EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the issue will be how many quality 1 pointers they lost from their grand final side.

It’s easy to recruit with $$ however still have the challenge of keeping their points under the correct amount.

Seen it time and time again at different clubs since the points system came out. Clubs go out and recruit big and can’t fit all their 4 pointers in the side each week and then loose a few before clearance
Cut off date.
I believe Leonard and Sutherland retired so 2 one pointers there. Going off the signings look to have signed most all up again from grand final side.

Most of there recruits would carry points across to your point. I’d say they still have a lot of one pointers on the list.

I believe Leonard and Sutherland retired so 2 one pointers there. Going off the signings look to have signed most all up again from grand final side.

Most of there recruits would carry points across to your point. I’d say they still have a lot of one pointers on the list.
Yeah you are probably bang on there and I haven’t looked at their points or list. Regardless with the talent they have braught in you would think they have to be up there.

It’s interesting when you think about it if you bring in 5-6 four pointers to a club and play them weekly that’s half
Your points gone. The aim was to create a more even playing field across all leagues so teams pretty much couldn’t buy flags.

However in this day and age the volatility and the level of loyalty that in particular young players have to their home club makes it hard for teams to compete.

They loose all their kids coming through juniors at 20-25 to other clubs for a quick $. Then when they go to recruit they buggered on points. Flawed system IMO.

After speaking to a few people down at Westmeadows, they have no money to go out and recruit. Coaches have not been paid for this year either.
they have a new president I believe hopefully they rebuild the finances this year .on the positive they have a lot of good young westy kids playing this year ,they might sneak a few wins this year but if they mamange to keep and develop the kids they are in for some good times in the next few years

What’s his playing background? Hadfield with a decent signing too ex pacco player, might of come with Polizzi

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Welcome to our newest recruit, Ben Weightman.

Ben is a highly talented forward with the ability to play midfield as well. He comes highly recommended and his record speaks for itself.

Ben is a team of the year player many times and even a team of the decade player for the Bendigo Football League. He has played at Port Melbourne, Kyneton and most recently played and co-coached at Mt Pleasant in the Heathcote league.

My son played with his son this year .

Bloke is a jet if he gets back after his back op he will kick bag after bag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s early days but has anyone heard of any praccy matches? Will be interesting to see who’s playing who and where

Westmeadows in financial trouble word around today at cricket is Senior and Reserves coach not been paid yet and will not be recruiting at all and few players leaving. Reserves coach gone to Epping aswell interesting to see how they go next year.

Great to see some good signings from clubs.

Weightman will be a handful for defenders. TL shaping up nicely for another tilt

Interesting I seen Avondale heights announce brody watts signing, im sure he had been announced at Sunbury already.

Great to see some good signings from clubs.

Weightman will be a handful for defenders. TL shaping up nicely for another tilt

Interesting I seen Avondale heights announce brody watts signing, im sure he had been announced at Sunbury already.

Aaron Kite back to Glenroy from East Sunbury also.

AV must be throwing some good money at Brody, he loves the Kangaroos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back