another 2, just says he is set too.

Does anyone have a link of Whiley being linked to us? Its a positive if he has.

Believe it did happen, just couldn't find a link that confirmed it with my quick google. Apart from anything else, if he was uncontrolled, there would be some commentary right now about him. Every other regular 22 player not contracted is being discussed as a potential trade at the moment.

I'm thinking it goes something like this. Dangerfield to Collingwood, Beams to Brisbane, Patful to Sydney, Malceski to the Gold Coast, Gorringe to Port, O'Shea to St.Kilda, Gwilt to GWS, Jaksch to Carlton, Waite to North, Jacobs to Essendon, Ryder to Fremantle, Griffen to Melbourne, Frawley to Hawthorn, Sewell to Geelong, Varcoe to the Bulldogs, Jones to Richmond.

Adelaide and West Coast get no one. Done deal.

With Beams leaving and Clark rejecting us, I'm still excited with the Pies future. Tank hard (develop youth) this season and we should get another top 5 pick.

2014 off-season:
* 2014 pick 4 (5 if Dees get compo)
* 2014 pick 8 (9" ") = Darcy Moore
* 2nd or early 3rd rounder for 'H'
* Our 2nd rnd pick

2015 off-season:
* Big savings in the salary cap with 'H' and Beams and Swan retiring
* Excess cash to throw at a quality FA2015
* Pick 5 (if we finish lower than last season)

2016 side:

FB Williams Frost Langdon
HB Scharenberg Reid ?
C Freeman Adams Kennedy
HF DMoore ? Sidebottom
FF Elliott Cloke Broomhead

Foll Witts Pendels FA2015
Int Grundy, Marsh, Pick4-2014, Pick 5-2015

That just leaves us with a CHF and a HB-Flanker to fill. This side will challenge in 2017
Gee you have retired off a few current best 22 in quick time. We are already exposed for experience. Goldsack, Swan, Toovey, Brown, Fasolo, Blair and Caff. Think you are being premature with dumping this lot.

IDK where this belongs really, but I thought this was an interesting quote from Mick regarding Frawley's compensation (for a couple of reasons):

"Why should I be penalised a spot in the draft because Frawley leaves and goes to Geelong or Hawthorn and Melbourne reaps the penalties of another draft pick?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-30/waite-defection-staggering

The part in bold is fairly telling, don't you think?

- Liam Sumner & Mark Whiley have been linked with Collingwood. Jarryd Blair is our only uncontracted senior player at our club (EDIT: He is not uncontracted, but neither is Beams or Lumumba ;)) and they want senior players. We send along Pick 64 as a sweetener.
- St Kilda have been linked with Jacksch and O'Rourke for their Pick 1. I've chucked in Pick 40 (EDIT: Pick 23 decided after Twitter conversation) from the Giants to make this deal complete.

Overall
Brisbane

Collingwood

GWS Giants

Melbourne

St Kilda

s**t yeah, those trades happen like that every year, right?

- Liam Sumner & Mark Whiley have been linked with Collingwood. Jarryd Blair is our only uncontracted senior player at our club (EDIT: He is not uncontracted, but neither is Beams or Lumumba ;)) and they want senior players. We send along Pick 64 as a sweetener.

Overall
Brisbane

Collingwood

GWS Giants

Melbourne

St Kilda

Not a chance we are giving a 2nd round pick for for a 28 year old who's career is slowing down

IDK where this belongs really, but I thought this was an interesting quote from Mick regarding Frawley's compensation (for a couple of reasons):

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-30/waite-defection-staggering

The part in bold is fairly telling, don't you think?

Thought that how article showed Mick in Old Man Shouting at Cloud mode. A lot of "me" and "I".

He also assumed that Waite had made his mind up before him coming over to Mick's house. It's also possible that Waite maybe wanted to hear what Mick had to say before making a decision - and didn't like what he heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back