Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My preferred selections:
2 - Angus Brayshaw (gun mid)
3 - Peter Wright (gun tall forward/back up ruck)
40 - Oscar McDonald (key position backman, shot up the rankings late in the year and Tom's little bro)
42 - Billy Stretch (locked in as a F/S selection)
53 - Jordy Cunico (outside mid who can kick goals)

Just watched the highlight package of Brayshaw & McCartin, very impressed with both.
More than happy if they both get selected with pick 2 & 3.
Fingers crossed that Petracca going #1 and McCartin sliding to #3 turns out to be a blessing in disguise for us! Like 2004 when Deledio went #1 and Roughead/Buddy went #2 and #5.

Also it's obviously being said everywhere but hopefully we've been on the phone to Ben Newton about getting him in the PSD. Played really well against us as the sub (AO game) I thought, and looked likely enough in his other games. Could be a Miles-like revelation. Could also be useless (more likely). Good to get another big mid in though, and he's a handy kick. Good mark, can hunt the ball. Injury prone though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell isn't it.

From all reports, he moves and has a presence like a genuine key forward - and he's proved his metal at every level he's played at.
Lead up forward who kicks goals.

How good should his highlight package really be?

Lead up forward who kicks goals.

How good should his highlight package really be?

I agree with what you're saying but they showed a lot of missed goals in the clip I saw and repeated his marks over and over

He looks ok but his clip just underwhelmed me

Remember when Scully had 39 disposals, in the wet? That was crazy. It's like the equivalent of Dawes kicking 10 goals in game.

Some of them even hit a target.

Really hope Brayden Maynard lasts to our pick 40, really fits Paul Roos Style footy.

Bonus he is a Dees supporter and his dad played 8 games for us in the early 80's but way more important his style of footy is exactly what we need, I doubt he'll be still available at pick 40 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back