List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is the video of Dalrymple discussing the draft on the website the same as the one that was up a few days ago?

McCartin will be better than Petracca anyway, imo.
I'd take Brayshaw before Petracca too. I reckon he's the best player in the draft.

Petracca must have interviewed horribly. Saints could have traded back to pick 4 and probably got pick 7 and been able to get McCartin plus a bonus pick 7. Makes no sense for them to not take Petracca

Petracca must have interviewed horribly. Saints could have traded back to pick 4 and probably got pick 7 and been able to get McCartin plus a bonus pick 7. Makes no sense for them to not take Petracca

How would they have got McCartin at Pick 4?

Pretty sure Melbourne would grab him with one of their picks.

Hence why I have Payne there he is the most natural of all the KPF's in this draft to play that position. He might take a little bit of time but we'll be all the better for it. We just need to get Rainbow at 39 if McLean doesn't slide aye :cool:
Matt Hammelmann?

Word is that Vickers-Wallis and McDonald are more of your second or third defender types, we seem to have many of those. We truly need a solid to gun FB and CHB. Is there anyone is this draft at all, including those to that are mentioned, that could hold down these two posts for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is that Vickers-Wallis and McDonald are more of your second or third defender types, we seem to have many of those. We truly need a solid to gun FB and CHB. Is there anyone is this draft at all, including those to that are mentioned, that could hold down these two posts for us?

Not at our picks you'd think. We all hope 2/3 of Roughy/Fletcher/Talia could be those players but in an ideal world I'd draft McDonald & then trade for his brother, boom problem solved

Stoked in the Webb interest. Is a good get. Reminds me of Zachary merrett last year with his sort of output- showed enough in the champs without massively bolting.

Webb a lovely and springy- big at 186, can do a bit of hard stuff, take it overhead and hits targets under pressure and in traffic. Should like koby and clay who are from out that way

Neilson is one

Nielson, Vickers-Willis, Cordy, Talia & Roberts is pretty damn tall backline :eek: Could target a KPD as a F/A next season as well

Nielson reminds me a bit like Morris

McDonald's a genuine key back. Would start of second tall maybe but not far off being a 1st tall defender

Would be very happy with him or Mackenzie. R at 26 then a speedy mid at 27. Then get Keitel at 39 who can play as a genuine swing man.

Neilson is one

Nielson, Vickers-Willis, Cordy, Talia & Roberts is pretty damn tall backline :eek: Could target a KPD as a F/A next season as well

Nielson reminds me a bit like Morris

And only some of those will become very good. As most say, unlike midfielders, you generally have to draft 4-5 forwards/defenders to find one very good one. So I am all for stockpiling in this draft and think we will target a couple of defenders, a forward and two outside midfielders with our picks, depending who is available

Wouldn't mind Maynard, can see him and Darley being our medium/rebounding halfback flankers. If we got McKenzie or Menadue, they can play out wide with Biggs. Good to see we are starting to get some depth in those positions

If we can get two or even three of any of these guys I will be happy

Marchbank (won't slide at all)
Vickers-Wallis
McDonald
Maynard
D. McKenzie
Menadue
R. McKenzie
Webb

And only some of those will become very good. As most say, unlike midfielders, you generally have to draft 4-5 forwards/defenders to find one very good one. So I am all for stockpiling in this draft and think we will target a couple of defenders, a forward and two outside midfielders with our picks, depending who is available

Wouldn't mind Maynard, can see him and Darley being our medium/rebounding halfback flankers. If we got McKenzie or Menadue, they can play out wide with Biggs. Good to see we are starting to get some depth in those positions

If we can get two or even three of any of these guys I will be happy

Marchbank (won't slide at all)
Vickers-Wallis
McDonald
Maynard
D. McKenzie
Menadue
R. McKenzie
Webb

Roughly...
VW- 190cm
Nielson- 194cm
Cordy- 192cm
Talia-194cm
Roberts- 196cm

we likely will take one in the rookie draft as well, mature age player was mentioned the other day to

a few years together, they could form a solid defense unit :eek:

Is there anyone people are deadset against drafting? I'm pretty cool with all the guys around our picks.

How would they have got McCartin at Pick 4?

Pretty sure Melbourne would grab him with one of their picks.
Hogan is McCartin but has had injuries. Why get two identical style players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back