EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I always find it interesting when a club announces a coach stepping down due to work and other commitments and then they take on a senior coaching gig as well
Yes understand your point but his going to a smaller club in a lower division so will require less time, so that could be a reason. Also might have been a decent offer to attract him there. Lots of factors I guess but not many people wanting to coach thesedays either. More coaches going out than coming in..

Yes understand your point but his going to a smaller club in a lower division so will require less time, so that could be a reason. Also might have been a decent offer to attract him there. Lots of factors I guess but not many people wanting to coach thesedays either. More coaches going out than coming in..
Turn it up Turbo. Hilllside sacked him, chose Covelli over him.

Wouldn’t think coburg districts would like the require less time comment. If any club is desperate to get out of Div 2 it’s districts. Come from the WRFL thinking they should be straight in Div 1 and what some 10 years later still in Div 2. When they come across they had no juniors now could be considered one of the better junior clubs going around. Stay any longer in Div 2 and the kids coming up won’t want to play senior footy in that comp.

From my understanding coaches get paid fairly well. I thought between the 20-30k mark for most (obviously some are on at least double that). Surely that’s a good incentive to want to coach?

Or am I way off with coaching payments?

From my understanding coaches get paid fairly well. I thought between the 20-30k mark for most (obviously some are on at least double that). Surely that’s a good incentive to want to coach?

Or am I way off with coaching payments?
This division , $10k would be max for a coach..

I have seen on west meadows socials that they are signing a lot of their young guys which reckon is the way to go build from with in and within a budget they can afford ,has there been a change of committee there ? as the direction the seem to be taking is not aliened to the old committee methods

Good to see northern with a recruit? Anyone shed some more light on the player.

I see Sunbury announced a couple new players today, Walsh seen him play couple years back. Good get if he’s still fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the facilities been upgraded at Rupo in the last couple of years since joining EDFL because prior to that they were garbage Sunbury Kangaroos a better facility and you can control the gate
Theres no gate takings in the EDFL you mop lol.

Theres no gate takings in the EDFL you mop lol.
Rupertswood multiple rounds of finals … with a gate 🤷‍♂️ which makes it difficult to understand how they are broke and facing a clean out.

From the best RDFL team of the previous decade and a premiership to constant scrapping for recruits and funds in the metro arms race. I always thought god help them if they win Div.1 and have to compete in Premier. Might be more concerned about not playing div.2 in near future, ironically RDFL is bouncing back

Rupertswood multiple rounds of finals … with a gate 🤷‍♂️ which makes it difficult to understand how they are broke and facing a clean out.

From the best RDFL team of the previous decade and a premiership to constant scrapping for recruits and funds in the metro arms race. I always thought god help them if they win Div.1 and have to compete in Premier. Might be more concerned about not playing div.2 in near future, ironically RDFL is bouncing back
Oh Rupo will be a high chance at this stage for relegation. Depending on if they can fill holes. Considering the new coach was apparently pretty unpopular with the Gisborne people, I imagine there isn’t many ready to jump over with him. Money isn’t the big issue at any club really, if you get the right people and a team that enjoy playing together you can compete for much less than some teams that just throw money every direction. Who cares about a final or two gate lol. Get good people at the club and people will wanna be there

They don’t take the gate. The EDFL take the money for the gate. The only money they make is from bar and canteen.

I always find it interesting when a club announces a coach stepping down due to work and other commitments and then they take on a senior coaching gig as well
It’s funny because the club said one thing but the coach quoted a different reason in the same post

It’s funny because the club said one thing but the coach quoted a different reason in the same post
If you’re talking about HS I’m sure the coach announced it not the club. It was announced 3/4 into the season so it was all mutual otherwise he would have packed up and left. He coached a junior side as well so his connected to the club. As he said he did all he could and time for another voice.

If you’re talking about HS I’m sure the coach announced it not the club. It was announced 3/4 into the season so it was all mutual otherwise he would have packed up and left. He coached a junior side as well so his connected to the club. As he said he did all he could and time for another voice.
come on Turbo, you have better connections than me at the club, he was coaching for his life and wasnt up to it, sacked, surely you could see that with your knowledge of the club and footy. Did you ever listen to any of his coaching... blah blah blah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back