EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Predictions for this week.
Hillside by 1 point
Keilor in a close one
Abers by 5 goals
Eds by 6 goals
These results are dependant on NO metro boys playing.

Spoke to someone well connected with cannons and the following made it.
EDS - balta, Rayner
Keilor - hitch
Aberfeldie - Hanna, podhaski

As stated earlier mo and caluzzi very unlucky due to injury.

Congrats to the very talented bunch of boys above.
Apology accepted?

Craigeburn this weekend defnitely a chance.
Aaron vendramini a gun and the underage forward. Is it brown?
Will rayner and balta play?
IMO Eds will win easily. Aaron is a gun and hopefully he continues to improve and makes an impact on Calder next year.
My question to you haveago is would you play or would let your son play if you/he were in the eds boys shoes?

Watched Zac Saad play on the weekend. actually a very underrated player. He has extremely good skills, runs well and just seems like a great player. Honestly, I think he is in complete form. He is actually playing better than Cam Rayner and Ben C in my opinion. Another big hitter would be Nathan McIntosh. Really good player, he has good skills and seems like a great kid. Seems like he is a quality ruckman. Keep an eye out for this boy, he'll come through in he long run.

Watched Zac Saad play on the weekend. actually a very underrated player. He has extremely good skills, runs well and just seems like a great player. Honestly, I think he is in complete form. He is actually playing better than Cam Rayner and Ben C in my opinion. Another big hitter would be Nathan McIntosh. Really good player, he has good skills and seems like a great kid. Seems like he is a quality ruckman. Keep an eye out for this boy, he'll come through in he long run.
If he is in the same category as caluzzi and Rayner then he is an exceptional talent. Is he at a tac club or playing rep footy?

IMO Eds will win easily. Aaron is a gun and hopefully he continues to improve and makes an impact on Calder next year.
My question to you haveago is would you play or would let your son play if you/he were in the eds boys shoes?

Good question football1993 but as 16 year olds I think they need to make their own decisions and live/play/learn by the ramifications

Good question football1993 but as 16 year olds I think they need to make their own decisions and live/play/learn by the ramifications
Thankyou for acknowledging my good question. I do agree that being 16yo then they should be making these decisions BUT although I do not have kids yet(the good girl wants to change that) I would like to think that parents are there to give guidance and also support. s**t I'm starting to sound grown up. It would be great to see all the boys play and play well and come through the game uninjured. Good luck to everyone for the games this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a big call, though saad is a quality player and I also commend him for being an awesome sport!
He used to start a few fights and was getting suspended quite frequently, credit to him for pulling up tho. Futures bright

Craigeburn this weekend defnitely a chance.
Aaron vendramini a gun and the underage forward. Is it brown?
Will rayner and balta play?
I believe those two will be be playing but taking it easy. Can't see a team that lossed to westmeadows by a lot getting that close but by looking at the recent results from douttas games an upset is without a doubt on the cards

I believe those two will be be playing but taking it easy. Can't see a team that lossed to westmeadows by a lot getting that close but by looking at the recent results from douttas games an upset is without a doubt on the cards
I don't understand why two very good players would play but take it easy - what do they gain from that? Wouldn't it be a better idea for the EDS Allstars to not play them and get some game time and confidence into a number of their other players - a lot of which have been called out on this forum as good players.
From what I've seen the EDS Allstars are vulnerable when their big guns are held so this seems a great opportunity to build their side and develop the rest of the squad so they know they can win without contributions from their big 2 or 3

Should be a good game if they play like they did against Abers. Might pop down after work and have a look.

I don't understand why two very good players would play but take it easy - what do they gain from that? Wouldn't it be a better idea for the EDS Allstars to not play them and get some game time and confidence into a number of their other players - a lot of which have been called out on this forum as good players.
From what I've seen the EDS Allstars are vulnerable when their big guns are held so this seems a great opportunity to build their side and develop the rest of the squad so they know they can win without contributions from their big 2 or 3
Valid point, time will tell

People underestimate EDS, they clearly have to be a decent team Ben and Cam can't just do everything there is a lot more talent then just those 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back