2014/15 Capital One Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Its only Kompany and Kun away from being around full strength to me(a couple of names could chop and change without weakening), and Demi and Jovetic aren't chumps.

Strong for a CC game IMO.

Hart? And Silva was injured pretty early on wasn't he?

But fair enough, like I said above, definitely still a strong side, but City were resting players so potentially weren't going hell for leather.

But fair enough, like I said above, definitely still a strong side, but City were resting players so potentially weren't going hell for leather.
The difference between Hart and Willy would be minor IMO, Silva goes off and Nasri goes on, he's no Silva but still a decent player.

More mental application than anything.

The difference between Hart and Willy would be minor IMO, Silva goes off and Nasri goes on, he's no Silva but still a decent player.

More mental application than anything.

Chin up Kizza!, 6 wins in 14 games isn't too bad if that's considered a run of 'poor form'. You're still third in the league too!

In 2014, we're up to 10 wins in 2014 from 32 games :D

Perspective bud ;)

im not mad, im just disappointed.

Absolute quality video of the Geordie fans chanting "Don’t take me home, please don’t take me home, I just don’t wanna go to work. "I wanna stay here and drink all ya beer, please don’t, please don't take me home." on facebook. The away fans on Sunday were also quality NUFC Tiger

Its only Kompany and Kun away from being around full strength to me(a couple of names could chop and change without weakening), and Demi and Jovetic aren't chumps.

Strong for a CC game IMO.
And Hart but it was a pretty strong squad. Surprised at that result.

Pleased with the draw. Hopefully we can knock off Bournemouth and earn a trip to Wembley. Always fun. :)

im not mad, im just disappointed.

That's understandable, the injury to Silva too is just salt to the wounds I guess.

FWIW, I fully expect you to drub us 3 or 4-0 when we visit next time in the league. This is probably the high point of our season. :cool:

Absolute quality video of the Geordie fans chanting "Don’t take me home, please don’t take me home, I just don’t wanna go to work. "I wanna stay here and drink all ya beer, please don’t, please don't take me home." on facebook. The away fans on Sunday were also quality NUFC Tiger

Saw a great vid of it this morning. Helped rouse me from my sleep.

This is a shorter version of it I believe. Toon army in fine voice following one of our best wins in recent years.

All hail Pardiola, the greatest manager in the Prem. Seriously though, great win by Newcastle.

Master tactician :p

10671229_952138671467565_8118305133258595772_n.jpg

Pards is one of the all time great troll managers.

Well played Sir!

I'm still scratching my head with Pardew. Sometimes makes the most baffling substitutions/lineups/formations and sometimes is able to pull things out of the hat like this. Troll Manager indeed. :D

10421154_753663684705336_40586845338128743_n.jpg

1653753_753899084681796_9040727124807908046_n.jpg

NUFC Tiger is it just me or does Rolando Aarons have a bit of the Raheem Sterling arms thing happening when he runs? Great finish btw.

Actually thought that he could be our very own Sterling the first time I saw him play in preseason. They do seem to have a similar running style though as you point out ADL. Maybe it could be a Jamaica thing? :D

He's only played the 4 games so far (should have been more if not for injury) but has contributed 2 goals and an assist. Pretty handy for an 18 year old plucked from the reserves.

Maybe we'll see both of them tearing it up this weekend :)

ADL9798. Just on Sterling and Aarons, just came across this article. Seems the UK media are starting to make comparisons between the two.

Aarons could play a starring role against Liverpool tomorrow at St James’s Park, when he would come up against Raheem Sterling, a player some observers have compared him to.

Both players are rapid teenage widemen who were born in Kingston, Jamaica, before going on to represent England.

However, Aarons is uncomfortable with the comparisons, and insists he has a lot of work to do before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as Sterling.

He added: “Raheem Sterling has played really well for the last two or three seasons and I’m nowhere near that level yet.

“I’m not Raheem Sterling – and Raheem Sterling is not me. I don’t want people to compare us, although he’s obviously a player that I admire.

“I’m nothing like him and I’ve got a long way to go before I can even consider myself to be anywhere like that.

“He’s played for England at the World Cup, and I’ve only played three or four games for Newcastle United.

“I don’t think there’s any reason to get carried away – I’m just focusing on playing football.”
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...liverpool-wonderkid-raheem-sterling-1-6926155
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...liverpool-wonderkid-raheem-sterling-1-6926155
Nice to see he has his head screwed on. Knows he's been on the scene all of 5 minutes and has to keep working hard to make it. Here's hoping he's another Carroll (Toon variety) than Nile Ranger (wannabe 'gangsta'). :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to win this now, maybe our only way into Europe the way the season is going.

Think Liverpool and the likes of Chelsea and Spurs (and the impressive Soton) should all focus on other cup competitions/PL and let us minnows like Derby, Sheff Utd and Bournemouth slug it out for the League Cup ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back