Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark picked the ball off the ground well. also did well getting on the lead. Needs to time his leaps but he has four weeks. solid.
Yeah, I think he's mistimed one or two marks, where the ball went straight over his head. Hard to tell at first glance if he's muffed it or if the kicker has put too much on it and it's gone a little long.
give him until the middle of the season but I reckon getting those two goals today will give him a lot of confidence going into his next game. Had he not got them, he'd be hanging his head a little, I think, because of missing a couple of chances via fumbles.

I would agree with that except Stanley. When you look at what we paid for him, and the fact that the St Kilda recruiter (who is now with us) says he thinks he's a ruck not a forward, I think the plan is for him to do a fair bit of ruckwork, and I don't think they would have bought him if they had faith in Hamish and Simpson medically.

The other five guys you mentioned I don't think they want rucking if they can avoid it.
I equivocated over including Stanley. No doubt they recruited him as backup to Simpson and HMac. I just haven't seen enough of him to know that he's a decent ruck option. Most of the times I've seen him were as a forward. He may well prove he doesn't belong on the dire ranking system but if we are without HMac and Simpson my view at this stage of the season is things are pretty dire. Hope Stanley can surprise.

In your opinion, an opinion I don't share.
The Blicavs hate from 2-3 BigFooty regulars is quite incredible, isn't it? You'd think he ran over quite a few dogs/shagged quite a few better halves given how they carry on.

The Blicavs hate from 2-3 BigFooty regulars is quite incredible, isn't it? You'd think he ran over quite a few dogs/shagged quite a few better halves given how they carry on.

'Hate' would be attacking someone personally. Criticising an aspect of a player's football is not that. It is also a popular pastime indulged in frequently here by way more than 2-3 people. There has been quite joyful 'hating' of plenty of players (past and present) over the last few years, and if today's display is anything to go by, there will be plenty more.

Please direct me to Blicavs 'hate' from today's game too if you get a chance. I haven't come across any yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Hate' would be attacking someone personally. Criticising an aspect of a player's football is not that. It is also a popular pastime indulged in frequently here by way more than 2-3 people. There has been quite joyful 'hating' of plenty of players (past and present) over the last few years, and if today's display is anything to go by, there will be plenty more.

Please direct me to Blicavs 'hate' from today's game too if you get a chance. I haven't come across any yet.
The hate, in this instance, goes well beyond "Criticising an aspect of a player's football". It is an unhealthy obsession that follows an early call made by these posters that is being defended no matter what occurs on the field.

Hate is the only word I can find for it. Because there's something deeply personal and irrational about it.

I won't be polluting this thread further on the topic though.

B_AJq3FVIAEA_DG.jpg

The hate, in this instance, goes well beyond "Criticising an aspect of a player's football". It is an unhealthy obsession that follows an early call made by these posters that is being defended no matter what occurs on the field.

Hate is the only word I can find for it. Because there's something deeply personal and irrational about it.

I won't be polluting this thread further on the topic though.

If that were to be true, it doesn't exist in isolation. Certainly not on this board.

A bit of a nervous start but thought he got better as the game wore on, that second goal was a rippa though. Should be much better for the hit out.

Definitely. He is certainly a presence up forward and will attract a quality defender.

Good signs, I thought.

or maybe others see a lack of ability that somehow you dont. nah that cant be it. it must hate.
Dude wrong thread.

I thought Clark was ok - and Geelong generally were pretty ordinary. So if we play well Clark will play better. Looked a bit rusty over head but I expect that will get better over time.

The ruck situation looked pretty bad so let's hope that Stanley stands up or Simpson improves.

Then without SJ and Selwood we looked very ordinary in the midfield.

But the forward line looks promising with Clark down there. Will take time but he could be one of the missing pieces for us.

Thought he did alright all thinks considered. The fact he played the whole game and not just a half as Chris Scott said he would was a great sign. Looked reasonably fit too. Once the marks start sticking, look out!
Great to see how much he enjoyed kicked those goals and being back out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back