Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not telling you how you should react or feel or attempting to help people get over it.
My observation was simply that I think 2 years to hold onto a grudge is long enough. As any reasonable person would observe.
That is my opinion, if you feel differently, that is your choice.

Not here to troll at all. Is it not fact that Tippo was paid outside the cap?

This story says Tippo was paid up to $200,000 outside the cap.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-30/afl-ruling-kurt-tippett-adelaide-crows/4400256

I only raise these issues in response to the COLA argument brought up by Crows fans. Which, as I have pointed out, was COMPLETELY within the rules.
Is that unreasonable?

The $200,000 was paid by Balfours for his TV commercials etc, the AFC was found guilt for breaching the salary cap because the club was involved in connecting the two parties. That particular finding is laughable given Judd's Vissy deal but there you go.

I am not telling you how you should react or feel or attempting to help people get over it.
My observation was simply that I think 2 years to hold onto a grudge is long enough. As any reasonable person would observe.
You're a fool if you think a grudge has anything to do with 'reason'.

The extra money that Tippett got was in the form of third party payments, and would have been all fine, except we chose to guarantee the amount should he not earn it from sponsors. (i.e. If he only got half, we'd pay the other half.) because if that it should have been included in his contract, and thus gone toward the cap. The stupid thing is that had we done this, we still would have been under the cap. It was a completely pointless thing to do.

Regarding the COLA being within the rules... That's the point! You have your own special rules designed to make you more successful. You tried to claim that being told you need to drop that unfair advantage or give up free agents was a punishment. You could keep signing free agent, you'd just need to go on the same cap as the rest of us. Don't worry though, you still have your academy players, another advantage the rest of us don't get...

That is my opinion, if you feel differently, that is your choice.

Any reasonable person would concede that Tippett dogged the club at every turn. Two years is nothing in grudge terms anyway. You realise we're passionate about the Adelaide Footy Club right?

In any case, I see no benefit in letting go of this grudge especially when it's already brought me so much joy watching the 2014 GF.

That is complete rubbish and you know it. Any new players were NOT eligible for COLA. There was no need for the ban other than to stop us from signing players. Plain and simple.
If we were fair dinkum then we would pay players under the table. The penalty for that is far less than actually abiding by the rules.

This is a nonsense

You were told COLA is going right now. Gone. Over. Kapput.

Then YOU pleaded to be allowed to phase it out over a longer period. The AFL said no. Done. Now. Then you whined some more. And eventually got your way

Fine. Good for you

But a condition of being allowed to phase out cola was not taking on new salary

Which is only right and fair. So stop cracking the shits you were treated generously not unfairly.

If you are still so angry about getting penalised for breaking the rules imagine how angry you would be if your club was penalised FOR NOT BREAKING THE RULES.

In case you missed it, my club was punished for NOT breaking the rules.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-from-trading-players-in-20141009-113sba.html

I beg your pardon?

You club was never punished, your golden goose was removed more like it. Your COLA bonus was removed to allow some sort of AFL equality to be implemented.

Well, technically no he wasn't.

The Adelaide Crows salary cap in 2011 had enough room in it to accomodate that $200,000.

Therefore, you are wrong.
This is the BS about our case..... No one outside us actually understands that in the scheme of things what we did was minuscule! Yet almost coped the same penalty as Essendon! (For bringing the game in disrepute)

This is the BS about our case..... No one outside us actually understands that in the scheme of things what we did was minuscule! Yet almost coped the same penalty as Essendon! (For bringing the game in disrepute)

This is why i've always taken the stance the club is 100% to blame. The stupidity we brought upon ourself that was never needed.

Getting angry and I'm not even drunk yet. No punishment for Sydney acting on privileged information illegally shared by playing manager - offering well under market value. Deceit and deception reign at the swans. Tippett and franklin deals are right up there with visy/judd deal. Australian of the year awards when there were thousands more deserving. Boring brand of football.

It's not over. It's never over.

Precisely - what benefit did we get by keeping the cap space ?
We also were working with a deceitful w@anker who could have just said - "crows, I need to leave. I wanna play for Sydney but will feign interest in other clubs to help youget best trade value. Thank you for developing me as a player. Friends 4 Eva."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also were working with a deceitful w@anker who could have just said - "crows, I need to leave. I wanna play for Sydney but will feign interest in other clubs to help youget best trade value. Thank you for developing me as a player. Friends 4 Eva."

He did. The club lied and ignored him.

They were the one who offered to trade him for a second round pick and them went back on their word.

Yes that was in exchange for his signature at the end of 09 right ? He still could have kept his mouth shut in public and told crows "Sydney or bust" privately.

The whole thing would have gone through quietly, bit like Luke ball going to collingwood...

Yes that was in exchange for his signature at the end of 09 right ? He still could have kept his mouth shut in public and told crows "Sydney or bust" privately.

The whole thing would have gone through quietly, bit like Luke ball going to collingwood...

Why should he?

The club should never agreed to the deal if they didn't have any intention of following through with it.

They had an agreement in place.

Why should he?

The club should never agreed to the deal if they didn't have any intention of following through with it.

They had an agreement in place.
Honour, integrity, sign of appreciation for the club that recruited you and developed you to the point where you COULD demand the kind on money that set you up for life... Fast forward to today, it would be interesting to see how Phil would have had a "man talk" and how Tippett would have reacted.

Honour, integrity, sign of appreciation for the club that recruited you and developed you to the point where you COULD demand the kind on money that set you up for life... Fast forward to today, it would be interesting to see how Phil would have had a "man talk" and how Tippett would have reacted.

That's why he stayed 2 extra years.

Bloody hell, can we win a game in anger before we empty our mayo bottle over his face?

These kind of values don't expire like a contract, they are part of your upbringing.

Fair enough re: walshy. It's still the ansett cup though and we are still in the honeymoon period with our new coach ....need real season to start, to bring perspective to this all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back