Game Day North Melbourne vs Adelaide - NAB Cup 1 (STREAMS CAN COME TRUE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I pretty much agree with all of this. But just wanted to point out that according to the AFL website Boomer had about the 4th most touches. Brad Crouch had the most with 25.

I should've said. Most for our team. Crouch is a gun, just quietly.

Exactly what I was expecting.

Waite Petrie and Black & or Wood.

Yep, clear choice after the past 15 years let alone game today. The Maj/Brown debate is centred largely on the ruck decision as none of the above can ruck, Petrie is well past it based on the past couple of years. If one does play, they will be the sub most likely.

IMO the biggest disappointment was Bastinac.

I would have thought he'd tackle the season with a renewed intensity from the first bounce. That didnt happen today.

He really does lack intensity.

(Yeah, yeah, practice match and all that jazz.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He really does lack intensity.

(Yeah, yeah, practice match and all that jazz.)
Yep. One of the Adelaide player went straight through him in the 2nd quarter, and he gave the typical arms-only lunge tackle.

Along with Tarrant's effort on the wing, that was the only negative for the game, from my perspective.

Petrie
Waite
Brown
Black
LT
Turner

Which is pretty much what we had today except for Black.
Brown / Drew as backup ruck to give Goldy a chop out.

Noted, but do not agree, where does Zeibell play, where's Harvey? or will we continue to flog the 36 year old til he's falls dead on the ground?..... I think he'll get more minutes in the forward half then some relieving minutes in the centre. This is because we have a larger group of players growing and gaining games under their belts and speculation of more time in the middle.....theres talk of Atley, Silver etc playing more there so I see Jack going out. There's only one place and thats forward.

I would like to see:_
Petrie, Waite, Black, Zeibell then the two smalls (Boomer, LT, Turner---> Patch, Nahas, Garner and Harper.) I think Zeibel and Black gives us the right mix where they play small but tall as well.

Yep. One of the Adelaide player went straight through him in the 2nd quarter, and he gave the typical arms-only lunge tackle.

Along with Tarrant's effort on the wing, that was the only negative for the game, from my perspective.
To be fair that was Josh Jenkins - who is an absolute monster - and he was running at full steam with a don't argue chucked in for good measure. It wasn't an easy tackle to make for a guy that was significantly smaller than Jenkins.

IMO the biggest disappointment was Bastinac.

I would have thought he'd tackle the season with a renewed intensity from the first bounce. That didnt happen today.

I think you may officially be the world's first person to utilise the words "tackle" and "intensity" in the same sentence in reference to Bastinac.

I should've said. Most for our team. Crouch is a gun, just quietly.

Oh yeah, amazingly underrated compared to the other mini draft kids. Hogan hasn't played a game and he's the next Carey.

Maj was pretty good today.

Noted, but do not agree, where does Zeibell play, where's Harvey? or will we continue to flog the 36 year old til he's falls dead on the ground?..... I think he'll get more minutes in the forward half then some relieving minutes in the centre. This is because we have a larger group of players growing and gaining games under their belts and speculation of more time in the middle.....theres talk of Atley, Silver etc playing more there so I see Jack going out. There's only one place and thats forward.

I would like to see:_
Petrie, Waite, Black, Zeibell then the two smalls (Boomer, LT, Turner---> Patch, Nahas, Garner and Harper.) I think Zeibel and Black gives us the right mix where they play small but tall as well.

Doubt you will be seeing too much of Nahas

Positives: North! New recruits played well. Wells...I'm gobsmacked. Really impressed with Maj.

Negatives: Warren, McMahon, Tarrant (early days but pulling out of a contest...come on) and IUB (poor poor form. Didn't think you were a troll. I know now).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back