List Mgmt. Non-Freo Delistings - Players of Interest

Which (if any) of the Delisted Free Agents interests would you like to see at Freo next season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Essendon. Announced yesterday that they had made their final delistings.

It surprised me as they only had two vacant spots on the list. I was wondering if they had changed the rules. Then Essendon announce today that Kurt Aylett will has been delisted and will be re drafted as a rookie. Whoops. You'd think that counting to 37 wasn't that difficult. But then again player management and welfare isn't a strongpoint.

North haven't even started yet. They currently sit at +2 on last year after getting two free agents and upgrading a rookie.

There is two list lodgement periods, each followed by a delisted player period. In theory North don't have to delist anyone until Nov 13 unless there are special rules I don't know about. Bit of a dog act to leave it so late though as delisted players only get one crack at a second home so you would hope they do it by close off for list 1 tomorrow.

There is two list lodgement periods, each followed by a delisted player period. In theory North don't have to delist anyone until Nov 13 unless there are special rules I don't know about. Bit of a dog act to leave it so late though as delisted players only get one crack at a second home so you would hope they do it by close off for list 1 tomorrow.
I know through someone from East freo that Liam Anthony was delisted ages ago but they announced nothing. Give the bloke (and his 4-5 mates) a chance to get a new club. Anthony won't but I have no idea who the others are. They could be semi decent players. Poor form.

Last edited:
Broughton could get himself a nice pay rise next year with a contract anywhere else haha

Armstrong delisted too, Collingwood to try and rookie list him.

Wouldn't be opposed to us getting on the blower with Broughton to see his interest in a return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would get Tapscott from Melbourne. Always like him as a junior, I thought he was just another casualty of the poor Demon development

Would create competition straight away for Spurr

I would get Tapscott from Melbourne. Always like him as a junior, I thought he was just another casualty of the poor Demon development

Would create competition straight away for Spurr

Can't agree with this. Tapscott is a thug with zero footballing ability. Has shown nil at Melbum. Would rather Hunt/Robinson/Hamling TBH

It would amaze me if we would chase any on that list. I get the feeling Freo think what we have is pretty good. Bring in 3 good kids, hope we get josh as a rookie and see what pans out.

Can't agree with this. Tapscott is a thug with zero footballing ability. Has shown nil at Melbum. Would rather Hunt/Robinson/Hamling TBH
I doubt we're any chance except for Hamling tbh. Robinson and Hunt would best 22 in around half the teams in the afl. We might be one of them but there's competition for spots here. They could join a mid table team like Brisbane or Richmond and play every game they're available. When you can do that Freo isn't exactly the best career path for them.

I doubt we're any chance except for Hamling tbh. Robinson and Hunt would best 22 in around half the teams in the afl. We might be one of them but there's competition for spots here. They could join a mid table team like Brisbane or Richmond and play every game they're available. When you can do that Freo isn't exactly the best career path for them.
Yep, case in point - Yeo going to WCE.

Why the hell they picked Nahas in the first place is beyond me.

There was a vacancy for a small forward role, and to his credit, he wasn't as terrible this year as I had expected him to be. In a few games he was surprisingly good. Then the schoolboy Turner got an opportunity late in the season and that vacancy closed.

I assume we will probably stick another kid on the list who has similar attributes.

There was a vacancy for a small forward role, and to his credit, he wasn't as terrible this year as I had expected him to be. In a few games he was surprisingly good. Then the schoolboy Turner got an opportunity late in the season and that vacancy closed.

I assume we will probably stick another kid on the list who has similar attributes.
I really like Turner. He's a tough kid

I really like Turner. He's a tough kid

Yeah, he is hard as a cat's head. It was Ziebell's father who saw him play in a bush league and called our club and told them to come have a look at this kid.

Back