EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happened to Victor Micallef at SA. Haven't seen him in the team sheet at all after completing a full preseason.

Young eagles 10 players under the age of 20 today..BOG today 17 yo club with great coaches and future.
Fantastic win by Craigieburn yesterday. Was a great game of local footy, free flowing end to end stuff. Tight contest for the most part but eagles too young and fit for St Albans in the end and kicked away. Carlisle was huge and young Albon is a star. Good signs so far for CB who i thought were the better side for 3 quarters against Hillside a few weeks back also. Will need to keep a healthy list as the reserves look to be struggling.

Fantastic win by Craigieburn yesterday. Was a great game of local footy, free flowing end to end stuff. Tight contest for the most part but eagles too young and fit for St Albans in the end and kicked away. Carlisle was huge and young Albon is a star. Good signs so far for CB who i thought were the better side for 3 quarters against Hillside a few weeks back also. Will need to keep a healthy list as the reserves look to be struggling.
How did Coletta and Volpato go?

Difference between Craigieburns 1s and 2s

Similar to Rupo last year.

Depth really being tested in local footy

Thirds hasn’t helped some of those clubs

Would love to get data on year on year registrations in
18s
Reserves/Seniors
Thirds

I would guess that thirds has increased
18 decreased and reserves/Seniors either stagnant or decreased (minus new entrants of course DP and SA)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thirds hasn’t helped some of those clubs

Would love to get data on year on year registrations in
18s
Reserves/Seniors
Thirds

I would guess that thirds has increased
18 decreased and reserves/Seniors either stagnant or decreased (minus new entrants of course DP and SA)

Good reserves players can get a bit of coin to play Div 3 these days.

Is what it comes down to the most I reckon

Good reserves players can get a bit of coin to play Div 3 these days.

Is what it comes down to the most I reckon
That’s been happening for years and pre Covid mate. Think post Covid numbers have decreased at a lot of clubs in all leagues hence the standard of reserves footy has dropped off significantly post Covid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any way back to on field…

SA vs Marby is surely match the round this week and live streamed!
Rupo v OP will be an interesting watch as well

If RUPO lose against OP this week , they become equal favourites with KP for relegation.

WC should account for Tulla comfortably

Just heard that kid that played for Craigeburn and was BOG will go back to Calder now and won’t play much anymore unless he gets dropped. That’s a big loss with there 2s having not much quality going by results.

A good replacement would be Davies. But going by talk he hasn’t even trained. Which suggests he probably won’t play at all.

I think you can nearly pencil in the top 5 already. Although injuries can play a big role. Unless anyone things another team can sneak into that top 5 mix?

Just heard that kid that played for Craigeburn and was BOG will go back to Calder now and won’t play much anymore unless he gets dropped. That’s a big loss with there 2s having not much quality going by results.

A good replacement would be Davies. But going by talk he hasn’t even trained. Which suggests he probably won’t play at all.

I think you can nearly pencil in the top 5 already. Although injuries can play a big role. Unless anyone things another team can sneak into that top 5 mix?
So your top 5 is…

Current ladder looks about right I would think. Tulla the smokey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back