Game Day Round 22 - Pies vs Cats Matchday Discussion (Marsh the sub, late change Cloke out and White in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck tonight guys, think we will get dominated out of the centre so will be up to how our backs stand up. Just thankful Menzel is playing against you guys and not a team full of snipers (Hawthorn and their own Australian sniper Mitchell). Should be a cracking game.
Our midfield is not much better. It'll be a battle of two of the worst midfields in the AFL tonight.

Normally going into a game I am optimistically pessimistic. Meaning that I think we will lose but a part of me thinks I am wrong.
Today I am pessimistically pessimistic.

Just be happy Toovey isn't playing! :oops::eek:

I think we have an okay chance, but expecting to lose by 40 points just like I was last week....

I think he's saying Geelong's midfield isn't as bad as you're making it out but in a sarcastic fashion.
I've watched quite a few Geelong games this year, and especially last week's game against the Saints, and Geelong's midfield is pretty terrible.

I've watched quite a few Geelong games this year, and especially last week's game against the Saints, and Geelong's midfield is pretty terrible.

Okay. :rainbow:

They're all waiting for Danger to arrive

They're all waiting for Danger to arrive
It would actually pretty hilarious if Danger goes to another Victorian club. All I've heard is Geelong supporters being cocky saying they would get Dangerfield.

I simly cannot see us getting close this week. I've been hopeful for a long time now, I've even been optimistic at times and tipped us to win against the Tigers last week.

My optimism is gone sadly and I think the team's optimism is gone too.

Cats to win by 6+ goals this evening. Looks like I won't be talking to my wife for the night again (Cats supporter)

Better get :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we played Geelong I was in NYC on my honeymoon and in a bar at 6am drinking beer watching the pies... Now I'm in wet rainy Melbourne!

Reality has well and truly set in.

Expectations are not super high but I do believe in the boys. We are all so fickle and with some reason, pessimistic. I do think we will come out breathing fire and give the fans something to be proud of tonight though.

Last time we played Geelong I was in NYC on my honeymoon and in a bar at 6am drinking beer watching the pies... Now I'm in wet rainy Melbourne!

Reality has well and truly set in.

Expectations are not super high but I do believe in the boys. We are all so fickle and with some reason pessimistic. I do think we will come out breathing fire and give the fans something to be proud of tonight though.

NYC is awesome.

There is a bit to play for tonight me thinks.

Firstly the whole football world will be looking on to see if we respond to last weeks rancid display as will we the members and supporters.

We need to show some pride in performance and jumper on the back of a dismal second half of the season and prove we can still match it with a team above us.

Secondly beating Geelong is always nice.

Beating Geelong and putting them out of the finals race even sweeter.

Thirdly I will take some small comfort in the knowledge that beating Geelong tonight will guarantee Adelaide make finals.

Given what has transpired at that club this season who wouldn't be pleased to see them achieve that.

There is a bit to play for tonight me thinks.
Firstly the whole football world will be looking on to see if we respond to last weeks rancid display as will we the members and supporters.
We need to show some pride in performance and jumper on the back of a dismal second half of the season and prove we can still match it with a team above us.
Secondly beating Geelong is always nice.
Beating Geelong and putting them out of the finals race even sweeter.
Thirdly I will take some small comfort in the knowledge that beating Geelong tonight will guarantee Adelaide make finals.
Given what has transpired at that club this season who wouldn't be pleased to see them achieve that.
It's a bit sad that that is my only expectation for the game this week...oh well.

Duncan destroyed us last time and he isn't playing.

Neither is Caddy who at 27 possies that night.

We could actually win if we come to play.

We won't dominate the middle. We never dominate the middle. We said that the last time we played them and they still destroyed us in the middle. Once again, proving why I just try and ignore stats. They lie a lot.

As to your first point, I don't personally think another 100 point hammering means much long term. This group has been spent since the Port game. The only difference now is that they have nothing to play for so I'm basically expecting another 100 point hammering followed by an embarrassing loss to Essendon.

What's with the massive amounts of negativity?

My only hope is that we get a decent amount of pies supporters there tonight. Last week was a joke and the Ponsford Stand was embarrassing to look at with the lack of support.

Bucks has stated that there will be changes in terms of players moving to different roles, so that's one thing I'm looking forward to tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back