Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMES Hird has lost the support of the man who could soon become the next Premier of Victoria.

On the eve of the Victorian state election, Opposition leader Daniel Andrews revealed his view that the Essendon coach should be sacked if players are banned over the discredited 2012 supplements regime.

The Victorian Labor leader, a paid up Essendon member, believes Hird's position would become untenable.

On Thursday, Bombers chairman Paul Little revealed that in the event of guilty verdicts the club's members would help the board decide Hird's fate.

Asked how he would vote if such circumstances came to pass, Andrews said he would go against Hird.

"I'd be voting 'no' because, frankly, we need to move on," Andrews told SEN radio on Friday morning.

"I've got great respect for James as a player and someone who has led on the field and off but, frankly, we need a clean break with this. We need to move on. That's just the way these things are."

Ha Ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JAMES Hird has lost the support of the man who could soon become the next Premier of Victoria.

On the eve of the Victorian state election, Opposition leader Daniel Andrews revealed his view that the Essendon coach should be sacked if players are banned over the discredited 2012 supplements regime.

The Victorian Labor leader, a paid up Essendon member, believes Hird's position would become untenable.

On Thursday, Bombers chairman Paul Little revealed that in the event of guilty verdicts the club's members would help the board decide Hird's fate.

Asked how he would vote if such circumstances came to pass, Andrews said he would go against Hird.

"I'd be voting 'no' because, frankly, we need to move on," Andrews told SEN radio on Friday morning.

"I've got great respect for James as a player and someone who has led on the field and off but, frankly, we need a clean break with this. We need to move on. That's just the way these things are."

Ha Ha

I heard that interview in the car. His views on mixed martial arts, government investment in golf and gambling (in favour of them all) had me worried, and then he finished on this gem. I'm just not sure if his sound judgement on Hird makes up for his lack of it in being an * supporter in the first place.

Prescient headline?

alphacover.jpg

I enjoyed this bit for 2014. Financial report :- "Other Financial liabilities"
View attachment 94913
Haha most of that is actually a $5m loan they took out presumably under the pretense of "the new facilities". They had this bit a bit earlier in the document on the ASADA costs:

The above result is after charging an amount of $1,071,438 consisting of legal and consulting fees, net of insurance recoveries, in relation
to the ASADA investigation. The corresponding cost in 2013, which included the fine imposed by the AFL, was $3,939,710.

Sounds like most of what they would have spent this year has been recovered through insurance. However, I'm also pretty sure that figure doesn't include the payout on the Robinson case. That is probably hidden in the ~$58m classified as "Payments to suppliers, employees and players"

Haha most of that is actually a $5m loan they took out presumably under the pretense of "the new facilities". They had this bit a bit earlier in the document on the ASADA costs:

The above result is after charging an amount of $1,071,438 consisting of legal and consulting fees, net of insurance recoveries, in relation
to the ASADA investigation. The corresponding cost in 2013, which included the fine imposed by the AFL, was $3,939,710.

Sounds like most of what they would have spent this year has been recovered through insurance. However, I'm also pretty sure that figure doesn't include the payout on the Robinson case. That is probably hidden in the ~$58m classified as "Payments to suppliers, employees and players"

If I was an insurer I wouldn't cover * for negligent ineptitude, nor for quadrupling the cost through delays and evasion.

Ha Ha
Got my vote because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back