Review Round 8: Dees v the Dogs - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Brayshaw has played better than Trengove (or Scully for that matter) did in his first 8 games, you are out of your mind.

Trengove I can handle, but Scully had a few decent games and one very good one and that was it. Skinny little runt.

In the words of Ronald Dale:

Show me (contested) possessions (averages and tackle averages) and ill shut up!

Very similar in that area mate - rough numbers.

Trenners was 7/19 and Bray is 5/13 - Trenners 4.5 tackles to Brays 5.

2 X sub games removed please.

Giants and Adelaide

I reckon they're very similar players - Brayshaw a better clearance player and Trenners better on the outside, both hard at it and good tacklers.

I reckon they're very similar players - Brayshaw a better clearance player and Trenners better on the outside, both hard at it and good tacklers.

Fair enough, maybe the past 3 JT's season have scarred my brain and removed the first few promising years he had.

Shutting up now., i was wrong :(….I HATE BEING WRONG!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

2 X sub games removed please.

Giants and Adelaide
Brayshaw had 6 contested posies and 7 tackles in the Adelaide game in 48% game time, wasn't a great game to remove.

Brayshaw had 6 contested posies and 7 tackles in the Adelaide game in 48% game time, wasn't a great game to remove.
Yea but gives a more accurate assessment generally.

Just shows how much of a sick puppy that man is though doesn't it? 7 tackles 48% game, sick sick boy.

Stats on Jizzberts' first season please.

Stats on Jizzberts' first season please.
Averaged 21 disposals, 9 contested, 1.33 tackles, 2.67 clearences. from 3 games.

Lol, Trenners was much better then Brayshaw in his first - he averaged 20 touches his first year, that was Brays first 20 touch game.

Tren was as good a tackler, fitter, had better skills and kicked a goal every two games.

And I'm pretty sure Trenners is 186 where Bray is 187... hardly bigger.
Jack Watts is probably the same height as Hogan. Brayshaw has a bigger frame than Trenners and will fill it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead we have Pedo touching the opposition up the last couple of weeks.

Pedobear.png

Last edited:
Instead we have Pedo touching the opposition up the last couple of weeks.

Always a pleasure watching someone with hands like that who can split the sticks.

I'm not sure this even qualifies as an unpopular opinion but I'm pretty sure Lucas Cook could have done just as bad a job as Dawes.

I love it when the bugler comes out when the win is in the bag. Got it out with three or four minutes to go yesterday and the crowd singing and clapping to it as the boys chipped it around for fun reminded me why I love the club.

MEEEEEELBOURNE
He was right in front of me I think i'll make a request for ring of fire next time ha.

Since when has Trenners had any problem putting on muscle?
No problem he just doesn't have the body size Brayshaw has. Angus will end up 10KG heavier IMO.

Edit: a quick google has him 6kg heavier already and he's far from done.

No problem he just doesn't have the body size Brayshaw has. Angus will end up 10KG heavier IMO.

Edit: a quick google has him 6kg heavier already and he's far from done.

He may be heavier but I'm going to back Trenners in on that scooter.

I've waited to do an in depth. but having watched the replay and seen the game from an non emotional stance which blinds me on game day i think now i'll give my two cents on our win

Good
Spencer stepped up, it may be cordy but Spencer did his job on the day. Also looked very good kicking the footy, never thought i would say this but i felt safe when he kicked the ball on sunday
Fitz may have just revitalised his career, absolutely fantastic and by the end of the day he had won the crowd. Again like Spencer in regards to his kicking skills. no flashy tricks like up in the forward line just got the ball, beat his opponent and cleared it.
Jones, thought he was a little down this year (and i mean down by his standards because he still players good) but produced a very good game after a slow start
Howe looked good in the forward line and got some form back
Watts used the ball well when he had it and looked eager to play out there
Garlett only the one goal (A bloody good one at that!) but really set the pressure in the forward fifty and looked dangerous
Hogan don't need to say more

The ability to be challenged again and then respond
The handballs, handballing on sunday looked really sick all round and the Hogan handball to Pedersen really summed it up

It's also nice knowing that we have quality players whom would comeback into the best 22 almost straight away sitting on the sidelines

Bad
Lumumba, didn't do a lot with it when he managed to get it

Ugly
The possibility of Dawes returning
I'm going to give my view on Dawes, i like Dawes he is a very likeable person but the failure of basic skills like marking, which are required to be a forward let alone a footballer is enough to tear your hair out. If Dawes was half the footballer he was a person he'd be fantastic (if that makes sense). Needs to do a Watts and realise he isn't performing, go back to the VFL and hone in his skills and i think he is capable of doing that. However at the moment until that happens he does not have a place in the best 22 regardless of wether he is in the leadership group, Grimes is too and he had the fight his way in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back