Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

If he puts money on us, we're golden.
Yeah - maybe he won on the rising star after getting some inside info but most of his predictions about us are usually wrong.
Last year he didn't even have us in the 8. He says we'll win the flag this year if we "want it badly enough" meaning if we don't win he'll turn face as usual and call us bigheads, mentally fragile and want to know "what do they stand for".
I'd prefer he stick to his favorites - Rich and Norf.

Not that you poort scum would have noticed but there was an article about Port Adelaide and PROFIT in today's Financial Review.

Page 35.

That's after page 34.

I sent it to RussellEbertHandball this morning but he must be busy preparing a post for the cycling board.

I sent it to RussellEbertHandball this morning but he must be busy preparing a post for the cycling board.
You must be using the steam internet version. Havent received anything yet.

Viola here it is. The newspaper article headline is Port Adelaide to Make Profit - the online headline is
Port Adelaide to pay AFL revenue-sharing tax by 2016

AFL club Port Adelaide will cap a four-year financial turnaround by becoming a contributor to the league's revenue-sharing regime by 2016.

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch said the club is budgeting for a profit this season after a $2.5 million loss in 2014 thanks to surging membership and corporate support and the recent striking of a more favourable tenace agreement at Adelaide Oval for the club and its cross-town rival Adelaide Crows.

"I think that will be a sensational result for us," Koch told The Australian Financial Review. "This will also be our last year as a recipient of equalisation income from the AFL and we are probably going to get about $500,000. Next year we will be actually be a contributor, which shows how far we have come."

The introduction of the revenue tax this year will mean powerful clubs such as Hawthorn, Collingwood and West Coast will each tip in a maximum $500,000 to a collective pool, with a handful of other clubs projected to follow, but on a sliding scale.

The so-called smaller or poorer clubs will in turn be distributed funds from the pool as a way of equalising the financial playing field in the AFL, where big clubs can reap the rewards of favourable fixturing against other high-drawing teams.

"We were actually no better off from the move but it has now been fixed," said Koch. "We are also set for probably our biggest membership numbers ever and will announce several new sponsors in the next two weeks. So we think we are in a good position now."

Koch also said Port would lift the amount it spends on its football department this year to be about the 6th to 8th highest spenders, after several years being among the lowest spenders.

Port Adelaide to pay AFL revenue-sharing tax by 2016

Channeling Duncanson there Kochie.

Last edited:
The power of two.

This Port story actually was highlighted at the top right hand corner of today's Fin Review front page, with a different and smaller picture of Kochie with a predominately teal scarf wrapped around his neck ( have to change that to a We Are Port Adelaide or NTUA) the small headline is
Power profit
Port Adelaide turns
from red to black
Sports Review p35

To the left of that another small headline
Fraser's Legacy,
An Australian first,
a Liberal second

So with Kochie in charge the Fin Review ranks highlighting the story with Fraser's death/legacy and more relevant than other big business stories. Any other AFL club making a profit or going from the red to a black get the same treatment??? Bloody marvelous having a Sydney based President (* this Chairman stuff) who is in the media and a financial journo and that to get this highlighted. Duncanson or Boulton would never have got this coverage. Kochie now has to deliver. If we are getting up to $500k from the equalisation fund, a better stadium deal, more sponsors, sell more corporate inventory at AO at a higher price, more members and higher membership fees - bloody hell us less something disastrous happens on or off field, then we have to get into the black in 2015, otherwise we never will.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some nice pics too!!

178716-c7061468-cdf2-11e4-a028-65bfa3bc1db2.jpg

178768-e2c1c1c0-cdf2-11e4-a028-65bfa3bc1db2.jpg

Oh boy ... cant wait!!!

Ken tonight on 5 up youre arse aa was so good. So calm and collected. Ive always been in love with my club. But Ken puts on the lingerie and makes sex so easy. Bring on round one and lets put things to bed. Lets do this s**t people.

Sorry Ant Bear but according to that article, Ken would be the 'most sort after'.

It sort of did Caro, but a better print copywriter should be sought.
Yeah, I saw that. At least they got it right in the headline.

#malcom

I have often thought how great it would be if we could win a GF while Jay is still playing for us. Most of our players are still quite young and (hopefully) have a few years yet to achieve this, but Jay may only play one or two more years at best given the way he plays. He always said his ambition was just to play finals footy and, very happily, we have given him that, 3 of them wins. Jay has played his heart out for us over the years and to see him win a premiership medal before he hangs up the boots would be just wonderful, even better if he was the 'last minute hero' as Caro predicts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back