EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep about the same for me. But I’ll swap Westy with northern. Can’t see East climbing anytime soon unless they pull some recruits out of the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Will be interesting becasuse SK have some returements apparently, who knows who will stay at Westmeadows (they have been in trouble with player payments apparebtly) , glenroy need to do some recruiting, coburg districts will have a new head coach nexy year. Will be interesting

Will be interesting becasuse SK have some returements apparently, who knows who will stay at Westmeadows (they have been in trouble with player payments apparebtly) , glenroy need to do some recruiting, coburg districts will have a new head coach nexy year. Will be interesting

Yes Matty Leonard and Brenton Sutherland have hung the boots. Streiff and Magin going again as far as I know. Club doesn’t like spending money either so not sure if they will recruit to replace them just yet.

Yes Matty Leonard and Brenton Sutherland have hung the boots. Streiff and Magin going again as far as I know. Club doesn’t like spending money either so not sure if they will recruit to replace them just yet.

Either does teams like glenroy which is why i think they will struggle.

I’d be surprised if any WRFL teams would be free to join the EDFL for the next 4-5 years. Not sure AFL Vic would allow that.
Yeah totally agree.

Just hearing that year RDFL teams are potnetially wanting to change because their has been a few teams jump ship to different comps. And unsure of the travel and that for the RDFL but in my mind the travelling for EDFL isnt too bad.

Also have seen VAFL losing some teams because their new agreement to have under 23s comp and womens grades play on Sundays. I know parade and ivenhoe have moved to NFNL, wonder if any would consider moving to EDFL

Great season of footy in Div 2 this year, going from strength to strength and will be even better in 24 with westy and Glenroy joining.

As for my predictions I think westy and Glenroy will be around the finals mark. Last year Sunbury lost quite a few players and yes they recruited a few and had some good kids come up but they still managed to make a GF, my point is it doesn’t take a big recruiting spree to change your fortunes when coming down.

Sunbury losing Leonard and Sutherland hurts their experience, still got some good experienced players and some great kids who will only get better. If they can replace a few then they are my tip

Taylor’s lakes if keep all players will be right with sunbury, if they can add a couple then could easily be favs.

Sunbury
Taylor’s lakes
Westy
Burnside
Glenroy
Hadfield
Northern
Coburg
East Sunbury
Jacana (if back in)

Great season of footy in Div 2 this year, going from strength to strength and will be even better in 24 with westy and Glenroy joining.

As for my predictions I think westy and Glenroy will be around the finals mark. Last year Sunbury lost quite a few players and yes they recruited a few and had some good kids come up but they still managed to make a GF, my point is it doesn’t take a big recruiting spree to change your fortunes when coming down.

Sunbury losing Leonard and Sutherland hurts their experience, still got some good experienced players and some great kids who will only get better. If they can replace a few then they are my tip

Taylor’s lakes if keep all players will be right with sunbury, if they can add a couple then could easily be favs.

Sunbury
Taylor’s lakes
Westy
Burnside
Glenroy
Hadfield
Northern
Coburg
East Sunbury
Jacana (if back in)
Jacana will never return

Gee Hadfield have got some stars from the Coaches old side HAHAHA Self proclaimed stars I hear. Especially 1 that has had a few stints at other clubs . To describe him as senior experiance at Criagieburn / Thomastown Id like to see stats of how many Senior games he actually played there. Good luck to them

Gee Hadfield have got some stars from the Coaches old side HAHAHA Self proclaimed stars I hear. Especially 1 that has had a few stints at other clubs . To describe him as senior experiance at Criagieburn / Thomastown Id like to see stats of how many Senior games he actually played there. Good luck to them
The write up of the % of goals kicked for his side and the highlights package of a bloke who kicked 15 goals for a side who didn’t win a game has to be one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen a club do.

The write up of the % of goals kicked for his side and the highlights package of a bloke who kicked 15 goals for a side who didn’t win a game has to be one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen a club do.

What did you want them to say? Think it’s trying to promote a positive culture. Hence most of the signings being good club people (apparently) buying into what the club is trying to achieve. I think a some are fringe players but that’s what Hadfield need a strong 2’s cause in all honestly they battled bar a few players in that department

It’s only c grade footy mate. No need to recruit superstars as it’s difficult enough recruiting in this level of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you want them to say? Think it’s trying to promote a positive culture. Hence most of the signings being good club people (apparently) buying into what the club is trying to achieve. I think a some are fringe players but that’s what Hadfield need a strong 2’s cause in all honestly they battled bar a few players in that department

Was overboard. A highlights package… come on.

Wow some seriously match winning enticing highlights. Looks like a real match winner.
Polizzi back as well. Great pick up and he was always going to return home. One of the better blokes around as he stayed at Pacco for a long time after leaving Williamstown/Haddy. Only an upside by having him bank involved at Haddy.

Polizzi back as well. Great pick up and he was always going to return home. One of the better blokes around as he stayed at Pacco for a long time after leaving Williamstown/Haddy. Only an upside by having him bank involved at Haddy.
Was more talking about the guy thats had Senior experiance at Craigieburn and Thomastown

Very good to have him back! Im thinking they’ll be trying to get a few other juniors back to the club such as Soncin and Ferraro too. Would be mad not to send them a message.

Very good to have him back! Im thinking they’ll be trying to get a few other juniors back to the club such as Soncin and Ferraro too. Would be mad not to send them a message.

Yeah have a crack why not, however both still go pretty well in premier standard.

Has anyone got the local footy article around Hadfield which they can post ? Thank you

New Hadfield coach Ange Lamanna has given an insight into how he plans to take the club forward with two new assistants by his side

Ange Lamanna has a simple philosophy as he prepares to take the reigns at Hadfield.
He wants his players to enjoy their footy.

Lamanna will be the Essendon District Football League club’s 25th senior coach as they prepare to put a tough 2023 season behind them.

The Hawks were severely impacted by injury with many of their key senior players spending extended periods of time on the sidelines.

“I’m quite excited, there’s a real sense of excitement from the club itself,” Lamanna said.

“It’s an opportunity to help the club move forward into a new era. I want to keep extending on all of the good work the club has been putting into place.

“It’s important we enjoy what we’re doing as a group, there’s work to do but we want to have a bit of fun while doing it.

“Football should be fun for everyone who is playing.”

Lamanna will be assisted by Jake Polizzi, who has returned to his junior club after a stint with Pascoe Vale, and Zac Gillard a new recruit from South Mildura.

“I’m really looking forward to working with them,” he said.

“They’ve got good footy brains and are perfect for what the club is trying to do.”

Hadfield has already had a large number of players re-sign for the 2024 season with an influx of recruits also be welcomed.

That has further boosted the premiership success of the under-16s while the under-18s played in the preliminary final.

“There’s a lot of growth ahead and I’m excited to be part of it,” he said.

Lamanna will replace Brett Pitts who has stood down after six seasons in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back