EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a lot of money being spent at a few clubs sitting at the bottom of the ladder
At the DP game vs PV .. was told Majak called and said his Uber was in a crash and won’t get there.. hope they were joking.. paying off these sort of bloke debts.. means nothing to them, they just move on to the next highest bidder . Clubs have to draw a line in the sand and stop it.. DP have done this for too long.. only a few have stuck around.. players get use to the bidding war.
Deer park in with the big boys now, not the club they use to be crowd was quieter not as arrogant but also down from what I remember.. DP weren’t bad, but you could tell PV we’re a little undermanned.. DP miss Smart and his forward pressure..

GV pinched the win at the death at EK yesterday. 2 goals down with a minute or two to go. Scrape through by a point. Supposedly EK not at all a happy place with a handful of players leaving midweek.
Must be tough on coach Pat when president Pat tries to buy $$$💰💰💰culture as success starts at the bottom and build up. Unfortunately the EKFC model was yester year and doesn’t work in this environment as strong clubs will always outlast this model of administration.

Must be tough on coach Pat when president Pat tries to buy $$$💰💰💰culture as success starts at the bottom and build up. Unfortunately the EKFC model was yester year and doesn’t work in this environment as strong clubs will always outlast this model of administration.
Another loss and pressure on Pat’s job!

I’ve got to admit I thought doutta and Avondale were going to fight for relegation both have started well this season. First time for quite a while the relegation race will be very competitive good for the competition. But what do I know?
Not the only one that thought that and it’s great for the competition.

EDS dismantled APW yesterday, out coached and outworked them all day. At a guess APW would have won the midfield battle and inside 50 count but Doutta team defence was too solid, then had too much pace on the counter. A few classy VFL listed players have helped them also with retaining the ball, and the forward line had some potency. Thomas up there with any small fwd in the comp. Horrible blow for them with Tully doing a shoulder though, he’s the best key position they have. The ruckman gives them plenty and thought he was great too. The captain Ntialianas very good all day.

For APW Gentile was in everything and always looked like he was going to spark them back in the contest but didn’t have enough help. Barbero played very well in defence and Young was solid without having a lot of influence. Hanson a bit underwhelming, got plenty of the ball but didn’t do a lot with it. Edwards has impact at stoppage but then can’t keep up around the game, and turned it over too much.

Hopefully all the teams can keep this up through winter and we will be in for a fascinating season at both ends of the ladder. 3 wins minimum to survive IMO

I’ve got to admit I thought doutta and Avondale were going to fight for relegation both have started well this season. First time for quite a while the relegation race will be very competitive good for the competition. But what do I know?
Both Avo and Douttas have good coaches and it helps them a lot more than what you think. Paddy Byrne being back and having Tom Gleeson as his playing assistant is a huge help while Barry Prendegast at Douttas has made them respectable.

Will Pat consider sacking Pat?

Biggest double standard in local footy

Sacks the coach last year when they were sitting in the top half of the table… no game plan apparently….

Recruits himself and a development (sic) coach from the Jets

Recruits 3rds players, with one making their senior debut last week and was so far out of his depth that is unlikely to ever play seniors again..

List goes on…

Keep sweeping those changerooms!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There must be some really good people at EK or ex EK people who would be devastated about where they're at. Not just the win/loss, but their reputation.

My sister has an 11 year old and she lives around the corner from their ground. She knows nothing about footy.
I asked if her kid is going to play there and she said she'd heard horrible things about the club from parents at the primary school.

This is how clubs die!!

Anyone have any idea why Keighton Matofai-Forbes was named to play Keilor Thirds on Friday night? Understand seniors, reserves and 18s prem did not play on the weekend just gone as they played Good Friday instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back