EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Much like Prestia, Gobbo & Lojko this season ? Every club recruits, they are obviously close and want to play together.

St.Albans and West Coburg 2 teams to beat ATM, Marby not far behind
They couldā€™ve all returned to HS to be together clearly have zero respect/loyalty to HS.

In the end those types donā€™t belong to any clubs post footy which is a shame but there own decisions.

They couldā€™ve all returned to HS to be together clearly have zero respect/loyalty to HS.

In the end those types donā€™t belong to any clubs post footy which is a shame but there own decisions.
Points missed šŸ‘šŸ¼
Maybe it was Executioner, but think itā€™s a stretch to suggest Volpato is only going for money coz he has a little scrap.
Great acquaintances are made from a little dust up sometimes. Think all those boys have given good service to Hillside, and owe them nothing.

Let me ask you this ? ā€¦ those 3 might desperate to play the last game of the year ā€¦ whose more likely right now ? Hillside or St.Albans.

Maybe it was Executioner, but think itā€™s a stretch to suggest Volpato is only going for money coz he has a little scrap.
Great acquaintances are made from a little dust up sometimes. Think all those boys have given good service to Hillside, and owe them nothing.

Let me ask you this ? ā€¦ those 3 might desperate to play the last game of the year ā€¦ whose more likely right now ? Hillside or St.Albans.
After last year I would probably say hillside but both sides havenā€™t recruited many. Probably Hillside have more depth through the juniors coming up I would say. Hillside rely a lot on Covelli so his fitness and staying injury free is something they would be hoping.
Volpato doesnā€™t owe Hillside anything but would be surprised if he went there. He was retired so to get him interested anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that will cost you a big offer.

No idea why Raynor would want to play B grade footy other than $$$.

After last year I would probably say hillside but both sides havenā€™t recruited many. Probably Hillside have more depth through the juniors coming up I would say. Hillside rely a lot on Covelli so his fitness and staying injury free is something they would be hoping.
Volpato doesnā€™t owe Hillside anything but would be surprised if he went there. He was retired so to get him interested anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that will cost you a big offer.

No idea why Raynor would want to play B grade footy other than $$$.
St Albans have recruited pretty well from what I am told .
Rayner staying in QLD not playing at StAlbans .

Bit of a scrap?? Wasnā€™t it not long ago that certain posters on here were after his blood and blaming him for starting the brawl and on more than one occasion. Plus put his name up to the EDFL. Not to mention the personal attacks by certain SA personal. But like I said a good amount of money Iā€™d guess Iā€™d rock up to a soulless place and get a big pay chq. Has he fronted the EDFl tribunal for his involvement yet as well? Interested to see how this plays out. Hopefully they are there to out the clubs salary secrets šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Bit of a scrap?? Wasnā€™t it not long ago that certain posters on here were after his blood and blaming him for starting the brawl and on more than one occasion. Plus put his name up to the EDFL. Not to mention the personal attacks by certain SA personal. But like I said a good amount of money Iā€™d guess Iā€™d rock up to a soulless place and get a big pay chq. Has he fronted the EDFl tribunal for his involvement yet as well? Interested to see how this plays out. Hopefully they are there to out the clubs salary secrets šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I meant Jacksonā€™s involvement himself, did the wrong thing 100% running on the ground but very minor involvement once at the scene.

Soulless isnā€™t the worst way to describe them, with that set up they should be stronger. Wonā€™t be the first time they have splashed money for no rewards but I would have them firmly in front of Hillside currently, not that means anything!

Someone already pouring cold water on the Rayner recruit so pays to wait until they are announced on socials and not by some random on BigFooty. Just to be clear Iā€™m having a dig at myself here šŸ˜‚

Thatā€™s difficult to answer without ins/outs complete.
HS did beat them twice last season

I meant Jacksonā€™s involvement himself, did the wrong thing 100% running on the ground but very minor involvement once at the scene.

Soulless isnā€™t the worst way to describe them, with that set up they should be stronger. Wonā€™t be the first time they have splashed money for no rewards but I would have them firmly in front of Hillside currently, not that means anything!

Someone already pouring cold water on the Rayner recruit so pays to wait until they are announced on socials and not by some random on BigFooty. Just to be clear Iā€™m having a dig at myself here šŸ˜‚
All good mate, broken clocks right twice a day šŸ˜œšŸ‘šŸ¼

Think the reports on here could be BS šŸ’©

How much are they going to pay Hillside for Volpato ?

He may not have played last year but he's a registered Hillside player and seems St Albans cant recruit from the EDFL there has to be some sort of deal done to make it happen.

I'd charge them the fine amount.

How much are they going to pay Hillside for Volpato ?

He may not have played last year but he's a registered Hillside player and seems St Albans cant recruit from the EDFL there has to be some sort of deal done to make it happen.

I'd charge them the fine amount.
Perhaps Hillside could ask 20k, to cover their fine, he did start the brawl!, perhaps he will be playing for free at St Albans too, he does owe them 25k for their fine.
Brawl only started because of his stupidity!
EDFL might not let him play until he fronts up to explain himself for that day! I look forward to seeing how this plays out in the coming months if he is joining StA

Perhaps Hillside could ask 20k, to cover their fine, he did start the brawl!, perhaps he will be playing for free at St Albans too, he does owe them 25k for their fine.
Brawl only started because of his stupidity!
EDFL might not let him play until he fronts up to explain himself for that day! I look forward to seeing how this plays out in the coming months if he is joining StA
Would Hillside really do that to someone who has played with them since juniors ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soulless? St Albans is anything but. Have one of the biggest supporter bases in the EDFL/WRFL. On field have struggled but their supporters always show up.

Would Hillside really do that to someone who has played with them since juniors ?
You never know! he initiated the brawl and was never seen again for the 2023 season, heard Hillside still looking for him! EDFL still looking for him, might see him for the 1st time when they play :rolleyes: but this might be all BF BS, think he is done with footy.

You never know! he initiated the brawl and was never seen again for the 2023 season, heard Hillside still looking for him! EDFL still looking for him, might see him for the 1st time when they play :rolleyes: but this might be all BF BS, think he is done with footy.
was he playing for hillside when he started the brawl? and now (could be bs) but is going to play for st albans, and didn't play the rest of this season for hillside after the brawl?

Can confirm he is signed at ST Albans and will have to front up to EDFL before he is allowed to play.
Not sure about the clearance side of it .

Can confirm he is signed at ST Albans and will have to front up to EDFL before he is allowed to play.
Not sure about the clearance side of it .
So that would make it two players SA have named from in their solicits from a fellow Div 1 side in HS but they are not allowed to sign players from the EDFL talent pool for two seasons? Correct me if Iā€™m wrong pls. If Iā€™m HS I reject both clearances or cough up the a good portion of that fine money.

So that would make it two players SA have named from in their solicits from a fellow Div 1 side in HS but they are not allowed to sign players from the EDFL talent pool for two seasons? Correct me if Iā€™m wrong pls. If Iā€™m HS I reject both clearances or cough up the a good portion of that fine money.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll ask šŸ˜† and they will probably cough up too.

Add Saints and Sharks to list of fixtures to see in 2024. Bring the mouthguards boys

Totally agree on this. Rules are in place for a reason so reject the clearances. You would think the edfl would have spoken to them once they announced the recruit from HS. Or as you said ask for a big fee.. The risk is all with SA.

Totally agree on this. Rules are in place for a reason so reject the clearances. You would think the edfl would have spoken to them once they announced the recruit from HS. Or as you said ask for a big fee.. The risk is all with SA.

Might not be eligible until rd 6 or 7 at a min

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back