EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Gremlin77

Club Legend
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Coletta will be the highest paid in Div 1 next season. Cavka less go figure. Your logic doesn’t make sense.
Not sure if that’s accurate regarding Coletta but how is that relevant to my point about Turbo having alternate opinions depending on whether it’s - Pacco, Hillside or Keilor Park.

Good on Hillside but don’t pretend for one second it’s not cash that gets these blokes over the line! Now time to put up and back the hype up for once

St Albans recruit good players = huge cash offers / Hillside recruit good players = play for love. Turbo logic!

Cavka wouldn’t tie his laces for less than $1k a game, Castello DOES command big money and the Caruso’s if the number is correct floating around are the big ticket recruits!

4 very good players regardless and Hillside right in it with luck now, but spare me the Bs turbo FFS
Let’s be honest here.

Carusos x2 and Cavka would be on 1k each per game.

Costello at least $400 should be in the cap as above that would be as a coach.

Add in Covelli and Prestia that’s a min of $4500 of the $6600 per game based on the cap in 6 players.

Just another example of the useless salary cap.

Not sure if that’s accurate regarding Coletta but how is that relevant to my point about Turbo having alternate opinions depending on whether it’s - Pacco, Hillside or Keilor Park.

Good on Hillside but don’t pretend for one second it’s not cash that gets these blokes over the line! Now time to put up and back the hype up for once
My point being, HS would be paying 3 premier type players the same amount total to what SA are paying the two ex Hilside boys. So good governance and recruiting by HS imo

Not sure HS themselves have hyped anything up.

I’d suggest they achieved exactly what they & outsiders thought they could last season.

This season they should be aiming top 3 & double chance.

Spending big?? Yeah not sure as usually the “big” coin is associated with ex AFL or VFL players. Yes they will be getting good coin but “big” $$ I’m not sure. Castello predominantly doesn’t chase the coin but being assistant would be on decent coin. I’m sure I will field responses but post VFL and Marby his gone to clubs where his close friends are and giving back to the game that gave him a lot. He also knew people at Marby also.. Not sure his money driven as know for a fact he rejected much bigger offers elsewhere ( some double) over the years. Caruso boys were very loyal servants to Greenvale over a number of years. Cavka well whatever he gets his well worth it. Elite player and once again something that Hillside have needed is that quality and knowledge. His potentially a match winner in finals.

Anyway imo very astute recruiting and well done to the club. Appointment of 2 football managers in a co role is serving them well up to this point.
Turbo where is the $ coming from all of a sudden down Hillside?

Early predictions
Marby
Hillside
WC
St Albans
Tullamarine
Craigieburn
Moonee Valley
Keilor Park
Oak Park
Roxy
Rupo

A lot of clubs quiet on the recruiting front
If tulla gets Mckernan he will give them the edge needed to get into finals
Hearing oak park signed a few ex Glenroy boys
Rupo and Roxy to be massive sliders and will be relegated
Don’t get me as I get into my car Roxy folk just a prediction

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Cavka did not play in the Prem GF? Only played 2 games after Rd11, last Rd and the Semi (where he kicked 4)

My point being, HS would be paying 3 premier type players the same amount total to what SA are paying the two ex Hilside boys. So good governance and recruiting by HS imo
Couldn’t agree more, 4 brilliant recruits. That was never in question!
What Baravi, Clearys and Taha did coming back is the perfect example this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was also asked to take a pay cut halfway through the season to a level where it was more beneficial for him to work so that could have played a factor

Hillside may have gone a little early announcing him. Bit to play out on this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard last year he signed a two year contract it’s up to Keilor to let him go or make him honour his contract
So you think HS would announced now, having signed him 3-5 weeks ago roughly (so I’m “hearing”) if there was an issue? Interesting to see what happens here then and how it plays out.

I heard last year he signed a two year contract it’s up to Keilor to let him go or make him honour his contract

Believe you heard right. Not sure why Keilor would bother trying to keep someone who doesn’t want to be there.

Believe you heard right. Not sure why Keilor would bother trying to keep someone who doesn’t want to be there.

Not sure why he would ask for a two year contract when he moves clubs just about every year . I agree if he doesn’t want to play there let him go but on the same token you sign for two years maybe he should honour his commitment.

Not sure why he would ask for a two year contract when he moves clubs just about every year . I agree if he doesn’t want to play there let him go but on the same token you sign for two years maybe he should honour his commitment.
Maybe that was a condition of Keilor that he commit 2 years. Mick held him from Deer Park several years back, if contracted and Keilor want him then nothing HS can do other than try negotiate.

I do agree however, delivered a premiership and had a very good season. If he doesn’t wanna be there let him go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back