2015 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

not really, being overlooked in the draft a couple of times has nothing to do with how a player might turn out,

Tom Rockliff, overlooked in two national drafts, he has turned out alright, someone who had the knock on his game for midfield time and endurance, has managed to make a decent career for himself

Beasley main knock his height, doesn't mean he can turn out to be quite a good defender for us, Scarlett was only 191 cm's too

Actually yeah, 95%+ of players who are overlooked in a draft or two do not end up as quality AFL players. That's a pretty damn high correlation. Rockliff was only overlooked in one national draft and was taken in the subsequent PSD. It's up to Beasley to prove that stat incorrect in his case, but it's hard to give players the benefit of the doubt - there's always a reason they're getting overlooked.

Schache at pick 1 or 2, Dixon for Aish compo, Keayes for round 2 and 4, Hipwood for round 3 and 5?

Yeah, at this stage I reckon that'd pretty much be our ideal off season.

I'd quite happily back two of Merrett, Clarke and Andrews in. I'd back Gardiner and Beasley to play the third tall role too. Beasley can play taller if needed too which is quite handy.
Merret is on his last legs and can't see him playing all next season. Andrews is extremely young to be playing on a 2nd tall if Merret goes down. Also too early to tell if Beasly will be anything.

We have seen what has happened without an experienced defender to help out this year with nearly 1 forward a game getting 5+ goals against us.

Merret is on his last legs and can't see him playing all next season. Andrews is extremely young to be playing on a 2nd tall if Merret goes down. Also too early to tell if Beasly will be anything.

We have seen what has happened without an experienced defender to help out this year with nearly 1 forward a game getting 5+ goals against us.

I agree we need an experienced Defender. Just think we have higher priorities up forward. I'd feel more comfortable going into next year with the same defensive set up we've had this year than I would with our forward set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache at pick 1 or 2, Dixon for Aish compo, Keayes for round 2 and 4, Hipwood for round 3 and 5?

Or should we be aiming for a Carlisle/Tarrant?

We have 3 Qlders in the U18 AA team starting lineup.

Tarrant is a free agent do you could add him to that scenario. In schache, Dixon, keayes, hipwood and Tarrant plus species/rookies. Out aish and our first 5 round picks plus delistings.

Our suffering this year could well result in our forward line being solid for up to a decade. Good stuff.
Yeah I'd rather not get the ******* spoon. Don't be overjoyed because we're being s**t on by every team in the league the Brisbane Lions is a proud club I'm extremely disappointed that we're on track for pick 1 this is definitely not 'good stuff'. If we lose to freo I'm gonna throw my ******* tv through the wall.

Yeah I'd rather not get the ******* spoon. Don't be overjoyed because we're being s**t on by every team in the league the Brisbane Lions is a proud club I'm extremely disappointed that we're on track for pick 1 this is definitely not 'good stuff'. If we lose to freo I'm gonna throw my ******* tv through the wall.

It's the number 1 team at home. We are puss.

I mean, I'm all for anyone that's anti-tanking, but I feel your expectations for today's match might be a little... ambitious.

Last edited:
Hahaha

Please be sure to film it & post it on here as evidence.

I'm happy to take the bad now if it means the good is better later.

You just want a new TV don't you . . . . .

I got excited about six months ago when mine was playing up. Alas the thing is working like a charm now.

Tarrant is a free agent do you could add him to that scenario. In schache, Dixon, keayes, hipwood and Tarrant plus species/rookies. Out aish and our first 5 round picks plus delistings.

If we walk away from our trade/draft period with those names I will consider it an absolute stellar success. Sets us up short and long term, forward and back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back