The Official 2014 Non-Playoffs/Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Bennet putting up #1 pick type numbers in the pre season. If we erase last year he looks destined to be a reliable 20 & 10 big guy.

Agree he looks better, but let's not go nuts.

There's probably only four or five guys in the whole league that are reliable 20/10 guys.

Agree he looks better, but let's not go nuts.

There's probably only four or five guys in the whole league that are reliable 20/10 guys.
And one of those has only just started to get those 10 boards (LMA)

Good to see Bennet putting up #1 pick type numbers in the pre season. If we erase last year he looks destined to be a reliable 20 & 10 big guy.

20 hamburgers and 10 fries?

Just looked up last year's stats, five guys did it - Love, Aldridge, Jefferson, Boogie, and AD.

Could probably add Dwight and Griffin to that group as 'close enough', but that's about it. Obviously Duncan, Z-Bo etc did it consistently in their primes.
Sullinger and Olynyk will both put up 20-10 when Ainge gives the directive to stop tanking.

randle will be a 19-10 guy eventually. i really do wonder how he gets boards with them short arms

How did Barkley do it? Everything about the NBA culture suggests if you try a bit hard at something you will be trying harder than most of the other guys.

Sullinger and Olynyk will both put up 20-10 when Ainge gives the directive to stop tanking.

Well, I guess if Pervis Ellison and Michael Adams could do it...

* Disclaimer - I actually think it's quite plausible that Sully could do it

Just looked up last year's stats, five guys did it - Love, Aldridge, Jefferson, Boogie, and AD.

Could probably add Dwight and Griffin to that group as 'close enough', but that's about it. Obviously Duncan, Z-Bo etc did it consistently in their primes.
The Vuc will get there one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NBA as well as the likes of ESPN and Comcast will hate this but it would be fantastic to see Minnesota and Utah battling it out for Western Conference supremacy in a few years' time.

I think the Wolves could conceivably pull out a Phoenix 2013/14 and finish just out of the playoffs (which would ironically likely see them lose their pick to the Suns).

Despite Bill and Jalen's thoughts to the contrary, I reckon the Wolves have enough veteran pieces to steady the ship.

Barea and Turiaf are technically Champions, Mo's been to the Finals, Martin and Thaddeus have at least made the second round. Pekovic may not have that experience, but he is a bruiser that won't allow powerful teams to beat up on the kids. I'd suggest Budinger will be dangled from now until the deadline.

And the sheer strength in numbers of young talent should help them win games against shallow opposition. Dieng, Wiggins, Bennett, Rubio, LaVine and even Shabazz are all 24 or under and have enough untapped potential to make even the most stoic GM swoon.

Keep an eye on Nurkic... Though 10/20 might be more realistic for him haha

The NBA as well as the likes of ESPN and Comcast will hate this but it would be fantastic to see Minnesota and Utah battling it out for Western Conference supremacy in a few years' time.

I think the Wolves could conceivably pull out a Phoenix 2013/14 and finish just out of the playoffs (which would ironically likely see them lose their pick to the Suns).

Despite Bill and Jalen's thoughts to the contrary, I reckon the Wolves have enough veteran pieces to steady the ship.

Barea and Turiaf are technically Champions, Mo's been to the Finals, Martin and Thaddeus have at least made the second round. Pekovic may not have that experience, but he is a bruiser that won't allow powerful teams to beat up on the kids. I'd suggest Budinger will be dangled from now until the deadline.

And the sheer strength in numbers of young talent should help them win games against shallow opposition. Dieng, Wiggins, Bennett, Rubio, LaVine and even Shabazz are all 24 or under and have enough untapped potential to make even the most stoic GM swoon.

yeah…. but that Flip Saunders though :S

Keep an eye on Nurkic... Though 10/20 might be more realistic for him haha
Nurkic has been awesome in pre season. I thought he would be the player who struggles to get minutes while Harris would slot straight in, but it looks to be the other way around.

Nurkic has been awesome in pre season. I thought he would be the player who struggles to get minutes while Harris would slot straight in, but it looks to be the other way around.

Yeah that's what most thought too. Nurkic seemed more of a long term prospect but he's showing that he's ready to go against some quality bigs too. Shaw has stated publically he will play Nurkic before McGee (though JaVale is obviously coming off a pretty serious injury and is kind of limited).

Harris' D has been good but he has struggled with the pace and his shot to this point. Don't think he'll be getting much burn in the regular season.

Nurkic vs Drummond would be fun to see next week, can't get much better competition than that.

Yeah that's what most thought too. Nurkic seemed more of a long term prospect but he's showing that he's ready to go against some quality bigs too. Shaw has stated publically he will play Nurkic before McGee (though JaVale is obviously coming off a pretty serious injury and is kind of limited).

Harris' D has been good but he has struggled with the pace and his shot to this point. Don't think he'll be getting much burn in the regular season.

Nurkic vs Drummond would be fun to see next week, can't get much better competition than that.
Yeah should be a good battle. At the moment its 50/50 if KCP will be ready to go for the game, and with Meeks already out our wing rotation is looking like Carteir Martin/Singler/Butler/Smith. That is just ugly

* Disclaimer - I actually think it's quite plausible that Sully could do it
supernatural-jensen-ackles-dean-winchester-confused-gif.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back