EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to the RDFL?..?

Given what's coming down for next year, Glenroy and Westy, and again in 2024, they may well be stuck in div 3 for a rather long period of time. It may lead to them thinking of going back.

Given what's coming down for next year, Glenroy and Westy, and again in 2024, they may well be stuck in div 3 for a rather long period of time. It may lead to them thinking of going back.
How do you think glenroy and westmeadowns will go in the div next year?

I think they at the cery least should be the likes of sunbury power and get more wins they they did this year.

How do you think glenroy and westmeadowns will go in the div next year?

I think they'll do okay. If Glenroy keeps the Nillson brothers that will help. Westy was a very young side. Dropping a division will help that development, I just think some clubs are in for a very long stay.

I think they at the cery least should be the likes of sunbury power and get more wins they they did this year.
For sure.

I think they'll do okay. If Glenroy keeps the Nillson brothers that will help. Westy was a very young side. Dropping a division will help that development, I just think some clubs are in for a very long stay.

For sure.
Would be good to see what sorta recruiting they do.

Apparently a lot of people want to leave or have left westy. Have heard the runours about match payments ect. Not entirely sure how accurate that is.

As in terns of glenroy they named their coach really late last season. I think they have done the right thing to reappoint him. Hopefully he can do some recruiting of their own.

Would be good to see what sorta recruiting they do.

Will be relying on socials as Playhq doesn't have transfers on it.

Apparently a lot of people want to leave or have left westy. Have heard the runours about match payments ect. Not entirely sure how accurate that is.

As in terns of glenroy they named their coach really late last season. I think they have done the right thing to reappoint him. Hopefully he can do some recruiting of their own.
:thumbsu:

The reserves grand final between Taylor’s lakes and northern saints was one of the best matches I’ve seen in that grade. Crowd was enormous and the best team won. Coburg city oval erupted yesterday at 1.40pm was great to see
Yes, was very strange…very loud reserves game both sets of supporters passionate in voice. The seniors game didn’t have that atmosphere or noise at all, even at the start.

The reserves grand final between Taylor’s lakes and northern saints was one of the best matches I’ve seen in that grade. Crowd was enormous and the best team won. Coburg city oval erupted yesterday at 1.40pm was great to see
Agree with your observations. I was there and felt the Reserves game had a far bigger crowd than the seniors. It was an exciting game and luckily I had my camcorder with me and recorded the last quarter and post-game scenes. I'll post the link to my video on this site tomorrow.

Here it is folks. The last quarter of Saturday's epic GRAND FINAL between Taylors Lakes and Northern Saints. TL lead by 11 points at 3/4 time and then scored 1.1 to lead by 3 goals early in the last quarter. But the Northern Saints don't know the meaning of "give-up" and kept attacking and keeping the ball in their forward half. It was only a matter of time before they scored and then eventually took the lead late in the quarter. Congratulation to the NS and their excited supporters who turned up in large numbers. Have a look at the post-game celebration and their supporter base. Well done. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Yes, was very strange…very loud reserves game both sets of supporters passionate in voice. The seniors game didn’t have that atmosphere or noise at all, even at the start.

I’ve always found EDFL games lack the atmosphere. But maybe I’m just used to country games. I thought it was a good sized crowd on Saturday at Coburg for the seniors.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here it is folks. The last quarter of Saturday's epic GRAND FINAL between Taylors Lakes and Northern Saints. TL lead by 11 points at 3/4 time and then scored 1.1 to lead by 3 goals early in the last quarter. But the Northern Saints don't know the meaning of "give-up" and kept attacking and keeping the ball in their forward half. It was only a matter of time before they scored and then eventually took the lead late in the quarter. Congratulation to the NS and their excited supporters who turned up in large numbers. Have a look at the post-game celebration and their supporter base. Well done. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Gee, that last 50m penalty was harsh in the context of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, that last 50m penalty was harsh in the context of the game.
Not really, number 18 is known to run off and play on. Looked like He was held on purpose to stop him from playing on and running off, which constitutes a 50m penalty.

Not really, number 18 is known to run off and play on. Looked like He was held on purpose to stop him from playing on and running off, which constitutes a 50m penalty.
That decision was not a 50. He just touched him and the player played for it. Turned the game and horrible decision in the context of the game.
What about a bit later in the Taylor’s forward line the northern player gets tackled and had prior opportunities to release the ball. That was holding the ball clearly.

Ultimately it’s C grade reserves so you get C grade umpires. Other than those 2 decisions it was very well umpired by what I seen it this vision.
Pretty good contest but Taylor’s lakes went too short and slow in the last and it cost them. Well done to northern on coming from behind.

That decision was not a 50. He just touched him and the player played for it. Turned the game and horrible decision in the context of the game.
What about a bit later in the Taylor’s forward line the northern player gets tackled and had prior opportunities to release the ball. That was holding the ball clearly.

Ultimately it’s C grade reserves so you get C grade umpires. Other than those 2 decisions it was very well umpired by what I seen it this vision.
Pretty good contest but Taylor’s lakes went too short and slow in the last and it cost them. Well done to northern on coming from behind.
Works both ways, very questionable decisions for both sides

For sure.
Unless Glenroy recruit heavily they will be a bottom 4 team in this division.There list this year was terrible and there are a few out the door already.Im staggered that they have dropped the ball so badly as a football club. Recruiting players to come to a Division 3 club will be difficult and i dont see them bouncing back up anytime soon.

Unless Glenroy recruit heavily they will be a bottom 4 team in this division.There list this year was terrible and there are a few out the door already.Im staggered that they have dropped the ball so badly as a football club. Recruiting players to come to a Division 3 club will be difficult and i dont see them bouncing back up anytime
Would have more in the bank than any other EDFL Club and I mean plenty more. If you wonder how they have accumulated their wealth, do your sums on hosting jnr and snr finals. Each day of hosting has been a min return of 15k. Then you add in a lucrative major sponsor, they can and will buy their way out of Div 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
TL have 3 teams and great depth, West should hold a few together to be ok, Sunbury made the GF and will invest, Northern will get all of their players back which had them 8-0 and Districts are about to win the 18's div 1 flag.

Glenroy are in deep s**t.

Would have more in the bank than any other EDFL Club and I mean plenty more. If you wonder how they have accumulated their wealth, do your sums on hosting jnr and snr finals. Each day of hosting has been a min return of 15k. Then you add in a lucrative major sponsor, they can and will buy their way out of Div 2.
Points and salary cap might have a say about that. Maybe if they had spent some of their wealth earlier they might not be in the predicament they find themselves in.Kept Terronova too long when they were in Premier, then moved him on only to appoint one of his assistants and re-appoint him for next year after getting relegated again.Both poor decisions IMO.Done very little recruiting this year and paid the ultimate price

Oak Park V Sunbury Kangaroos GRAND FINAL on 9 September 2023 at Coburg Oval. My LAST HALF game-day scenes.

Bored and have gone early. What is everyones ladder predictions for 2024 season?

1. Taylors lakes
2. Sunbury kangaroos
3. Westmeadows
4. Northern saints
5. Coburg districts
6. Glenroy
7. Burnside
8. Hadfield
9. Sunbury Power

Bored and have gone early. What is everyones ladder predictions for 2024 season?

1. Taylors lakes
2. Sunbury kangaroos
3. Westmeadows
4. Northern saints
5. Coburg districts
6. Glenroy
7. Burnside
8. Hadfield
9. Sunbury Power

Yep about the same for me. But I’ll swap Westy with northern. Can’t see East climbing anytime soon unless they pull some recruits out of the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back