South Africa in Australia (3 T20I's, 5 ODI's)

Remove this Banner Ad

They picked Bailey on ODI form. Why wouldn't they do the same with Finch. If he plays crap in Test, then he'll get dropped and I'll accept he can't make it. If he plays well, then good on him and he may become a regular in the team
Bailey averaged 37 at FC level. Whilst he may have been picked on ODI form, he had a decent FC platform.

Finch does not.

They picked Bailey on ODI form. Why wouldn't they do the same with Finch. If he plays crap in Test, then he'll get dropped and I'll accept he can't make it. If he plays well, then good on him and he may become a regular in the team

Well, that is Finch's plan, he's already said that he wants to get there through playing short format cricket.
He doesn't think his cruddy showing in the Shield should matter.

Because it would be stupid.

If a bloke can't average 20 for Victoria what will he average for Australia?

Let him play for Victoria and if he starts scoring regular centuries for them then he comes into consideration

Edit: Let's save this for the test team thread

They realised they stuffed it up with Bailey! They won't make a dumb mistake again lol

Bailey had actually shown something at first class level. There was plenty to suggest that Bailey would succeed.

There is nothing to suggest Finch will.

A large part of the reason they picked Bailey is because he is good tactically and in the dressing room. Contrast that with Finch who is pretty dumb.

Just read on cricinfo that spear chucker Ajmal is trying to make it for the WC.

I hope the ICC do not allow him to bowl, the WC is not the time for spear chuckers to be experimenting with their action.

Could someone explain to me something, can you chuck during a game and not get banned during the actual game?

Just another question, if you are batting on 99, hit the ball and run a single to get to your century but the umpire calls leg byes, can you appeal the decision? I gather no, but I wonder if this should be allowed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two rules that are ridiculous and waste time...

a) The ball should have to fit the rope to be a 4. The whole is he touching the rope thing is silly.

b) If the bat bounces after someone has made it home they shouldn't be able to be run out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back