Workshop 2015 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

I just feel your, or at least our, clubs badge should be there on the "breast" of the jumper.. that old tradition has never been let go by our club so I see no reason to change that. I think the way it fits snugly into the "double V" design means it doesn't appear cluttered at all to be honest. I guess it just suits some clubs and their make up better than others.

I just feel your, or at least our, clubs badge should be there on the "breast" of the jumper.. that old tradition has never been let go by our club so I see no reason to change that. I think the way it fits snugly into the "double V" design means it doesn't appear cluttered at all to be honest. I guess it just suits some clubs and their make up better than others.

I don't reckon it's cluttered, just not symmetrical. I know that doesn't really matter but it would look more "balanced" if you just had the AFL logo, and your sponsors logo. Much Collingwood did in 2011 when they got rid of their logo off their guernsey's. North need to do the same. We all know what team wears what jumper, we don't need a logo of the club on there.

It was let go from 1997-2010! At least at AFL level

ah yes true. the "SBS jumper" era almost feels like a different lifetime already.

I recall that when we wore the "back in black" jumper and our fans obviously petitioned for it to become our new jumper, we were requesting that the emblem move from the belly to the breast, rather then removing it. It seemed to be a common desire for us.

interestingly the badge didn't feature on our premiership ten year anniversary jumper. I can see how that jumper is cleaner without it. Though it features on a mock up:

hero_2004_6202_620X370.jpg

262941-e574f9f0-bfc5-11e3-b362-fbc371d40a1d.jpg

ah yes true. the "SBS jumper" era almost feels like a different lifetime already.

I recall that when we wore the "back in black" jumper and our fans obviously petitioned for it to become our new jumper, we were requesting that the emblem move from the belly to the breast, rather then removing it. It seemed to be a common desire for us.

interestingly the badge didn't feature on our premiership ten year anniversary jumper. I can see how that jumper is cleaner without it. Though it features on a mock up:

hero_2004_6202_620X370.jpg

262941-e574f9f0-bfc5-11e3-b362-fbc371d40a1d.jpg

I still really like the SBS jumper. Probably because it's a bit more unique then the BiB. But in saying that, the away jumpers during that era were atrocious. Where as the BiB looks good in black or white.

Apparently Richmond are only playing West Coast once in 2015 and in Melbourne. Is this the AFL's solution to the clash ? Just let it go for another year :D
They would alternate every season, I thought. Last season the game was in Melbourne, this season Perth, then back to Melbourne again. I think it's done with most interstates games for all clubs (from all states).

They would alternate every season, I thought. Last season the game was in Melbourne, this season Perth, then back to Melbourne again. I think it's done with most interstates games for all clubs (from all states).
It was in Perth last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, but the original looked heaps better than the ISC one, I reckon it was the Nike thick collar and cuffs, compared to the thin ISC ones.
The premiership one was the best incarnation of the SBS jumper; however it is easily inferior to the BiB and by far the Magpies jumper if we are talking pre-AFL Port.

Some year's they'd play twice...not both in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back